The Latticer Disaster, State of the Game, and Tactics of 2 Capture Systems

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Major, May 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Udnknome

Where exactly are your metrics for this?? The last ones I looked at 2 days ago showed no change. (lattice has only been out a week and change)
  2. Major

The constant outrage on the official fourms, perhaps? knowing history from PS1, perhaps? The history that is ignored and lied about, perhaps? By hardcore lattice fans?

Since they have been lobbying and pressing for changes and telling people off on the boards the declining population, perhaps? Possibly evident by the server merges, and now being requested more server merges?

Perhaps?
    • Up x 2
  3. Major

Constantly telling people off on official boards is a good way to encourage a healthy game and server growth, all because you just want a lattice.

:confused:
  4. Dramma Lamma

Lattice has only 1 problem.

Currently it's on 1 continent and it does not affect the others.

Wait till the other 2 continents have it and the proper connections are made and there will be the options people are crying have been removed.
    • Up x 2
  5. ShadowViper

If i could downvote you OP, i would.
    • Up x 4
  6. Purg

Oh, so you've been told - obviously that makes it true. Any news on the poll that shows that half the population doesn't want lattice? (despite it having more upvotes on the roadmap..) I participate in any alerts that come on, I was playing on the Amerish alert before my game crashed :\

Since GU09, I've not had to queue to get to an alert on Amerish or Esamir during prime time, let alone when there isn't an alert.

Quite often when I log in during prime time, I have to queue to get onto Indar, alert or not.
  7. zukhov

That's the best you can do?

All these anti lattice posts and they don't come near to representing the votes in favour of the lattice system.

The facts show that people posting here are just a vocal minority.

Heres a link to the roadmap section, have your say and make a vote.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?forums/roadmap.59/page-2
    • Up x 1
  8. zukhov

That's the best you can do?

All these anti lattice posts and they don't come near to representing the votes in favour of the lattice system.

The facts show that people posting here are just a vocal minority.

Heres a link to the roadmap section, have your say and make a vote.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?forums/roadmap.59/page-2
  9. Nate

The lattice is a great improvement. No problem finding big fights all the time. If you don't like the new Indar meatgrinder OP, not sure what to tell you.
    • Up x 1
  10. Major

c
    I just checked 4 servers, it's prime time now, most Indars have much less activity than last week ,2 Esamirs are bumpin, even with an Amerish alert,.

The lettuce goes rotten fast, because it is the same thing over and over, requires barely any strats, let it go a month, like this.

Better yet, let it go 6 months, or a year, it has no replay value.

And tens of thousands have already left the game, which is clear by the server merges, growth is not happening, and bringing something in that many do not want will not help anything.

There are 2 clear choices,

1) Latticer Servers, Hexx Server ( Bring back influence tug of war system, with timers for attacks and defends!! :D )

2) Or both on the same servers, rotating.

Or extreme latticers can continue to tell off the other memebers of the community, and we can see where this leads, ( not like we have an example of this in present history or anything ).

The constant Lattice hate threads must mean that many hate it, why can't anyone see this?

More objectives, and pushes to objectives, with rewards is the answer overall, bring back SCU shield gens! And add more objectives! I myself really like the spawn terminals, gens in the large outposts. Place them somewhere protected, like before, it worked really well imo.
  11. TheJosephChrist

This. The lattice isn't done yet. And so far I love how it's improved the game.
    • Up x 2
  12. Major

You'll see, this has all happened before, and is happening again.
  13. The Loverator

In the last Week, i found out that here are "SURPRISINGLY" many "Jerks" in the Community/Forum.

What's up, Folks? This is not World of Warcraft. You don't have to behave like A**ho***, only because some
    People DON'T - LIKE - the Lattice-System!!

Well, at least... ... i will not feel guilty anymore for the Scenario of becoming a "Grief-Player" ... ... ... : )

If S~UCH PEOPLE and their horrible arrogant, disgustingly, bratty-cheekily Attitude here in the Forums, "RUIN"
    the Game for me, then o'hhhh, "WILL" some People pay the Price for that, ingame... ... i can "do" different, too...

Looks like i will Add a Guy named "Weaponlock" into my Friendlist, if sooner or later in the Future, "Lattice"
    should completely take away my Freedom of Gaming.

PLAY. YOUR. WAY. - was One of the Slogans of the Game!!

This could even get laid out as "Scam" towards the Buyers, but i don't want to sound like i want to threaten the
    Company, - sooo, i just "HOPE" that we will have BOTH Systems in the Future.

Whoever wants to have Fun with the Lattice-System, shall have his Fun. I want to have mine, too.

Kaykay, thx bye ...
  14. DoomMaze

260K were logging in every day when the game was new... .happens with every game...a large number of people try it for the first month or so then the population settles to more realistic numbers.

Your big war story is all well and good, sounds a lot of fun for all your squads, 300+ people working together under one command structure, I don't really know what the point of it all was though...everyone knows that the hex system provides a very deep and strategy rich game setting, no one is denying that. The problem is its too complex for a public server without an overall commander. When you have 1000 people roaming around, only a few in small squads of 12 (most not working together) and the vast majority playing as lone wolves its a random chaotic mess. The vast majority never saw, heard or knew anything about any deep strategy, they just followed a zerg around the map capturing lightly defended bases or ran around playing whack a mole.

