[Suggestion] Stop spam the C4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Séfurie, May 23, 2013.

1. Caydn

Clearly you are a vanu plant as us poor nc use c4 to destroy their magrider no true nc would wish to do what you suggest.
  2. Sifer2

C4 is fairly well balanced. It takes a decent amount of time to throw it, and detonate it. And if your killed it disappears so 100 infantry resources in vain. That's a MAX suit worth. And it takes two blocks to kill all vehicles. Sunderer with blockade armor takes more.

The only thing I think that is a bit overpowered is the ability to attach it to vehicles like a Harasser. Then drive the Harasser up to the target, and detonate. That's an almost impossible to counter tactic that can easily destroy any Sunderer. Can use a cloaked Flash too.
  3. GSZenith

i went on a c4-is-my-main-weapon before as LA, 1hour none stop c4 rambo, still had 10+c4. :/
    and i do mean spam, spawn LA rush out of bio room, run for 30s, c4 maxs, tap the medics with blackjack in the back of their head, die to random br1 engi, repsawn, repeat.

maybe just force it to arm and remove the stupid throwing of c4. (and LA should have it removed totally but another topic)
  4. DoubleTake

Because between tanks, MAXes, snipers, AV Infantry, aircraft, Harassers and invisible rockets, taking care of my prized blackberry petunias is really eating up most of my time. But seriously, you always try to place your Sunderer next to high cover to avoid getting blown away by base turrets or distant tanks, so there's almost always a high place for an LA to just hop up to and blow the thing away. If someone gave me a Sunderer, told me to only expect one guy on an ATV to try to blow the thing, sure, it wouldn't be hard to stop him. But I'm generally doing something when he shows up, like repairing said Sunderer after the last attempt - his last attempt - to destroy it. If he fails his attack, he can try again instantly. It's not like grabbing C4 gives you a 12 minute timer until you can grab another. Be it the first try or the twenty-first, at some point he's going to sneak past my watchful eyes while I'm trying not to get sniped or hotswapping to a MAX to get rid of the ESF.

Same deal with MBTs, they're usually trying to do something when some dude just slaps C4 on them and insta-splodes them. We're not standing a football field apart, haplessly watching a man in a failed Noid-lookalike costume with a Supersoaker toss over-worn Super Nintendo controllers on our over-turned refridgerator on wheels.

Also, I only have one Sunderer for the entire battle mainly because spawning a Sunderer, driving it and finally fitting it into place is the third least amount of fun you can have in Planetside. Closely in second place is guarding said Sunderer and in the first place is watching it spontaneously explode because a cartoon-voiced woman with cargo pants jumped from roof to roof and tossed recalled Lego bricks from a place you wouldn't be able to hit her even if you knew she was there. Said jetpacking pre-pubal shrieker managed to destroy my mobile weaponized uterus faster than a moon-to-planet collision guided by Batman could. Somewhere at the end of the line - this line with AP-shelled tanks and plasma cannons, mind you - stands a dude with a pair of over-sized ant traps capable of destroying vehicles in a heartbeat while watching funny cat video on his other monitor.
    • Up x 1
  5. BigDaddyBruce

Every time I get killed by C4, whether in a vehicle or a MAX, I sigh and mentally kick myself because I know it was MY OWN FAULT for not being aware enough, overextending myself, getting too close to a building, or being careless in some other way. Every time.
    • Up x 2
  6. Armchair

If an LA is instagibbing your sundy then you're doing something wrong because they don't have enough firepower to knock out a blockade sundy that fast.

If an engineer is instagibbing your sundy then you're doing something wrong because the least combat capable class with no mobility enhancements has managed to circumvent your defenses (probably because there weren't any) and stay in close proximity to the sundy for an extended period of time.
  7. Simo

Here we go. I swear it's not that people get killed by C4 that they hate. It's the fact that they "thought" everything was fine. Then BAM! Dead. The problem here is that you thought you were ok. The problem is not the C4. Getting C4-ed is akin to getting knifed while looking down your scope. It happens. But it's never the knife's fault. C4 is fine the way it is.

If you make C4 300 points make Tanks all 750. Ridiculous.
  8. theholeyone

All of which speaks volumes more about your playstyle than any need for a nerf. You cry that armor shouldn't have to deal with enemy armor, base turrest as well as infantry, while asserting that infantry should have to deal with all the above threats, and have their options in dealing with some of them severely cut back. Does this not seem like a double standard?

All of those situation can be overcome with a variety of tactics. Either guard the sunderer, or attack in such a way that the attackers are more than likely to come across any LAs with C4 along the way, or keep the sunderer moving.

Stop being such a nub and stop parking undefended sunderers in vulnerable spots and your problem will go away. Don't expect the devs to remove threats which improve the tactical gameplay just because you lack the tactical ability to soft counter them.
  9. HellasVagabond

Like i said in another thread there should be a counter for everything Without having to roll in a squad with AA/AV/MBTs/ESFs. Right now even if you have a gunner you can't always monitor 360 degrees around you, not in PS2.

