TR on Cobalt - Lack of organization

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kociboss, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Draf

S0LAR15 you may not notice it but NC allways help the faction wich actually own the continent. Not any news here, I stopped counting how many times they cutted us when tying to delete your bonus. They don't have any objectives so they just go take random territories with a massive force in the same place. That's mainly why they fail each alerts when they have 40+% pop.
  2. FinnSimmons

Its called the UTRO. It was started some time back. If it still exists/is active IDK. But some of those outfits that took part in it have gone over to use the same TS server AFAIK.
  3. S0LAR15

They sure did help you yesterday on Esamir, though their efforts were pointless in the end. They don't consciously "help", they just zerg mindlessly in whatever direction they please, this more often than not helps neither of us, and certainly doesn't help them.

I can't remember the last time NC capped a continent. But then again, they've come close so many times in the last few weeks, and I or another Platoon lead has taken the entire outfit over to Esamir or Amerish to stop them at the last minute, even if it meant giving up precious buffer on Indar, or letting the TR win an alert, it was more than worth it to crush those *****. The only time TR will get the full force they got yesterday is if they triple cap, or cap Indar at 5 am.
  4. jbkappirossi

U mad homie? I was indeed hoping for a little more resistence, but al the kids had to go to bed. it's a shame realy.
    I actually hoped you made sure we wouldn't cap it, so we could focus al our forces on NC for once and realy show them how big of a difference there is in skill, because as for yesterday, we capped Esamir easaly of NC with 10% Pop disadantage.

Invitation is still open to join the ultimate faction.
    But damn, that muts have hurt. i mean realy, i can only imagine. :rolleyes:
  5. S0LAR15

We were just gonna decap it. But there was a lot of irritation in the outfit at the TR capping it at 5am the previous day (not the decap though), so the lads couldn't be contained, they went straight for the NC right after the neutralisation, can't say I blame them.

However, I think we had all but decided to let Indar be neutralised before or in the lattice. So we could test the lattice on it, with the continent being neutral, so we could really see how it works out evenlty, not 2v1 all the time.

I'd still be in favour of a neutral Indar, would make the continent more fun and competitive once again.
  6. tastyBerryPunch

Looks like NC needs another competent outfit or 2. They should be a much bigger threat with their high population then they are. I bet their zerg is always cut up on Crossroads watch tower right? Then maybe when the Jesters or Reapers arrive they push up to Peris. They really could use more good public platoons.
    As for the Indar cap. I really hope you OWND guys are planning on capturing Indar when we get continent locks. If we get them...
  7. Draf

I think they planned to lock us all.
  8. S0LAR15

More NC idiocy today on esamir. I am almost back to the point where I think OWND will just make sure they are gated for every alert, and get nothing til their pop shrinks, or they take heed of the many eductional yells we'll force on them at their WG.
  9. Cougarbrit

You capped Indar at 4:30am

I'm sure most of the normal population is generally in bed by 1am, nevermind just the kids.
    • Up x 1
  10. Cougarbrit

Aww man, looks like I missed a fun night there.
    • Up x 1
  11. S0LAR15

Yea, no one minded, it was how TR did it the night before. Though it now seems decapping the lattice is going to be lame as all hell. I think we need to let it go neutral and start again, with a fresh, competitive, non 2v1 Indar.
  12. Cougarbrit

I'd love for it to be neutral, having it capped by either VS or TR just results in Indar being a massive pain in the **** to play on as we try to undo the cap while NC derps about, and the only way to uncap it then is to do so by night, but in the case of TR we generally don't have much of a night pop, as proven on the day of the latest VS cap, and it took us many months to actually bring about a nightpop capable of the cap, though I wasn't there at the time so I don't know the actual pop balances. Like I said that night, I don't think TR would be able to hold an Indar cap, as we only have a handful of organised people who play at night, especially now that the Lattice has made the North WG much less defendable in terms of counterattacks.