You can try and spin it anyway you like but the lattice is not a bad thing for the game. It serves the purpose of getting people into large fights, and creating some kind of structure out of chaos. It presents a front line and shows people where they need to defend. The only way the hex system would work is if everyone had to follow the orders of a single commander, like they were in the army.....THEN you'd have an epic, strategy rich game.

Now this isn't as mad as it sounds....'everyone following orders in a GAME????? take a look at wwiionline. That has a player run 'high command', who set attack objectives, and only those objectives can be attacked by the players. For it to work in PS2 the maps would have to be bigger though, so who knows, maybe down the road when the mission system is in and the continents are joined by water in one large map, it could be done.

For now though, undeniably, for the majority of players,the lattice system provides the game of planetside that people expected to see when they downloaded it....huge epic combined arms battles!!!! Not some game where the standard ganeplay is either, cruise around the map in a big zerg pounding the sh*t out of a room full of the enemy while waiting for a timer to count down, or play whack a mole all around the map
    • Up x 3
  15. Major

From the shear amount of people who hate it, well, they haven't gone and "voted" they have posted post upon post, upon post and have been spit on by the PS2 community, insulted and called names, and this has been going on since August of last year.

Great show by the latticers, but many others have left the game, and many more will, I am also soon to go, to a game with a better community.

You think people want to play a game and voice their opinions on a fourm, only to be told off and spat on, you guys are winning for what you want for the game, but in the end it will go the way of PS1, you will have server upon server merge, until you just have a handful of them, a dev or two with work with you for tweaks and balances, but the core of them will more onto other projects, you will have a few content updates, to which so far have only been to change PS2, to PS1, and this is the result it has had, it is a negative one, and what is going to happen when the game is more PS1, then it's successful PS2 launch, is you are going to have a fraction of the community left, but you will have what you wanted, a mindless game what leads you by the hand, and all you do is spam bullets at each other.

No magical lattice change or fixes to it will do it, you had the winning system, you refused to learn is and pass this knowledge to new players and help them in the game, and people just get sick of arguing, I'm just about done with you also, surprised I lasted this long, but I will be back in a year or so, just to say, I told you so.
    • Up x 1
  16. SolLeks

being a fellow tech tester and PS1 vet, I remember things very diffrent from you. Most may have seemed fine because the entire pop would only fight on one cont. Then release happend and we got a large influx of players, since this is a free to play game anyone and everyone tried it. Lots found it was not for them and the pops started going down (kinda normal for games, more so for F2P games TBA) and the game reverted into more of a 'wack a mole' type thing where often times there would be only a small amount of people trying to cap a base (1 to 3) and you never defended anything unless it was being taken, and then would fall back all around the map since no one really knew where the enemy was going to go. Then the defense would just fall apart and the attack would just walk around taking places without much of a fight.

Now there is lattice, Now we know where to fall back and where to expect a fight. There are still lots of things smaller squads can do, they just require tactics.
    • Up x 2
  17. The Loverator

"I" will not "adapt or die" - i will become a Backstabber for the T.R. and the N.C. sometimes, somewhere.

I a~llllllw~ays wanted to make an N.C. and T.R. Character, too. =) so now i get a good Chance to "fight back"
    at the Lattice-System with it and against anyone who wants to force it over me and my Way of playing.

Glorious Times are coming for the Planetside 2 Community. Full of vengeful Players, i hope.
    • Up x 1
  18. Major

You missed where I said small outfits, other outfits, outfitties gathered up pubbies to roll with, everyone knew what to do, they knew how to play the game.

The complaints coming in from smaller outfits, is I used to be able to help my empire, now I cannot.

They knew where to get influence, they knew where to go, they knew where they were needed as did we, sometimes the bio lab was full of pubbie platoons and small outfits, we knew that they had it, so we would battle and work on securing the surrounding influence, to help them out, it was fun.

Now the game has decided what is fun for me, latticers tell me what is fun, what I will have fun with, and that more lattices will make it funner for me, and if myself and many other don't like it to leave.

Well they have been leaving since 2 months after launch, who wants to be told off all the time, because their views on fun are different.

Good job PS2 community, good games, have fun continuing to destroy the fun of others while you ram your crap down their throats, while you tell people off and insult them for having a difference of opinion.

o_O
  19. Seranov

Unlikely. I can't stop you from dreaming, though.
  20. Major

People knew before, the complaints I heard on voice wasn't the system, it was the hackers...........

And the fourmside tell off brigade helps nothing, you'll get your way though, and exactly the kind of game I have described to you, because.

This has all happened before, and it is all happening again, people don't want to sit in the same place for hours following lines like a lemming, they want fun, quick, rewarding, engaging gaming with lots of replay value, we had this system, it has slowly been taken from us, by lettucers.

Done with this for a few days, I will be back though, and I will be back to say I told you so, with the next merger.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.