[Suggestion] Can we please get ARs now?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Kuriby, May 22, 2013.

1. Zamanoy

Bring back the inventory system, allow freedom.
  2. redshirt

It could work but you would need to sacrifice something for it jell I think. Ability to take an assault rifle if you cert/slot an option taking up your suit slot for example. So no extra nades, no nano weave but you get an assault rifle.
  3. simmi1717

Because they suck and don't want to look up around more angles than they have to. They just want to stay still and look at a door for someone to come and shoot them
  4. simmi1717

The videos only show the LA ripping everyone apart. They don't show how many deaths it took to get to a position where they could do that. That's the playstyle of LA and therefore their videos will always look better than a HA. Trust me HA gets you more kills and better score every time. I barely play HA and whenever I do, I score much better than my LA. Why? because they can take out air, tanks, and infantry with ease and have better guns for all those tasks. LA can take out vehicles at the cost of suicides and ridiculously exposing yourself in zerg type scenerios.
    • Up x 2
  5. Suiradezza

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ZOSWNaanFqSUVxLWc&f=true&noheader=false&gid=2

Looks to me like it'll just be a minor upgrade that'll make carbines obsolete because of the similarity. If you want long-range engagement, shouldn't you argue for Battle Rifles instead?

I did see someone call out for a weapon in the tool slot. I'm all for that, and we should really be making threads about that and lobbying for the removal of the dual wield they want to feature than AR's.
  6. Kronic

People don't want a fair fight though, they want LAs nerfed even though HAs get better SPM and KD. The sudden outburst when of people supporting the JJ sound nerf is a good example. People are just too damn lazy to look up and so in their mind, they ask for the easy way out which is to nerf.

We are an anti infantry class and that's it. We have no teamwork tools, we exist only to kill stuff. Oh and we make pretty good sunderer hunters depending on the competence of the guys defending it. So to me it makes perfect sense to give the class that has one defined role, the best means to carry out that role and in my opinion, ARs are than answer because of their versatility.

Yeah JJs do give you a combat advantage, they basically allow you start any engagement to your favour and if an engagement isn't in your favour, you take cover and find a perch that is. However, Carbines are just bad versions of ARs, I'd be willing to keep them if this wasn't the case but I'm sure SOE are going to be boring and keep them as crap as they are as they follow DICE when it comes to weapons balancing, completely unimaginative.
  7. biterwylie

I have no problem with LA class getting AR's. The Jump Jet noise was a significant nerf to the LA class as they are no longer able to move about and surprise you.

This is shown very well at the crown where LA used to be a pain in the ****. However since the JJ pack noise was added they are easy to detect and eliminate. In fact since the JJ noise was added they are used much less anyway.

LA needs some serious love because at the moment everyone plays HA, simply because it does everything better than LA.

The only advantage LA had was surprise, with that gone they are just watered down soliders.

Having said all that, I would not bother spending certs on one, as they are not a big enough upgrade to a carbine.
  8. agrueeatedu

wouldn't make sense from a logistics standpoint, nor would it be balanced. I'd say we just give carbines a slight range buff instead.
  9. MarlboroMan-E

I'd much rather have the BR. Can you imagine bailing, landing in top of a tower ... with a BR? Orgasmic.
  10. Mythicrose12

Not that I want ARs, they do offer higher damage at longer range than carbines. I'd see them less useful in "urban" environments, but I do see the potential when fighting in between places (snow dunes between Esamir facilities, various canyons/fields of Indar and Amerish) versus simply switching to a HA, Infiltrator, or Medic for those places. Slug gun and Pulsar C works for me, though.
  11. CanadianAttackBeaver

What I'd like to see is a reason to choose between AR's and carbines for Medics, Light Assault and Engineers.

Perhaps an ADS speed buff (relative to AR's) to all carbines and a slighter faster run/slight speed. AR would slow run speed and increase jump jet energy consumption more quickly. I'm not sure if the Devs could balance something like this effectively, but this is my thoughts on it. That said, I'd love a Reaper on my Enginer and LA!
    • Up x 1
  12. Wolfwood82

Extend our range and expand our choice of play styles to more then CQC-medium ranges.
  13. Corezer

I've already suggested some pretty cool (at least IMO) changes to LA, as far as weaponry goes just give carbines 75% ADS speed and ARs 50%.

There is a reason why Lynx/Jag are the most prevalent carbines for TR, and why the Hydra, GR22, and Carnage are the most prevalent ARs for NC and VS. ADS speed is a HUGE advantage that needs to be addressed on a class basis instead of just being thrown on random weapons to make them BIS gear
  14. Suiradezza

I'd rather have the versatility of two primaries. Imagine bailing, landing on a tower, murdering everyone there with a shotgun and then shooting at stuff beneath it with a long-range carbine? Then jumping down to a cap point and clearing it out with a combination of long-range through windows and doorways followed by a smoke/flash rush and a shotgun to the face?

Of course it's not likely to happen, but it's a nice thought.
  15. Flaimbot

yesterday i tried medic for the first time and i have to admit that AR's are ridiculous compared to carbines...
    way easier to control, the dmg felt way higher (probably because of landing more shots^^) and all the enemies started to drop like a skrillex song. after switching back to LA i felt like i just lost an arm.
  16. CanadianAttackBeaver

I totally agree with this. I would even like to see this extended further beyond the ADS speed; perhaps sprint and movement speed buffs to carbine users, as well as slower jump jet consumption.
  17. Swagmonaut

Light Assult has quickly become my favorite class these past couple months. I have to say though, I just don't see assult rifles being that much more useful than a carbine would in situations where LA shines. LAs are meant to be pretty close range which is where surprise attacks are most effective due to more shots landing in the span of time it takes for the attacked to react.That doesn't mean LAs are solely CQC, it's more CQC-medium ranges. In this range is where carbines shine thanks to their fast reloads and tight COFs. So I don't think ARs would be that helpful to LAs as a class. I'm quite happy with my jag and wouldn't trade it for anything.
  18. CanadianAttackBeaver

Hogwash.

Most western militaries issue carbine style weapons as their general infantry weapon. Look at the M4; the full length M16 has begun to be phased out as of 2010. Designated marksmen are issued longer barreled weapons or a battle rifle.

Vehicle operators are usually issues SMG sized weapons.
  19. Van Dax

Assault rifles have been phased out as combat is more often decided in indoor engagements, something that longer barreled assault rifles are ill-suited for.
  20. CanadianAttackBeaver

More hogwash.

Assault rifles have been phased out because the reduced weight carbines have, and at the distance most infantry engagments exist at, the reduced rotational velocity produced by a slightly shorter barrel isn't material.