ZOE, irrational fears and reality

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by W0rthy, May 24, 2013.

1. W0rthy

It happened with the mag which wasn't op, and now it's beginning to be talked about with regards to the ZOE after just two days.

Why are nc and tr only players so irrationally afraid of something that moves sideways?

They nerfed the mag because it moved sideways, eventhough it was severely weak to compensate.

TR gets anchor 4 lol mode which with weapon reload 4 HEAT kills everything it shoots at before it itself goes down, the only chance you have is to run even if you're close to it, almost impossible to miss magriders with it unless you're incompetent because the bullet velocity is +60%, nc gets 8 seconds of invincibility whilst blowing the **** out of you, charging you or rolling backwards to repair.

But yet.. people complained with their irrational arguments and the mag got nerfed and it took the prowler becoming op for about a month to get a clue and get the mag back some of its mobility. It still could do with more mobility or more damage but i digress.

So now VS max gets ZOE, NC disagrees because they think they should be the king of qcq (wrong, all factions maxes have cqc weapons, you're not supposed to own everything at close range, most max battles are at close range. But that's how you justified the NC max being op for ages.)

So what's the deal with zoe? Well i have kinetic 5 zoe 5 here's my impression:

It glows purple and hums so you by using sound know exactly where it is from a mile away aswell as being able to spot it easily.

A max equipped with ZOE cannot charge away from being concussed. And can be killed in 1 decimator round. or 1 decimator and half a mag like other maxes. So stop acting so defenceless, when a ZOE is so easy to dispatch.

The damage bonus it gets is miniscule compared to the extensive loss of resist, which unless you have kinetic 5 makes you take insane amount of damage.

The momentum bug which made it move at 2x intended speed on the test server has been fixed. It's movements are quite normal.

It's strafing is far from too fast to aim down. And aside from that, sidestrafing with the zoe makes blueshift very inaccurate, utilizing it with blueshifts thus requires you to stand fairly still making you highly vulnerable.

It's good for hit and runs with nebula short range though.

Using zoe instead of charge is still quite risky business and unreliable, since you can't charge away from a lot of enemies and can be charged down by other maxes and dealth with.

Using bursters make you light up like a christmas tree for miles.

Dual comets have been useful for ages for taking down mass tanks, even before the +1 mag buff. Try it without zoe to verify. I've used it like that for a long time. Has it become a little too good against infantry, perhaps, but that has to be balanced with raven and fracture. If comet gets nerfed they should aswell.

People are using the VS max now with this new feature, because new has a coolness factor and is fun to experience. As a result VS maxes are being fielded with equal intensity of NC maxes, which used to dominate infantry combat because of their numbers.

TR and NC max abilities might have to be tweaked a little bit to make them more like the tank equivalents of anchor and shield. But other than that it's a really nice change to the gameplay.
    • Up x 14
  2. ih8Darian

I don't even like ZOE that much, but I love going super saiyan :eek:
    • Up x 1
  3. Holomang

You must've missed the whole ADAD exploit thing.

Kind of invalidates your whole post.
    • Up x 13
  4. Zeke342

And everyone should have stopped reading right there.

Assuming you're refering to the initial magrider nerf. It was needed. The magrider was scoring MASSIVELY higher in comparison to the NC & TR MBTs. I'm a BR79 VS.. bias towards the VS and even I can admit the Mag was OP from the get go.. that was probably the WORST way you could have started defending the Zoe.

Now.. the Zoe is no OP. The SLIGHT damage increase for the medium armor decrease is balanced. The speed is balanced. The only thing that is not balanced is the burster maxes (same for lockdown max), and the adadad WARPING, the warping is different from regular infantry ADADAD.. it sounds like something that is server side and not so much the fault of the max. Odds are the lateral speed of the max needs a SLIGHT nerf to put it in line with the strafing speed of infantry.
    • Up x 4
  5. W0rthy

I'm at BR 100 right now (which takes a while) and i've not had any problems ADS'ing people sidestrafing. Also the max doesn't move that much faster than regular infantry.

