SOE has effectively created a new sub class with ZOE

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cowabunga, May 22, 2013.

1. Cowabunga

The easy fix would make the ability a 1 use only with a 2 minute cool down. This wouldn't prevent ZOE MAXs to crash a biolab with ZOE and it will remove the hybrid class that it is now. Win/win.
  2. OldMaster80

A nanite pool that is depleted when the skill is active would be more than fine. Zero nanite = skill toggled off.
  3. Tamas

VS players desperately trying to prove that ZOE is balanced.

Hilarious.

Yes, I do farm exp with ZOE - I play the trololol song when I'm doing it.
  4. Hagestol

One lightning heat round to the face and a VS max is dead. BAM. BAM!
  5. laovniux

The OP of this thread probably never played anything other then TR :D You are just whining believe me. If we would whine it would be about how it is IMPOSSIBLE to fly in TR airspace completely LOCKING down ALL the air with the new max ability and the strikers. Yes I feel that the NC got the short end of the stick this time with a completely situational max ability but the TR? There whining about our max ability? Seriously go play against yourself. You will see that the TR is the most loved side by the devs.
    • Up x 1
  6. Armanegra

ZOE is ok; LTP!
  7. metalfreak

+ 1
  8. Lyel

Lol, how about you guys fight against it before you go into lockdown mode and defend this broken piece of OP?
  9. The King

Many already have.
    They die easily...

Just because you like Hello Kitty doesn't mean you cannot be rough with it.
    These Hello Kitty MAXes are weak. They're faster, but weak.
  10. MnemeM

Making ZOE a 2 minute cooldown ability would render it completely useless, it would then just be a worse version of charge.

But then, I think all of the Max abilities should be tweaked:

ZOE - movement should be tweaked slightly downwards. Right now it's a bit too much. And another problem is really that ZOE is the most fun of the Max abilities, mostly because it makes the max so versatile.

Aegis - Seems like the worst of them. I'd say that NC maxes should be allowed to fire with the arm not holding the shield. IE on hacksaw, one shield. Would probably be very annoying at choke-points but still viable.

Lockdown - Make the TR max able to actually move (albeit very slowly) with it enabled. Keep a generel 180 degree movment arc but make them able to actually turn 360. But again, slowly when you exceed the 180 limit. You could still flank them but they wouldn't be worthless.
  11. phreec

It's ridiculous how it can just be toggled on/off. Any VS worth its salt will just toggle it off the second they're getting shot at unless they know they can escape the fire with their speed boost.

It has no downsides
  12. MnemeM

So can all the new max abilities. It's ridiculous.

And yes you can toggle it off but this really doesn't matter as much as people make it out to.
  13. Lyel

*facepalm* That means you fought an idiot.

The ZOE makes it run faster than Infantry. It can take cover too quickly for a MAX. You musta shot a MAX while 4 people behind you were shooting the same MAX. Don't count that as a balance, the same amount of people can take down a Harraser in seconds.

A ZOE Max can camp a point better than a lockdown MAX, it can avoid fire, have engineers constantly backing it up, all while it can gun down infantry. It can mash ADADAD avoiding fire.
  14. MnemeM

No. It does not run faster than infantry. It strafes and walks faster than infantry though it seems. And this they really should fix. ^^
  15. Lyel

Oh my GOD, people, USE SOME LOGIC-

Lockdown- You lose mobility for fire rate and damage

ZOE- You lose Armor for mobility, fire rate, and damage

In a game where people can make 180 degree turns in .0005 seconds (while holding shift), what do you want?

The Vanu here are blindly defending, NOTHING we say will graze them. Just release videos if you took them.
  16. Hagestol

Slower than infantry.

Oneshottable.

Cannot ADAD exploit, just strafe.

Get your facts straight mate.
    • Up x 1
  17. MnemeM

Please, just release your own videos if it's so important to you?
  18. Doctor?

I honestly can't believe this discussion is still going on. I tore apart any argument the detractors had on PAGE 1!

And what do they do? Ignore and act like the solid reasoning I presented never existed.

You people are bloody pathetic.
  19. AdennTM

When we are talking about balance for the ZOE Vanu MAX ability why must you feel the need of bringing in things completely un-related?

That aside, TR can't one shot ESFs, Fractures and Ravens also need balancing (no one ever said they didn't), NC max shield is fine since they can't shoot while having it active.
  20. AdennTM

That nerf is completely insane mate, jut make them have an animation like NC and TR.

Or hell, make the ZOE ability similar to the HA's type of shields with the small circle thing on the side.