Lockdown - practically useless.

Discussion in 'MAX' started by TallPaul_S, May 22, 2013.

1. Sifer2

My experience with it so far is that it is almost useless indoors or for AI in general. It only slightly lowers your TTK against Infantry. But Infantry in PS2 melt quickly anyway. So why in God's name would you sacrifice being able to move for that? You wouldn't unless you want to die to the first HA clever enough to just play peek a boo around a corner with a rocket launcher. 2 shots an your dead. Hell it undeploys so slowly that even if you tried to undeploy an run after the first hit he would still kill you. And that's not even taking into account AV grenades. So yeah it's a far cry from being this defensive super ability some people are pretending it is.

Outdoors on the AA/AV front it's a bit more useful. Fractures get a significant boost from it, and vehicles have enough health that the added DPS/reload speed matters. Your still stationary though. So highly vulnerable to being killed by all manner of things like direct hits from tanks, AV turret, and of course the guided ESRL's that NC/VS have. Still I might be content with the fact it's an outdoors vehicle fighting ability only. Were it not for the fact that the Vanu's ZOE both makes them a power house at fighting Infantry, and also arguably just as good if not better than a Lockdown'ed MAX at fighting vehicles thanks to the large damage boost. Seriously they get a damage boost, and a mobility boost. We get damage boost, at the cost of no mobility. Even a 4th grader should be able to see the imbalance lol.
    • Up x 1
  2. Dragonblood

signed
  3. void666

I wish undeploy could be faster.
  4. TallPaul_S

And why does the animation not match the actual time it takes to undeploy?

"Press F" - Mobilizing - feet unanchored - still cannot move for another second.

Honestly if the undeploy speed was a tiny little bit faster (make deploy take 2 or 3 seconds, I'd be fie with that) and the max got a 50% health increase while in lockdown, I'd be happy.

As it is, they're sitting ducks, get hit by a rocket or a lancer and you may as well not bother undeploying as you won't be able to move in time to avoid the second hit that will kill you. And they're a C4 magnet.
    • Up x 3
  5. BloodArmoredApostle

remember jeeves you needed a or two engineers to follow you to keep yourself alive....uh a reaver comes after you your done bro ...light assault C4 your done bro...Very situational...like rare...like that.....how often can you use your ability? um almost not so often....rare....why its useless...doesn't apply to critical battles man...just saying where you need to be effective and hold or push through lines.