Ammo belt isn't adding underbarrel ammo

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Hagestol, May 17, 2013.

1. Hagestol

Uhm, we sacrifice a lot to get the ammo belt. A lot. Immunity to OHK. Flak damage. Extra grenades.

Your argument is extremely childish - "If it isn't amazing then you shouldn't mind not getting extra utility for your invested certs".
    As it stands the gun is bad because two grenades isn't enough utility to compensate for a worse gun. It is okay for the engineer because they have unlimited shots and have other primary functions than actually killing people. It is okay for medics because they have a different primary objective and they can pick up extra shots from ammo packs engineers throw out for them.

Light assaults cannot get extra ammo from packs, thats why we have the ammo belt - where we, again, sacrifice lots of survivability just to have ammo. But we don't get the extra ammo other classes can get.

I wasn't aware you could throw a random analogy into a discussion and call it an argument. HA have dumb fire rockets that can smash tanks and OHK infantry. Whats the problem with OHK with limited shots again?
  2. FnkyTwn

So you're saying Medics can replenish their UBGL ammo from
    Engi Ammo Packs and LAs can't? Have you tried standing on
    an Ammo Pack with the UBGL equipped? I drop Ammo Packs
    on the roofs of Biolabs all the time for LAs to spam their UBGLs.

You get the same exact 'extra ammo' that every other class gets
    once they choose to cert into it, except for maybe 2 or 3 LMGs
    that offer Extended Magazines.

Is Hagestol your primary account? Seems like it shouldn't be if
    you've been registered since Nov 22nd. What's your mains name?
  3. Hagestol

Wow. Out of all my arguments, you singled out the only one that had to be interpreted?
    And the rest out of context? Without the interpretation?

If you run down with engineers and medics, you aren't playing LA, you're playing a gimped HA without a decent gun, a rocket laucher and a shield. Medics and engineers stay together roughly.

But you got that right? You're just joshing me? You know the point of the ammo belt for the LA right? Why LA need it but no other class really does because they can get engi ammo? And you did read my previous post about the sacrifices from getting it?
  4. FnkyTwn

So on one hand, you say that Engineers have access to the exact same highground
    that LAs have, but on the other you say LAs can't be anywhere near an Engineer to
    resupply? Your argument doesn't seem very well thought out, from the perspective of,
    you're making my point for me. LAs get easy access to amazing vantage points that
    would make having 6 UBGL shots incredibly OP. Engineers don't get access to the
    same areas, and Engineers are tied to the location of their Ammo Pack. Sure they
    can throw another one out, but that requires a little planning and placement, as well
    as taking the gun out of your hands.

I have 2 levels of Ammo Belt unlocked on both my LA and my HA. I took those 2 on
    my HA because I like to camp specific locations where I know that resupplying will
    be difficult. I also use an LMG with an Extended Magazine to carry as many bullets
    as I possibly can. + Suppressor of course. I also have 2 levels of Missiles unlocked
    for periods when I need them, and there isn't an Engineer around to resupply me.

Hell, I even have 2 Levels of Ammo Belt unlocked on my Infiltrator. Forgot that one.

Anybody outside of this LA specific forum would disagree with you. I know that you
    don't want to hear that, and that it's somehow invalid to you, but it's still there. You
    can ignore reality all you want, but it's still gonna be there.

Is Hagestol your primary account? Hagestol doesn't have the Solstice SF unlocked,
    so what's your main accounts name?
  5. Hagestol

Your argument needs work.

I said engineers CAN go on high ground and spam UBGL if they like. They don't. Because - they aren't that great anymore. Interpret, if you were playing more you'd know that. There are plenty of videos from before when engis ran around oneshotting everyone ad infinitum. But they stopped, because they nerfed the UBGL. It isn't amazing.

And dude: Extended mags increase mag size, not total bullets.

And incredibly OP is an incredibly stupid statement to come with. They would test this if they decided to go with it yeah? So they could balance it, say if six were to much, perhaps four? Use your head and stop wrecking suggestion threads.