Again the same. Why should a 2 men MBT need Extra support against an SINGLE LA ?

True, but HA rockets don't kill an MBT in 1 second and you can counter them with many things including shields. Nothing works against C4.

Between the time someone drops C4 and clicks the button we are talking about 1,2s so explain to me how you can kill him when over your vehicle and using jump jets ?
    Oh and simple grenades cost roughly the same, you don't see them kill everything on sight.
    • Up x 1
  10. Winfield

C4 is fine as it is.
  11. Chiss

I think C4 should be removed for all classes except LA, and they should be able to Cert up to 3.
    • Up x 1
  12. theholeyone

They don't, if all you are going for is a single LA you would be moving with the gunner doing full sweeps in search of them.

The situation you seem to be referring to is when you get distracted by other troops, or are just blatantly and skill-lessly farming, then an LA gets the better of you and ends the harvest. In which case the question becomes, why should an MBT not need extra support to continue gunning down squads of infantry who don't have vehicles in support?
  13. FigM

I rarely have problem with C4, cause I don't try to approach infantry to point blank. And I noticed that even if there's some LA in the air, clearly trying to drop come C4, I just keep moving and he can't catch up.

It's nothing compared to the problem of AV turret and missile spam. They spam missiles from very long range I can't even do anything
  14. DoubleTake

I didn't say anything at all about armor dealing with armor and the only thing I said about turrets is that Sunderers always try to park under high cover to avoid them. Are you sure you're in the right thread? Also, infantry should deal with all of those threats. Why do you think they invented tanks and aircraft in the first place? If taking away C4 is a 'severe cutback' to infantry AV, that's pretty much confirming how powerful C4 is. You're also asserting that every other element in the game cannot be changed, like rocket launcher damage. If infantry AV needs to be buffed after removing C4, then they can do that. The relations between infantry and AV doesn't have to change, only the I-got-close-so-I-win aspect of it.

Those are your 'tactics'? Have you tried guarding a Sunderer for an entire battle? It involves standing around doing nothing for the long stretches of time, which is wrong in any game, not matter what. And how do you place a Sunderer so that the spawners move in all directions? A guy with a jetpack has a ton of options, many of which cannot be accessed by people without jetpacks.

And congratulations for outing yourself as someone who cannot discuss without resorting to name-calling simply because you don't have anything but baseless assumptions (If C4 disappears, infantry AV will suck!), misplaced arguments and ad hominems. Don't bother replying to this, I won't read anything from someone who cannot refrain from resorting to insults. I wouldn't have bothered replying to you if I didn't think there was a small shred of a chance that you might learn something from it.
  15. Bunku

Im fine with the normal usage of C4. If someone gets blown out when cruising between buildings etc. its their fault and thats true.

But when I kill harasser / vanguard etc. closeby, their gunner or something hops out at 10% hp and comes and tries to put c4 on me, derp.

Secondly, that abuse of instant action / squad deploy. Getting sneaky attacks on you with their ****** bricks. "yeah keep them eyes open right" Dudes falling to your roof from the sky, just after you checked your surroundings for infantry. Funniest was the part when one mags gunner used squad deploy and landed on my tank when i was fighting their mag and blew me with c4. Not abuse? Ok

But well done that myself few times and gotta say as fun as it is, its focken lame.
  16. Hoki

OP stop spamming bullets.

And posts.

And breathing.
    • Up x 1
  17. HellasVagabond

We are not playing bubble bubble, PS2 has large battlefields so yes naturally i will be gunning down everything from enemy MBTs to ESFs and naturally infantry. And since my secondary is AA (for when they get directly above) i can't expect my gunner to sweep 360 degrees all the time because a single LA or an inflitrator who was LA and is abusing a game mechanism which shouldn't exist may have gone around us in the midst of battle. IF SOE however could make just SHIELDS work against C4 i wouldn't have a problem with that. But as things are Shields are worthless for some unknown reason to me.

When i have 2-3-4 HA firing rockets and missiles at me i can accept getting destroyed if i am stupid since i am in their line of fire for long or nowhere to take cover behind mainly because it's a joint effort and not something a single person did. The same does not apply for C4 however.
  18. applepienation

How do you stop him? You shoot him. And if you can see him flying at you, shoot him before he drops the C4. Situational awareness.

And C4 doesn't kill everything on sight. It really doesn't have a large blast radius, only really high damage.
  19. HellasVagabond

If he is over my vehicle with his jump jets by the time i get out of the vehicle, aim, shoot and kill him he will have already droped his C4 bricks and detonate them......So it's not really a solution.

As for blast radius i've seen ATVs explode 4-5m away from MBTs and guess what, MBTs Still get blown up.
  20. Zar

lol what you mean is sprint out of a spawn room fly up to a roof drop a c4 like a 4 year old drops a toy blow it up... profit. i don't mind c4 but saying it takes any level of skill to bum rush people and suicide bomb is just wrong lol.