lockdown of max TR is OP: kill the air game of the other factions.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Navoletti, May 23, 2013.

1. Navoletti

yeah now with this new add of soe they finish of kill the air use of game...

now the only fction with benefit in the use air fight is TR faction with the lockdown and kill the use of air in other factions,is imposible now survive much time with a esf and is reallt imposible survive more of 1 or 2 minutes with a liberator.

now with this new add more the max spam and the power of the burnster op is really bad play in the air...

the game need a balance and a nerf in the new ability of tr.

sorry for my english basic friends.
  2. DonC

The mosquitos are coming.

Hahahahahaha.
  3. Vetto

Yes people let nerf the ONLY THING Lockdown good for.

I'll make you a deal let me be able to move while I have a high RoF instead of having "c4 me" glued to my back as i am stuck in one spot.
    • Up x 3
  4. Holomang

lockdown of max VS is OP: kill the ground game of the other factions.
  5. void666

Nerf lockdown against air and buff against ground. Deal?
    Also no deploy delay just like zoe and aegis shield.
  6. ItsJustDash

The reaver may be the best ESF in hands of a great pilot but a mossie can and will still out perform it in most cases. That combined with the sheer amount of mossie swarms that tend to happen with the new TR lockdown plus their striker... why bother flying in TR air space? I mean really why bother?
    • Up x 2
  7. LonelyTerran

The Hatred of air is a TR only faction trait and I need some more certs.
  8. metalfreak

I dont think that the lockdown is OP, and im VS. Maybe every max ability needs a little adjustment but overall its fine. VS got a good ability to chase/attack, TR got a very good defense/spawncamping-tool with the lockdown, NC got the shield for defense or some rushes with engies.
  9. Navoletti

bump they nerf zoe but this really op ítems called striker and tr lockdown op not is nerfed...

why?now is imposible fly yhe player die in few seconds versus tr players spammers with max and strikers.

nerf lockdown tr max!!!
  10. sindz

Lockdown bursters compared with the air deterrent that the striker holds, means TR have unparalleled air superiority that no other faction can even come close to.

But you will never get TR player to admit this is OP beyond belief.
    • Up x 4
  11. Navoletti

12. TekTR

As soon as VS start admitting ZOE was and still is OP beyond belief. Lockdown kills enemy factions air game, ZOE kills enemy factions infantry game.
    • Up x 2
  13. Jrv

Makes me wish they didn't nerf every OP thing the NC had. You guys still have a bunch of OP stuff, NC has NOTHING anymore.
    • Up x 2
  14. Morticai

It's OP.

There, happy?
  15. TekTR

Nah, you just had an OP scatmax for 6 months.

But I will admit there isn't much reason to play NC atm, but I would like to have a Gauss Saw.
  16. Zombo

Yeah right, saying OTHER stuff is OP helps alot in these regards

If you guys cry out for nerfs of other MAX abilitys don't get suprised if people want your MAX ability nerfed
  17. Myka

Nail on the head etc.

Lockdown is overpowered. The ROF buff, coupled with the velocity buff turns almost every weapon into an insta-hit laser. It's very powerful when used with Bursters, and combined with the Striker, TR now rule the air-game almost completely. No other faction has a chance for air to be useful anymore.

It doesn't end with Bursters though. Lockdown inside Biolabs and other indoor facilities is also OP. 4+ Lockdown MAX on every single entry point means nobody is getting in unless they bring roughly twice the numbers of the defenders. Concussion/Flash/EMP don't work - because even blinded, all they have to do is stay aimed at the doorway and keep firing. Try to poke your head round the corner to get a rocket off, and you're instagibbed.

Between Strikers, Fractures (which STILL haven't been nerfed despite being miles ahead in every measurable statistic) and Lockdown, TR are, and have been for some time - the most overpowered faction. Their massive pop advantage on most servers is the clearest indicator of this, and still SOE do nothing. It's ******* disgusting.
    • Up x 1
  18. Jrv

All this nonsense about wanting the NC6, what a horrible weapon it really is. It will win in ranged fights. That's it.

It's literally THE WORST GUN IN THE GAME for anything under 30 meters.
  19. TekTR

Nerf Lockdown into the ground, I don't know too many people who use it anyway other than farming ESFs. Outside of that it's next to useless. Standing still is one of the fastest ways to die in this game, whether you are in a vehicle, max, or playing general infantry.

Yeah, and for outside of that 30m TR has a ****** version of the NC6, that's why so many want it. I would trade the Carv for a Gauss Saw any day.
  20. sternn58

I'd trade lockdown for ZOE in a heartbeat. If you start campaigning for that then I'm in, otherwise, your just noise.
    • Up x 1