Dramatic FPS decrease latest patch; game become unplayable.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Gustavo M, May 10, 2013.

1. Gustavo M

As title implies.
    And yes, I already deleted my UserOptions.ini, using the lowest settings possible, deleted all the .dll files and verified em for anything that is corrupted, defragmented my pc, using the latest GPU drivers, and so on.
    Here is a screenshot, just in case.
    [IMG]

And yes, it's this low. All. The. Time.
  2. Nepau

I would have suggested you look in the useroptions.ini for forcegpuphysics or whatever it's called and set to 0, as one of my outfit members was having the same issue due to this setting, but I would assume that deleting it would have solved that problem.
  3. Cloaking

I'm getting poor FPS since the update too, I'm also playing on low settings and was easily keeping 60 in most cases, but now I'm struggling to reach 40 and mostly playing at 20-30
  4. GUSRG

I'm getting a horrible FPS since last patch too. It's almost impossible to aim.
  5. pedroarmenio

Same thing here. I put money and a lot of certs in my character, but the game became unplayable to me. I got from 70 to 40 FPS at the warpgate, from 30 to 10 FPS in big battles. GG Planetside 2. Well done SOE.
  6. GUSRG

I update my Nvidia drivers I'm using now the drivers 320.18 with Win8 and the FPS is normal and fine to play again. Try to do this too, maybe you get some good results.
    • Up x 1
  7. Icemanthemyope2

Same here, just can't play this game anymore. Too bad, it is a great game.
  8. Duskwind

I'm definitely seeing a performance decrease as well. I run a GTX 680 with all settings at max. The game hasn't become unplayable, but I can see an FPS decrease and controls don't feel as crisp anymore. I'm not sure whether it's the latest PS2 patch or the latest drivers from nVidia. Both seem to have been released at around the same time.
  9. Hatamoto

FPS is down near large bases when populated, and not any more populated than before the patch i might add ... fps around 40 and i experience a stuttering and mouse lag that wasnt in before patch. How is that test server working for you SOE?