Vanu Endless Max crash

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sekaszy, May 24, 2013.

1. Sekaszy

Today i just join Zerg on Indar( Miller ), and suddenly i understand why TR and NC thinks ZOE is OP.
    This Zerg was not normal, it was MaxZerg, full of Maxes. Just image MaxCrash after MaxCrash in every base on the way of that Zerg.

Normal Max Crash ALWAYS is made by some Outfit, its take time, organization etc. To beat that MaxCrash you
    usually need to create your own MaxCrash..
    And now thanks to ZOE VANU have MaxCrashes that are create by Zerg.
    Its take ZERO time to make one ZERO organization, there is no way to stop them, IT just arrive beat the **** of the enemy and move to next base

This is OPnes of ZOE, natural MaxCrashes.
    And why its happened? In my opinion its because of 2 thinks:
    1:Vanu Maxes are as fast as "normal guys"
    2;Its......looks cool.

That is my theory and sorry. i know my English is bad.
    • Up x 1
  2. bodmans

have yet to experience such maddnesssss
  3. KlyptoK

I need to see this.
  4. JacDoom

As a TR on Indar on Miller, I did not enjoy seeing the Vanu zerg. It was crushing everything it came across with ease.
  5. Sekaszy

Yeah, when its "SUPER DISCO CRAB TIME" (I yelled that durnig zerg xD) enemies are done.
  6. bestan

Good thing dual fracture is pretty effective against thoses shiny pink crabs.

Counter MAX crash it is. o_O

But yeah since GU09 this game basically has become MAXside 2. Let it one or two week for thing to return to normal, after everyone has grown bored of their new toys (or their toys are nerfed to oblivion)
  7. Vastly

Personally, I think revive for MAXes should go. It would be a small change to most considering the number of times you actually get revived right now, but this will probably change in the future and the infantry game really doesn't need Vehicleside "outside" and MAXside "inside".
  8. ChaosReaperr

I would love to see a video of this... but even more I would love to see a video of a NC Max Zerg with lines of shields coming at you.
  9. Lucifer's Keyboard

It doesn't happen because the shield is worthless.

From a MAX player's perspective:

Vanu: "Sweet, my MAX is basically buffed now! NO reason to use charge, ZOE is better in every way and it basically makes my MAX the most dominant footsoldier on the field!"

Terran: "Sick, when we all anchor, we can make an unstoppable AA presence! We can lockdown corridors, and with teamwork, set up amazing chokepoints!"

NC:"Well, um, if there's like 10 MAXes with it then it's sort of cool, but this doesn't enhance my MAX at all, it's actually worse than charge in most situations, and it doesn't even cover all the fire from the front, let alone sides and rear. I think I'll keep using charge"
  10. SgtBreastroker

<3 MAX Crashes
  11. JacDoom

The strange thing is, I'm not sure I've actually see a Locked-down Max yet. I'm not sure what it actually looks like. NC Max with shield is easy to spot, as is the glowing Vanu ZOE Max.
  12. Ultramarine

This sounds fun. Me and My aegis would like to witness one please.

Yeah we got kinda let down by the aegis, but that doesn't mean it's useless, I personally LOVE it. I pair it with my AA and AV variants so they can absorb lolpods and tank shells between clips of my burster, falcon or raven.
    In AI or max to max, its effectively worthless except for covering reloads, since our weapons are literally worthless after 10-15m and the vanu can now run backwards murdering you faster than you can approach to deal damage. Which is why NC maxes aren't making AI charges like they used to.
  13. koopa

they look like this
    [IMG]
  14. Twistdlester

It's the flavor of the week now, I expect to see 90% VS MAXs this weekend , see the way this usually works is that they knowingly release OP stuff , collect the station cash then a few days from now the VS Max nerf will come and then the tears will roll and the cert redund demands will be epic this time because I see so many VS maxs now who all put certs into the ability and SC into the guns
  15. ChaosReaperr

I've seen it be useful... I would waaay rather have the shield than ZOE. I haven't seen a big Zerg rush but I've seen small groups pop out the shield to amazing effect. A Max Zerg of any time is kind of silly, but people do silly things in games all the time, like sundie zurgs, or lightning zergs. They often can be effective but usually easy countered by the same level of counter cooperation.

Nope... Charge is way more effective at what it is, charging or fleeing. ZOE pails to that specific use. Also a Max was already the most dominant footsoldier on the field, with NC being the kings of the biolabs and the others being useful at mid range.

You are way underplaying it, there are lots of NC posting how effective it has been for them to use and i've seen it. You can use a shield to box people in a room, to shield allies behind you, to make people burn some clips to rush in to scattmax them, etc... Lots of uses.
    • Up x 1
  16. TallPaul_S

Game is pretty much unplayable now if you're TR (and NC I would have thought) Forget fighting the MAX Sovereignty, you beat them down to a pulp at one base and the next base they're all pulled maxes because they now cannot win without their OP max suit. :mad:

******* joke.

Every Vanu MAX I kill, I make sure to teabag, I used to hate NC the most but VS have stooped to a new low. "Oh crap we're losing, lets all pull maxes!!! - instant win!!" :rolleyes:

You haven't seen anything until you've seen 30 vanu pink ******* crabs run into a biolab, THROUGH (yes, THROUGH) lockdown maxes defending the doors (I'm not talking 2 or 3 here, it was 20 or 30) and proceed to kill everything in sight.

Yeah, lockdown is awesome, and ZOE is useless, as some vanu would have you believe. **** off, I say.

Apologies in advance NC, but you're gonna get hit big time by the TR this weekend, no-one in their right mind will be wanting to fight the VS.
  17. TimBurkeulosis

the problem here is that ZOE doesn't have a goddamn cool-down. Rather, its a toggle-able ability so people will pretty much always have it active, which is god awful. even if thy're squishier when they have ZOE active, its nothing that an engineer standing behind the max constantly repairing wont fix. This needs to be addressed. Give it a ******* cool-down timer.
  18. Jalek

They go through NC MAX's that way as well. In the long fights, it ends up being all MAX suits, some eng and medics to support, and only a handful of others. The shields work long enough to recover the downed piles of MAXes just before the next lobster rush.
    It's fast anyway, though advancing seems unlikely without a huge population advantage.