Like seriously, I almost have like 1k more VS kills than NC now, from all the fighting Indar VS I've done these last coupla months, it used to be I had more NC kills because of their derpiness. I want to fight more NC, I tire of constant pewpew fire whizzing past my head, I almost miss the sound of Phoenix spam.
  13. Huunterinvitus

Dont agree,when nobody have Indar,at prime time we normal outfits havent idea for comming on Indar because it impossible to capture full continent.
    But when Indar have one of faction we can have meaning for comming to delete it.
  14. Jablon

I can speak only for myself, but I know my outfit-mates share similar sentiment and rest of the NC probably isn't too far away from that: we don't really care about continent caps.
    Indar is Vanu and it will stay Vanu because they're the only faction that can routinely outzerg others at 4:30 am. That used to piss me of, but now I don't give a damn. As of Esamir and Amerish they have both lower pops and change hands at least 5 times a day, so any victory there is very short-lived. Therefore NC is focusing on enjoying the game and searching for biggest battles possible, even at the cost of continent cap or alert. If that means we're losing at the current "PS2 meta" then it's ok, we can live with that.

But enough with the offtop. This is TR thread and since I decided to give my TR alt a lot more love and playtime recently, having experienced major TR outfits both as the enemies and as fellow soldiers, I can give some opinions about them.

If you play as TR on Cobalt and you're looking for an outfit to join this part will be useful to you:
    The only outfit that can consistently get stuff done is CHI. Fun and challenging to battle against them, pleasure to fight along them. Good teamwork and high individual skill. One of the best outfits on the server.

The only other outfit I'd consider joining is JETR. Quite organized, with good ideas but they often hilariously fail at executing them. With some training and better leadership at squad level they can become very formidable outfit.

I also noticed A0TR moving in groups, so I guess there is some teamplay involved, but I personally never saw them doing anything that would require more organization than setting up a waypoint.

And that's about it, rest of the outfits are either plankton (even with high individual skill like XPCT they don't have the numbers for influence anything) or zergfits.
  15. krazyirish93

This is why NC on cobalt are so bad, people like you and the other 4th faction noobs, that dont care about anything just farming at the crown, (that is over now :):)), taking random territory, or joining the faction with the latest new toys.

Sadly i know, like last night on amerish, TR were down to a few territory before they lost the continent, most of them where on esamir capping the continent, but what do the NC do, they go for VS territory, and of course the TR came back after to save it.

16. S0LAR15

Whilst I agree its a game and you play it how you want, for fun, it's your time after all, why not just play BF3 or CoD? The large scale strategy and tactics of PS2 are really quite fun, alongside the large scale battle FPS element, and currently it's obvious only TR and VS know about that. The game becomes so much more intense and mind-blowing when reaslised properly.

Secondly, the biggest, best fights would be found when you actually observed the meta, instead of trying to zerg to the VS Warpgate on Indar or Esamir. The best and biggest fights would be ones where you dont just have 60 - 90% pop sitting around in Mani biolab with virtually no VS there, but you know, actually have something to kill, and the game is a challenge, you don't just cap places by magic, you need to cook up some tactics, you know outsmart another human being(s).

Currently, I've dealt with this stupidity god knows how many times, where even if let the NC have Mani, and dont go near them they are like "lal, lets capture vanu warpgate, lal" and we pull back the A-team and crush them push them away only for them to do it again. These kids aren't having fun being farmed by high BR magriders and scythes, and infantry like me, they dont get many kills, and they dont do anything other than die, respawn, throw themselves towards the point, and get pushed back to northpoint. I haven't met a good NC infantry in my time on Cobalt, and none of the half decent ones play in this stupidity, I'm sure you don't either, since you play for fun.

Whilst i appreciate you get all this, most likely, it is definitely true that the NC (as a whole) on Cobalt do not. VS - TR fights /yell is NC anecdotes, jokes, "this one time at NC-camp...." and NC-lolery, it's getting old.

