Loving the lattice, but lets keep it Indar only

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Badname707, May 28, 2013.

1. Badname707

I thought I wasn't gonna like the lattice. I really didn't. But now that I've seen it, I actually really like how it slows down battle, letting commanders put more time into thinking out their tactics and strategy. That said, I don't think the other continents would be much improved by it, nor would I like seeing the old hex system completely done away with. I think the smaller continents work just fine with the hex system, surely someone else agrees with me
  2. SgtBreastroker

Oh boy here we go.
  3. Foams

That sounds reasonable. Large continents like Indar and Amerish get the latice and small ones like Esamir stay hex. Lets people who dont like one or the other play where they enjoy most.
  4. thrikerr

All continents are the same size.

Lattice will only improve the already solid designs of Esamir and Amerish.
  5. Foams

Really? Esamir always seemed so much smaller. Maybe its the more flat open ground for faster driving. I like the lattice myself. I was agreeing with the OP that it might be a good idea to leave a few continents with the hex system for people that dont like the lattice to play.
  6. Qel

Esamir has far fewer bases and Hexes than Indar did. Amerish is somewhere between the two. Whilst I can see good and bad things about the lattice they need to expand it to the other continents if we're keeping it. At the moment having it on just one messes with population spread because some people just want to play lattice so they stay on Indar no matter what.
  7. Aractain

Moar Lattice. Thanks.
  8. Winfield

No. Lattice for every continent.

I haven't gone to a single alert that's not been on Indar. The HEX system is a joke and needs to go.
  9. Lambchopz

Esamir has fewer bases, and the biggest difference is probably that it only has a single tech plant (Eisa) which means that whoever controls it is the only faction on the map to have access to MBTs on Esamir (outside of the Warpgate, obviously). But speaking in terms of raw size of the map, it's the same I believe, there are just fewer facilities to actually fight at, and fewer that are actually important to hang on to.

More on topic: Honestly if they are going to do this lattice system, which I personally do like, I'd rather they just go all in with it. Put it on every map, and expand it/improve it as we go. Don't confuse things by having two separate systems. Just take one of them and run with it, devote all dev resources to it and make it as good as possible.

I get that some people have no love for the lattice system, I really do. But it's clear this is the path that SOE has decided on for better or for worse, so I think they should run with it and make it as good as it can be.