You're in the LA forum so your "other forums" argument holds no ground whatsoever. If you want to be a negative nancy then please leave - and I'm sure that most players would relish in the idea of more LA using grenade launchers instead of shotguns.
  6. FnkyTwn

You're correct that Extended Magazines, on their own, don't increase
    your total bullet capacity, however Extended Magazine + Ammo Belt
    gives you a dramatic amount of extra ammo. 150(clip) + 450 (reserve)
    vs the standard 75 + 225. It's 300 ammo vs 600 ammo. 'dramatic'

Well just say that 6 Grenades isn't your only demand. It's not like you've
    been saying it's negotiable. 4 would get less of an argument out of most
    people. Each level of Ammo Belt would unlock .5 of a grenade and that
    seems much more reasonable for the cert investment.

So you don't want a discussion in your suggestion thread, you just want
    people who agree with you? Seems pretty silly if you ask me, but maybe
    spell that out in your original post. "I don't want people who disagree with
    me to post anything. This thread is only for like-minded friends."
  7. Hagestol

Dude, I want arguments for and against. An argument against might be that the gun is good enough on its own (it isn't), that we can resupply on the ground like other classes (we can't unless we want to play gimped HA and not true LA flying over roofs etc). Arguments for would be the gun is terrible and two grenades is nothing so it isn't worth it.

Saying lol, it will be OP and comparing it to totally different classes with other challenges isn't an argument it is a whine. And there are enough of those in these forums already, so stop adding to them.

LA die a lot. 600 ammo for a SMG is massive, and mostly not needed. There is currently almost no reason to use the underbarreled gun, and so almost nobody uses it. This would, if not fix it, at least help it.
  8. FnkyTwn

Per the Stats Page:
    Gauss Compact S
    5,054 Owners
    8.43 Playtime = 2nd Highest NC Carbine Playtime after the GD-7F

Trac-5 S
    5,782 Owners
    9.37 Playtime = 2nd Highest TR Carbine Playtime after Jaguar

Solstice SF
    4,484 Owners
    8.78 Playtime = 2rd Highest VS Carbine Playtime after the VX6-7
  9. Hagestol

Always with the picking out the one thing you think you can argue and leaving out the rest. Officially calling troll now.

And your stats mean nothing because 2nd/3rd highest playtime of one of three classes of weapons LA use as primaries means its unpopular. But I guess you didn't want anyone to realise that.
  10. phreec

They should make the Grenade Bandolier increase UBGL amount instead. Ammo Belt would be too much of a nobrainer upgrade otherwise.
    • Up x 1
  11. Hagestol

That depends - if they actually make our speciality grenades worthwhile like the concussion grenade is to the HA then UBGL rounds and extra nades will be much much better than four extra mags for your gun. But as of now I'd agree with you.

Or they could add two to the ammo belt and four to the grenade belt?
  12. FnkyTwn

Is Hagestol your primary account? Hagestol doesn't have the
    Solstice SF unlocked, so what's your main accounts name?

This is the 3rd time i'm asking you on this page. I'd like to see
    how much you actually use the UBGL on your primary account

Because it would be a little crazy if you were complaining about
    something you haven't used before. Right?
  13. Ripshaft

lol definately not, 2+ easy/cheesy kills is plenty. I love my ubgl, but it is an utterly cheese weapon, especially on la.
  14. commandoFi

In regards to Sundy killing having to wait for them to burn (current mechanic) you could finish it with the extra UBGL shots. However this sacrifices flak or nano, reducing survivability, and takes along time ( reload, shoot, etc), and can be thwarted by a few watchful people. You still can take out sundies, but its not instant at all. It would be balanced pretty well, but people would still whine incessantly instead of getting blockade armor.
  15. simmi1717

You are absolutely right. That nerf barely affected the stupid engineers, but it had HUGE impact for us LA. We can't stand near the stupid ammo packs for 5 sec before moving to the roof again. It should be much quicker .
    • Up x 1
  16. Manetheren

I love my UB shottie :>