ZOE Isn't Gamebreaking, It's UP.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Timperium, May 22, 2013.

1. XDDante

and again my problem is no completely on the damage the PROBLEM THE TOGGLEABLE ABILITY!!!damage and speed only makes is worst!!!
  2. Zapon

well, ,VS have started posting videos on the forums that it's not OP.

now, if you mean top speed, it's not OP- it's almost as fast as our VS Heavy Assault in a full sprint with no shields active

if you mean side to side- you're in luck, someone went through the trouble of video proof to debunk that right here https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...the-truth-about-the-adad.127968/#post-1759568

Tell me what you'd like, and i will go about getting video to show you what it's actually like. What is it going to take to prove otherwise?
  3. Zapon

damage - one less at the strongest it gets

Speed- less than a infantry man.

Toggleability- same as other factions, on and off at will, plus a stock max can activate it and use their dash FAR faster than our MAX can

plus the WEAKNESS infantry weapons do twice as much damage to us when ZOE is on(20% penalty on 80% armor against small arms fire

Plus the incidental weakness that the one extra bullet damage is 100% negated by TR ad NC who have equipped full nanoweave armor, as full LVL 5 nanoweave makes you take one more bullet, cancelling out our max ability 100%, while the other maxes cannot be countered with certs.

So..if you equip nanoweave and max it, you're no easier to kill, while we're slower than we are in any other class, and go down easier than a Non-ZOE max

So we just toggled on our doom, unless we happen to have you in a one on one where you have no buddies, or are headshotting you, as far as fights go.
  4. Sifer2

I'm getting flashbacks of launch PS2 here. Where on the forums VS say the Magrider is fine. Then you go in game, and 90% of the vanu population is in a Magrider. Same deal now. Almost all VS are currently MAX's using ZOE lol.
    • Up x 4
  5. Zapon

- hopefully it raises our pop from what it is now (hitting 16% and the like)

and it's the first thing we've had in a while that's somewhat fun to use. I'll be using it when i log on for that same reason. After all, i left the game because it wasn't that enjoyable- things like this(well , the speed, anyway) start to solve that

I still think it needs a buff though in speed because of the current speed of charger maxes exceeding ZOE maxes by a bit
    • Up x 1
  6. llPendragon

A ZOE MAX not only increases it's TTK, but also reduces the enemies TTK by avoiding return fire. Don't forget to add in the ease of aiming VS weapons and the Blueshift's accuracy.
    You end up with a MAX that can stay out of range of any NC AI MAX and can flank any locked down TR MAX, all while getting more headshots than they could hope for if you stood still 10m away.
    Yep, sounds like we need to nerf the NC MAX again.
  7. XDDante

yeah it my guess because not even the description states accurately how much is damage increased with each level and it's a fact that ZOE makes Max do more damage if not vs would be crying that ZOE doesn't do enough damage,you get it???
  8. Zapon

It's still slower than a infantryman though, and i'd think that moving slower than standard infantry means we get hit quite a bit. So the reductino in TTK isn't going to be anything serious with the speed nerfed from what it was on the test server

the fixed blueshift is accurate again? Well, that's good to head.
    Ease of aiming weapons... ..i thought all MAX weapons are good under 50 m or so, with exception of shotguns of the NC beign effect at about 20 up to 25 m.(slugs)

i dont think it'd be that easy to get headshots.
  9. Cyridius

• Up x 1
  10. ChaosReaperr

Why on earth would there be a large amount of people trying out the class that just got a new update... that must signify something broken, nothing else can make sense.
    • Up x 1
  11. llPendragon

Against an NC MAX, the ZOE only has to make them miss one or two shots. Then they get 3 full seconds to kill them while they reload.

The Blueshift is the most accurate AI MAX weapon, doesn't have bullet drop, and has the highest bullet velocity. No other MAX AI gun comes close to it's ability to get headshots.
  12. Clutchstep

You're right, you stay at 7 shots to kill which means same TTK. But anyone else shooting at that guy with an AI weapon, other than shotgun users, have their TTK go up by one bullet. So you're still getting a buff relative to most people.
  13. Sifer2

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that it's so good everyone is using it all the time. They just added Lockdown/Shield for the other MAX's too but you don't see those abilities being spammed everywhere. The comedy really is that SOE didn't see it coming. I mean Infantry move fast but die quickly, and must stand still an use Ironsights to fire accurately. ZOE MAX can fire accurately while strafing around at full speed, and is still more durable than a HA. It's become the games strongest Infantry class. And that's why every Vanu is playing one. Make sense?
    • Up x 1
  14. Myka

Best you go to the effort of making your own video showing ZOE 'adad' strafing then.

The cognitive dissonance you suffer from must be impairing your reasoning. What is 'adad strafing' beyond taping A & D really fast, or with a macro? The idea that tapping A & D is different when VS do it is ludicrous beyond compare.
  15. Cyridius

You don't know what ADAD strafing is. How cute.
  16. Myka

It's brand new today, of course lots of people are using it. I've seen plenty of Lockdown & Aegis shield MAXes tonight.
  17. Xasapis

The least populated faction in the game the past 5 months called easy mode ... where is a facepalm photo when you need one?

After all the weak sauce abilities we've been served, I'm surprised there are any Vanu players for you to shoot at.
  18. NoctD

Population does not indicate faction balance... yeah, where's that faceplam photo?

But this stupid crying by Vanu has got to stop. Look what happened to the Saron? Stop playing stupid forumside and play the game itself. The Saron is a prime example of what happens when people ask for changes, and then suddenly you get change, and its totally not what anyone wanted.

All those stupid people obsessing about the Vulcan, a weapon that's really never been a major source of kills... now you get the Vulcanified Saron, and its a totally stupid thing. Having a Halberd+ is not a bad thing, but you people had to cry about it and wanted it to be different... see what all that stupid whining got us with the Saron?
  19. Lucidius134

Great. If i wanted to move fast and do more damage i'de spawn as HA which is 200% more viable already anyways.

#videogamesssss
  20. Xasapis

I doubt they'll change the ability overnight, even if the complains were justified. My guess is that they'll leave it for at least a week and collect data on how it performs. Then they might change it.

Balance wise though, this is a tough nut to crack. ZOE is useless without the movement buff, so if they mess or remove that, they might as well remove the ability.

Tbh, I want to see lattice on the rest of the continents.