[BUG] Smoke Grenades on Low Settings

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by urida, May 22, 2013.

1. urida

So i didn't post this until now because there was a rumor they were fixing it with GU9. Apparently not. As it stands on low settings the smoke grenade is significantly less effective than higher texture settings. There are 2 problems with this. one is that imo the amount of concealment the smoke grenade provides on low is too little to be at all effective so it just loses all effectiveness like the flashlight. however a worse problem is that those people who run on higher settings think the smoke is more effective than it is to lower setting players. This results in them entering the "smoke" but in fact being completely visible to those people who run low texture settings. I fact i play on low textures for just this reason. I can't begin to count the number of times i've kill engi's who were hidding in the corner thinkin their underbarrel smoke launcher was concealing them.
    Ideally the smoke would provide equal concealment on all graphics settings but if it must be different on low it should be weighed against those people who play on low as many more play on higher. That way if you think your concealed on high you are definitely concealed on low.
    Regardless if you agree in weighing it against low settings its effectiveness on low must be stepped up, as it now stands its all but useless.
    • Up x 4
  2. Manetheren

I SO SO SO SO SO SOOOOOOOO agree with this, they could make smoke grenades just like in CSS but with a larger radius of course.
    • Up x 1
  3. agrueeatedu

I've been complaining about this for a while, infiltrators have a similar problem with their cloak not working as well on low settings.
  4. jak

This has been a problem forever...I've not used smoke grenades in months because of it.
  5. Joe_da_cro

as a person who can play on low and high settings. it is actually more easier to notice a infiltrator on high than low. the shimmer is really eye catching. where as on low the dull white or black while easy to track once you have found it is not easy to notice (well not as easy as the shimmer on high).
  6. loleator

Stop spreading forumside2 common missunderstanding around without checking first. Infiltrators are EASIER to see on high quality than on low EXCEPT for a bug in which 1 ever 50 times or so, the infiltrator will turn solid white. That's a bug and therefore must be fixed. However when the cloak is working as intended you can see them better on high.
  7. urida

So i cant claim an understanding of whether its a bug or not but in my experience its is easier for me to see cloaked infiltrators on low than on high. It may be a bug idk but that's just the way it is for me.

However i was trying to keep this thread only on smoke because according to SOE threads that stay focused on the issue are more likely to get listened to. So i would appreciate it if we stuck to conversation about smoke.