Hating the end animation on the Phoenix

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rue, May 22, 2013.

1. Rue

Bleh. Please put it back to how it was. It's horrible.
    • Up x 5
  2. Angry Scientist

Indeed. Someone else mentioned it in another thread. It eats a critical second or two off the end of the detonation. You can exit out but you really, really shouldn't have to.
  3. bodmans

whats with it then?
    could you make a vid?

or to make a comparison, is it worse than the scythe's tactical screen ink?
  4. RF404

This isn't an exact video, but if you die or when the rocket exlpodes you will see this for a second or two:

[IMG]
  5. BadLlama

Ugh, that sucks.
  6. Crimson

Its like two seconds you are stuck looking at that screen, which more often than not is the difference between life and death
  7. LordMondando

Don't think it should exist for a successful hit.
  8. Knarfis

Yeah not a fan at all of the "white noise static" screen when the Phoenix rocket hits its target. Wow you are even more of a sitting duck at this point. Its uncomfortable. But at the same token it is real as the rocket is a TV camera.

Honestly we should have the chance to hit our "aim" button once this screen pops up to start the reloading process like it is with all the other rocket launchers.

Knarfis
  9. x2pixel

I absolutely hate it. It kills immersion completely.

More importantly though, it is giving me a headache/making me feel nauseous.

I used it tonight on Amerish, it was night time, firing it five times in a row against a massive tnk zerg attack. The transition from night time to a BLOODY BRIGHT FLICKERING SCREEN really made me feel a bit sick.

not a happy bunny. :-(
  10. NinjaTurtle

Yes it sucks, remove it SOE
  11. Nobalification

´´CIRCLE´´ maybe :D
  12. Purg

Just tried it. It's maybe half a second, certainly not going to stop me from using it. Would have made more sense if the static filled only the weapon's sights and not the whole screen though. That I don't get.
  13. StB2000

It stopped me.
  14. bodmans

this for 2 sec after each shot not exited before impact..., that sucks. they should decrease it to 0.5 sec though