[Suggestion] SOE, please do paid advertising on the load screen...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by treeHamster, May 29, 2013.

1. treeHamster

Or at least in the launcher. Now before everyone spams "NOOO", listen up.

They could do paid advertising to add to the revenue stream which would put some pressure off the cash grab weapons cycle they do every month. It could mean they take some time and work on content that doesn't make them a lot of money such as Hossin, Cont Locking, and fixing the engine (god knows that needs work).

So please consider doing paid advertising in the game to put in revenue so we can get some content that doesn't directly provide revenue. For a game that is suppose to last five years, we already have a ridiculous arsenal for infantry and vehicles are not far behind. You can't keep bring out new weapons and need to look for new revenue facets.
  2. Sapare

NOOO

(seriously, I disagree. Emersion is a mayor thing for me, already the advertisment they sometimes plug in is frustrating)(not saying they shouldnt have any money revenues, but just dont think this should be it)
  3. Eclipson

No, especially with double and sometimes triple loading screens. Not unless they produce a planetside 2 adblock.
  4. Nocturnal7x

Not many people play this game, doubt they could get very much money from in game ads like that. They just need to understand that if they improve the game people will spend money on it.
  5. Phazaar

It's simple enough to avoid the 'nooooo' - just make it only show for people who aren't premium, or create a 'lower level' of premium for no ads, like spotify does.

I wholeheartedly support any idea that involves SOE spending more time squeezing fatcats for money and less time squeezing you and I.

I can already see a really great bit of synergetic advertising with a certain Cartoon Network (is it still on CN??) anime show thats name rhymes with 'Flagonball Bee'... I don't want to write it out in full in case SOE are already working on the 'Mooper Mayan' merchandise and they think I'm betraying an NDA...... Plausibly deniable enough? :D
    • Up x 1
  6. ExarRazor

denied.

nothing breaks immersion quite like recalling to your sanctuary after a hard battle, only to see, and hear, a godawful old spice commercial.
  7. treeHamster

I said ads people, not video ads. You can have simple picture ads...DURRR.

Also it could be for the non-members with something in the shop where you could pay say 250sc/month to not have ads. The point is to ad more revenue so they can stop with the cash grab weapons revenue model they use. They keep ditching work on the stuff we want for the stuff we don't want.
  8. Bill Hicks

I'm fine with that. Sometimes I actually buy what is adverted. That's how I bought some cool shirts.
  9. MilitiaMan

I can see this, give members the ability to turn it off though and make them just signs not videos ;D
  10. Maelios

One question for SOE in regards to paid advertising. Why aren't there ads on the forums?!?!
  11. TheBloodEagle

You know what, I actually don't mind this idea. They would of course only be an image, not a video, as you mentioned. It would be another perk for Members to not see the ads. I think it would be good for SOE, good for members and good for free players if they actually bring down the prices because of the ads. But I feel like SOE would put in ads and just enjoy the extra profit without giving any benefit to the rest of us.
  12. Littleman

I wouldn't mind loading screen ad signs even AS a paid member. What else is there to look at? The snapshot provided that includes pretty scenery of the continent I'm on? The loading bar? The hint blurb just above it?

Shoot, it might even be amusing to see billboards along roads, especially on an urban continent if we ever get one.
  13. treeHamster

That was exactly what I was thinking. I've seen that silly picture of Indar about a bazillion times now. I honestly couldn't care less if I didn't see it again. If they could replace it with an ad image instead, and it help support the game, I would rather see an ad.