SOE has effectively created a new sub class with ZOE

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cowabunga, May 22, 2013.

1. Keyframe

Not surprised to see terrible TR players complain about ZOE. Seems they can't hit anything that is moving unless they can lock on to it. I guess it is a side effect of playing on the faction with the most no skill weapons.
    • Up x 2
  2. Fumblewatt

Ah, TR from Miller, could you wait atleast 23 hours before crying for nerfs..
    striker and fractures.. ? vulcan on a harasser? and for god sake do not learn to use lockdown!
    • Up x 3
  3. Hitback

Right.. and the fact that ZOE maxes take massively increased amounts of damage doesn't matter. Way to gloss over that point bud.

Your posts sounds like whinefests rather than well thought out posts.
  4. Drealgrin

the bawing is palpable.
    Vanu maxes become useable and the tears start streaming.

Would you terrible terran calm down if the devs gave you an anti-max lockon missile? seeing that you apparently can't hit a moving target.
    • Up x 1
  5. Cyridius

ZOE is overpowered as ****.

It has zero downsides. Mobility = Survivability in this game. That's why shielded NC MAX suits are terrible and why Lockdown MAX suits are only good against things that aren't shooting back.

ZOE is too fast, it can do ADAD warping while it's been hit by a blood Conc grenade. It instant kills you, and it's impossible to hit it.

ZOE is worse than NC MAX suits ever were.
  6. TallPaul_S

100% agreed.

There'll be a (yet another) VS player along in a second to say you're completely wrong and it's actually **** and underpowered... :rolleyes:

Playing today has been nothing but annoying as ****. Nothing but ADAD spamming warping purple glowing maxes which are impossible to kill. Pretty pissed off with the game/SOE today.
    • Up x 3
  7. Fumblewatt

GU10:
    Added a new lock-on weapon for TR to lock on to VS max and shoot around the aegis shielded max.(true MLG right there)

ADAD warping has already been proven to be false on the max.
    There are downsides to ZoE, but dont bother checking stuff up.
    As for wild assumptions here is mine:
    lackdown maxxxxes flai around all ovah da map plz nerf all benefats to et plxplxplx
  8. MichaelONeal

Yes
    • Up x 1
  9. OldMaster80

I've been playing on test server and I must say you're right. The fact the ability can be toggled on and off makes no sense.
    This has been discussed on test server forum at least 1 week ago, but devs did not change it before it's final introduction.

I assume we will have to get used to the idea that now VS got the better Max Unit.
  10. AdennTM

aside from the problems I pointed out earlier, I also believe the vs have psychological "advantage".

By this I mean that vanu in general feel like they finally have a good competitive ability without being OP(which they are). This has caused many more vanu to switch to ZOE and thus created ZOE max hordes which make the other factions feel it is more op then it truly is. How I would balance it is by giving the vanu a second or two second long animation when they activate and deactivate it.
  11. Odin

Lol at the vs comparing max sprint with Zoe speed, yeah one is on a 40 second cooldown haha clueless, ohh and 20 % more damage is completely negated by moving so much faster than other maxes, so your taking less damage even with the 20% because the ease of retreat and ease of getting out of trouble.
    Ohh and you negate the 20% damage by simply turning the ability off if you want at any time.
    You vs make me laugh you really do.
  12. metalfreak

Read my post, i just told that VS-max ability is not OP..not that the other ones are OP.

Defending a corner with a TR lockdown, healed from engineers..guess what.
  13. Vixxing

Yes and nerf TR and NC main tank guns so they cant one shot kill ESF with sniper velocity/drop, and make their fractures and ravens kill infantery with 10 hits instead of 2 and 4 (since they are AV weapons and it takes Vortex 10 hits) And also make the NC max shield not work in-doors since you cant use vehicles to take them out there and NC scattermaxxes is already a big pain in the *** in bio-labs even without shields... (and for gods sake fix the striker already)
  14. Garolish

ZOE Maxes are totally op and outshine HA in every way? You guys apparently never heard of the ultimate hard counter for MAXes: Concussion grenades.

The amount of whining and crying is ridiculous, just like the Harasser on day 1.
    The reason why people got shot by MAXes left and right (on all factions) right now is because there are shiny new tools to toy around with. Everybody and his dog is pulling a MAX right now.

Give it time, a week or so. Then come back and complain that MAXes dominate everything, but please don't jump the gun. We don't wanna relive the whole Lancer debacle, where all the whining lead into a nerf before release, only to be buffed again later on.
  15. Keyframe

Man the TR tears taste so good.

"ZOE maxes are IMPOSSIBLE to hit" **** I guess all those people who had no trouble killing the ZOE maxes today were all cheating! It is beyond hilarious TR cries about this when they are the faction with the most overpowered MAX. Does fracture maxes ring a bell?
  16. Holomang

ZOE makes needs an energy bar, theres no valid reason for it not to have one.
  17. metalfreak

And TR got the highest population (Miller), and they keep to cry about everything xD
  18. Astealoth

NC shield made a new hybrid class:

a mix between 2 shotgunners and a brick wall
  19. Cyridius

Proven false by somebody who doesn't know how to ADAD warp.
  20. Sardaukar

It is okay. I found out the problem here.
    You need to fight the urge to type words and shoot the ZOE MAX. Shoot it while aiming.
    • Up x 1