BASR reload mechanic changed...

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Elaqure, May 24, 2013.

1. Elaqure

I want feedback on this from other infiltrators...

In the GU09 update they changed BASR rifles to where you HAVE to rechamber before reloading. This effectively adds another 1-2 seconds to the reload time of these rifles. Why is this necessary? I want to call this a nerf...it changes the way rifles work in a bad way!

Did anyone else notice this?
  2. Manetheren

I do believe it was always like this o.o
  3. Elaqure

It actually wasn't like this before! Before, you could fire and immediately reload without having to chamber the next round.

It you look at the update notes, they acknowledge that this change was made. The question remains: why?
  4. Vaphell

in case you used all bullets in your mag, what do you rechamber exactly? o_O i don't see any shell casings requiring ejection.
  5. Scan

Ours aren't the only ones that have been changed. Almost all the classes had their main weapons affected by this change.

My guess would be because you could interrupt your reload by switching to your pistol, switch back to your rifle, and fire it, as if your hadn't started reloading. This is something you'd do when you are suddenly faced with an enemy in the middle of the reload.

It appears that SoE likes people to not be able to do this. In my opinion, it does border exploiting abit.

The reload times wouldn't have much sense if you are able to fire the weapon regardless by quickly doing a "1,2,1" and canceling it out, now would it?

This is not something INF specific, but goes for all classes. You might even consider this working in our favor.
  6. Elaqure

I still think you don't understand the issue I'm talking about...

Before, when firing a BASR, it was possible to fire, then immediately reload before rechambering a round. Now (since GU09), after you fire, you HAVE to wait through the rechambering animation BEFORE you can initiate a reload. In effect, when reloading, you have to rechamber a round, THEN reload the rifle. This lengthens the reload time of the rifle significantly.
  7. Gilchrist

My question is . . . . why do bolt action rifles have clips in the first place if you have to rechamber anyways? Are rifles like this IRL anyways?
  8. Dr.Insomnia

Bolt-action rifles yes. With semi-auto weapons you rely on the chamber reacting to gas-pressure to trigger a re-load (sliding back, ejecting the spent casing and moving a new round into position) through either a blowback or delayed blowback mechanism. This tends to be either sloppier or more complex than a bolt-action rilfe where the chamber is locked rock-solid as you fire, providing maximum inherent stability (and thus, accuracy).
    The drawback with a bolt-action is that you do have to manually eject the previous round and load the new round.
    It's still MUCH faster than if you had to feed a new round into the chamber in an entirely manual fashion.

As for forced re-chambering.
    That's the difference between a short and a long re-load. In a long re-load your chamber is empty and you have to manually **** your rifle. In a short re-load there is already a round in the chamber and thus you only have to change the mags.
    So basically, if you reload before you've chambered a new round you're basically doing a long re-load on a bolt-action rifle. Because anything else is silly.
  9. A 59 c

Elaqure, this sounds like a bug to me but which bolt action rifle are you seeing this change - is it one of the TR's..?
    I've been testing the NC's SAS-R, Longshot, Bolt Driver and LA-80 and they have not changed the mechanic i.e. I can shoot and while still scoped hit R to reload and I do not have to rechamber.
  10. Elaqure

It's with the TR RAMS .50M. The change with the way it reloaded did happen with GU09. I could do what you describe before the update. Now, I have to wait with my to rechamber then reload.

Hope that makes sense. I'll see if I have some video so I can put something together to illustrate what I'm talking about.
  11. Jellyman_E

I just checked all my rifles and it is not like this for me, or the rest of my team.