ZOE Max ability is gamebreaking

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mastachief, May 22, 2013.

1. Xasapis

I didn't see any population change on Miller so far. In fact, fracture maxes eat zoe maxes alive, with ease.

Also to the guys above wanting to remove the mobility of the ability, what's the point of the ability if you do that? Probably the question the developers had to face and thus they nerfed the mobility from what it was on test server, but still left some of it for live.
  2. jiggu

It's funny how half the people are screaming over how powerful the shield is, the other half is saying it's ****, decide already.
    • Up x 1
  3. Yoruno

Not my vid, but...

This was level 1. If im not mistaken every upgrade after that is purely damage buff. If this is actually the case then zoey get all the firepower and survivability needed from the get-go..
    Yaah there's the armor debuff but you cant kill what you cant hit, and that's where the speed comes in.
    Also there's no cooldown, no lag time or no cost for activating zoey, is there a reason not to keep it on fulltime even just for the mobility?
    • Up x 1
  4. Macchus

Im sure the NC maxes will get fire and forget AA missiles eventually .

And the VS will get one that only maintains lock while you have enemy targeted .

as it was in planetside so shall it be now and forever in planetside 2 .

ES Max AA is coming ....
  5. GSZenith

not yet it will come!
    (hmph since i'm vs now i need to change personality again and start with hate striker/fracutre threads instead of ESF hate. oh well was fun, brb thinking of topic about tr)
  6. Macchus

Also you VS get your funked up , disco ball ability because SOE decided To give everyone the option of LA ...

whether its op now or not its still unimaginative ,

LA is screwing your max VS.
  7. NewSith

It's simple. 1vsFew it's pure OP. Dual-Scatters + Riot Shield is a very nasty combination. You get in close - you kill everyone.
    But in a big fight, the Shield only makes you a moving target, and you simply cannot get close enough to kill everybody.

The ability like that would be better if it was "Over Time" ability instead of active one. This would allow to go under heavy fire, but would not let you flip in and out of the shield during close-range combat.
  8. Xasapis

Yes, they nerfed for live and you get only one rank of mobility now along with momentum as your video shows.

There is a good reason, you die as fast as a heavy with shield if you don't deactivate it while taking fire. Not to mention that by foregoing dash, you lose any ability to disengage and retreat.
  9. PieBringer

Some might say they were a bit... Overzealous in the numbers.
    • Up x 2
  10. Zeke342

Okay.. so..

The NC now knows what it feels like to get face ***** as an infantry at close range. Sucks doesn't it?
  11. XDDante

just make ZOE not toggleable,simple as that give like 20 seconds activation time first level,then 30,40,50 and finally 70 in the last level,seriously even if they receive more damage but a ZOE user do twice the damage to you that means you are dead even before making 1/4 of damage and then they turn it off get repaired and the cycle beggins again...
  12. The King

The ability is far from overpowered.
    It just makes you move like a soldier..

If you cannot hit it, you probably couldn't ever hit a normal soldier before.
    Sorry, but I used a TR guy and killed a few ZOE VS MAXes with ease....

What I see ZOE maxes kill are MAXes who do not move. People who do not move.. just staying still, or moving one direction doing nothing. And any MAX kills any infantry quickly at close close range...

Really, it isn't OP...
    • Up x 1
  13. Gary

And to think people were worried about lockdown.... rooted in place no chance to avoid the damage, VS direct damage increase combined with increased movement speed to help negate the increased damage taken
    • Up x 1
  14. Xasapis

Sure thing, if they do the same with lockdown and shield.
  15. Yoruno

The problem is that there's no need for zoey to retreat when he can overpower it thought damage and mobility (the lockdown max in vid is probably a bad shot but seriously?). Plus if i had to disengage id just run with zoey on.
    And are you REALLY sure zoey makes max as soft as HA with shield?
  16. Keyframe

I have seen a single fracture max kill like six zoe maxes today. ZOE maxes are hilariously easy to kill I am not sure what the QQ's are all about. Learn to aim maybe?
    • Up x 1
  17. WaiZen

Lucky me, I was just C4-ing TR Max's today, didn't see any ZOE Max yet.
    Oh and something else...
    The phoenix goes through the NC MAX Shield, tried out with a friend. It's kinda dumb LOL.
  18. Xasapis

Go grab your fracture max and 4-shot those zoe maxes, it's easier than you think ;)
  19. Yoruno

I got 17 certs...
  20. MrK

If you can't see how a soldier with the health of a MAX is game changing, I can't help you. Some people really need everything handed to them to feel usefull, apparently.
    • Up x 2