Cobalt could be so much better if the NC were more knowledgeable about the game and worth some fear, I know many VS and TR and desperately hoping that day comes soon.
  17. Nargot

NC is the "Casual-Faction" on Cobalt, live with it.

Never seen any worthy information in either /orders or /region and most people seem to didnt even know about this superimportant continentcaps you talk about. Personally i prefer to run with our smal outfit-group (~3-6 ppl) than joining one of the bad organized Zergplatoons and i think many of the other small better organized outfits do the same.. sadly you cant really get stuff done in PS2 with groups around 5 guys. We have some really good fights (against double or triple the hex-pop) but in the end we are outnumbered ways too often.

Take a serious morale-problem into account (ppl dont care for events, they have lost too hard and often) and kind of distrust when we talk about the bigger outfits (Reapers, Jesters). I joined their Platoons often and i dont get what they do .. sometimes they manage to split their platoon in a way we get outnumbered (30%-40% vs X%) at 4 different positions.
    And most of the time, when we have a 40%+ pop at a continent, i dont even know where those mysterious soldieres even are ..

And look at the leaderboard, to check out in which factions the 24/7 Gamers play.
  18. Draf

I hope you'll care when you'll get cont locked. Cause at this rate this is not going to be fun for you guys.
  19. Nargot

Uuh, yes because the whole faction´ll get deleted when you are locked at all continents. :D

Some ppl just care more and some less ...
  20. Jablon

I'm sorry, but I don't see any "mind-blowing large scale stratagems" in PS2. Maybe it's just me, so can you provide examples? And I really hope you don't mean things like dropping 5 gals on Scarred Mesa Skydock and putting enough AV turrets and burster maxes to make it invulnerable to anything but 10 gal drops. Because while I won't dispute the effectiveness of maneuvers such as this they are far from blowing my mind.

Other things, like taking The Bulwark and then exploiting 1 hex adjacency to quickly cap Everett Supply Co. near the end of Esamir alerts are a bit more clever, but IMHO it's still only more glorified version of ghost capping.

And yes, I agree NC tends to do stupid stuff like cutting maps diagonally so both VS and TR has no other option but to fight NC to gain any territory, but that happens to every faction. Maybe it happens more often to NC, I don't know, but I have seen plenty of alerts won by Cobalt's Smurfs, so I guess we can't be that bad.

I agree completely. I really do. That's why when I lead a squad (not often tho') I always try to go where my squad can tip the scales, not overwhelm defenders with sheer numbers.
    But you can't say VS don't camp empty facilities with whole zergs because that is simply not true. Every faction does that and even your own outfit does that. I know, because I farmed OWND with UBGL in 95% VS - 5% NC Mani Bio Lab at more than one occasion. And even more at other facilities.

I know that feel bro. The amount of times we had to clear magrider zerg out of Stillwater Watch... so tedious. At first I was thinking that Vanus simply didn't realized that WGs have rotated, but now I pretty convinced that they come there on purpose. I guess their purpose is to die, but it's still annoying as hell. And the fact that Magriders form above have kinda cockroachy shape doesn't help either.

Ok, so explain to me this. Esamir alert, few days ago. The beginning goes like ordinary Esa alert, until last 40 minutes, where Vanu are trying to cap Aruora Materials currently held by NC. You guys threw almost everything you had on the continent at that single base in vain attempt just to cap that sodding place. I assume it wasn't a B team effort, because xand was there. Meanwhile, TR are basically rolling unopposed on the rest of the continent and the alert ends with 18% VS, 18% NC and 64% TR. So, NC was looking for a big fight and we got what we wanted.
    But what did VS got out of it? What was the grand strategy behind that? Because in the end you got the same result as lal-NC, which means, if you care about winning, that you lost terribly to Terrans. I'm asking, because from my perspective it looked like you guys let the NC-bottomhurt get better the of you and thus you suffered (nomen est omen) epic fail.