And what part about using a conc grenade and taking it out with rocket / half a mag don't you get? That's how HA's have been dealing with all faction maxes for ages.
    • Up x 3
  6. Holomang

You'd think a BR100 would understand the difference between sidestrafing and ADAD
    • Up x 7
  7. sindz

You cant ADAD exploit with maxes since they have momentum movement. So another irrational fear here eliminated. While infantry can continue to abuse ADAD exploit.
    • Up x 3
  8. W0rthy

It wasn't, it was because it became an urband legend that it was undefeatable and godlike.. then everybody started using it. And the usage statistics reflected that.

If you've ever tried anchor 4 reload 4 in actual combat situations, or the 8 second shield on vanguards you would realize how the mags ability to sidestrafe and leap over a very short distance is far from unwarranted.

I'm frankly getting tired of peoples irrational conclusions about something being OP because it moves differently. The game changer with ZOE is the numbers of VS maxes being fielded because it's interesting to try out zoe and play with this new utility, which threatens the insane number of maxes NC usually fields in virtually any situation, levelling the playing field.

Charge is still more than viable, and 100% guarantees you escaping a very bad situation, zoe far from does that. If you get concussed it's game over man.
    • Up x 2
  9. Holomang

And yet ZOE maxes are doing it.
    • Up x 4
  10. Xae

Dear ZoE Whiner:

Step 1: Buy AV Grenade.
    Step 2: Throw AV Grenade.
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Bathe in certs.
    • Up x 4
  11. OldMaster

This is right, but not when you are trying to hit with a rocket launcher. Strafing Zoe Maxes are damn difficult to hit at the momenti! Just the opposite of the TR Max...
  12. Timperium

That's got nothing to do with the balance of ZOE.
    • Up x 2
  13. sindz

Can someone please show me some footage of this? Ever since it was fixed on testserver I haven't seen this. And Id really like too, since people claim it happens
    • Up x 1
  14. DasHenne

For the first time in ages we start seeing an almost equal amount of VS Maxes compared to the numbers that the TR and especially the NC have been fielding all the time.

Get used to it.
    • Up x 1
  15. Timperium

It simply doesn't happen. There's been footage proving this.

People are just getting confused about ZOE MAXs that are strafing at speeds they're not used to.
  16. Izriul

Let me help you to understand how this forum works

Random whiner 1 - Hmm, what can I make up to try and make something look overpowered, after all, I got killed by it so it MUST be overpowered, I know! I'll talk out my *** about ADAD!

Random whiner 2 - OMG?! I totally read in some random whine post from a random whiner baby that max's ADAD exploit, it MUST be true! I have no real evidence though, nor have I seen any, but I'll pretend I have in game. "He's telling the truth! They ADAD exploit!"

Random whiner 3-4-5-6....etc "FORUM SAID SO! MUST BE TRUE! QUICK MAKE AS MANY WHINY BABY THREADS AS POSSIBLE!"

etc etc
    • Up x 12
  17. W0rthy

Mag's are pretty easy to hit with dumbfire, well imo anyways i'm used to using the decimator in a plethora of situations, Including taking down ESF's quite a substantial amount of times. Basically you have to predict a bit when hitting a moving target and that's only fair. You can't expect to complain about things you're trying to kill trying to move when you shoot at them.

However, magriders can't be conc'ed, ZOE maxes can.
  18. ColdCheezePizza

most of the top guns are .75 ads, the zoe has 1.50 strafe i believe, you can circle around scatmaxes while face rocking them all day its ridiculous. Kudochop on twitch was winning 1vs2 against scats with just zoe1, if scatmaxs used to be op what does that make zoe. It needs to have a timer like the HA shield that slowly recharges and maybe a delay like lockdown everytime you activate it.
    • Up x 4
  19. Holomang

Sounds like the VS forum patrol.
    • Up x 1
  20. Zitroxious

i love zoe maxes, when im sitting on my av turret
    • Up x 1