Annihilator vs Striker

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alarox, May 21, 2013.

1. Alarox

I feel the same way (almost there, not quite yet). You apparently don't understand what your own words mean.

"Being AV and AA is balanced because it has drawbacks."

My thoughts: So, it's balanced because the drawbacks make it less effective than something that only does AV or AA, meaning it needs more utility or it'll be underpowered. I understand your point of view.

You later on: "I never said it was bad at AV, don't put words in my mouth".

My thoughts: Then how does your previous post make sense if you think it's good at AA and AV at the same time? Shouldn't every launcher be good at AA and AV then?

You: "You're like talking to a brick wall".

Makes sense. Not really, but go on thinking I'm a brick wall who doesn't understand what you're talking about. Apparently I do better than you.
  2. Ronin Oni

FFS just give it up Alarox

Have you noticed you're the minority here yet??

Here's a question for you....

do you understand the term "Asymmetry"?

Somehow I doubt it
  3. SLiCKRiCK

Yeah, the striker is pretty badass. I've seen that thing take down a lib real fast, especially when you put a few of them in the hands of a coordinated squad.

The Lancer (VS) sucks balls in comparison to the striker and the phoenix. I still use the decimator, as it gives the best damage, and is pretty accurate once you learn how to aim it at range.
  4. Algernon

So what I am reading from Alarox's posts is he wants NS versions of all the esrl's and for them all to be balanced around the NS versions.

tbh would make for a dull game

and to be fair, for pratical use of weapons in the field, striker is not the best lock-on for AA in the game, the grounder is (or empire equivilent)
  5. zib1911

Your right that stats say its god. Who cares, most TR hate it. I can kill your ESF with my bursters I don't need a lock on POS. I would rather have a skill based launcher. I am not going to defend it, but if your going to try and drum up some drama at least post your real outfit and faction.....troll.
  6. Eclipson

Lol, the Vanguard already does that. It is good against vehicles do to its shield ability, and its velocity and damage allows it to one shot esfs. It looks like someones butt hurt after buying the annihilator expecting for it to be as good as the Striker. Get over yourself.
  7. Alarox

Yes, I know I'm the minority. Do you think I care that there are a bunch of people who disagree?

In most elections the votes are close to 50/50. In this world, there is only ever 1 right answer. 50% of people are wrong.

For most of human history people believed ridiculously stupid things and only a few people thought differently. I guess I should just be like almost everyone else in history and assume the majority is always right eh.

-----------

Yes, I do understand asymmetry, but I don't think you do. Asymmetry isn't a convenient way to say "different never means unbalanced". Asymmetry means you give the same utility in a different way.

Shotguns and submachineguns are good at close range. However, they don't do it in the same way. They don't have to be the same.
    Low recoil high RoF LMGs and battle rifles are good at long-range. However, they don't do it in the same way.

The underlying principle is that the utility is the same.
  8. Alarox

Ironic.

That's a nice way to close a post. Tries to make it seem like you're the logical one and the other person is the uptight jerk who is full of himself.
  9. Eclipson

Ironic
  10. Alarox

You don't have to guess.

I said I would like the Annihilator to perform at, bare minimum, 60% effectiveness of the Striker (even though I should ask for more).
  11. Kn4ck3br0d37

To be honest, you really have to take into account a few things:

Firstly, I've heard the Striker is bugged right now and avoiding terrain wich negates the problem it has of all 5 missles having to hit to some degree and further amplifes the notion of it's OP'ness becasue it always hits air, I guess.

Secondly, you can slap about 2 seconds (I think) onto the lock-on timer of the Striker since it takes you a while to unload your whole payload with the Striker, it's not instant like the NS variant.

I won't agrue the pros and cons of not having dumbfire vs the abilities of the other ESRLs, it's been done to death.

Buffing the NS lock-on or the ES G2A lock-on or the anihilator isn't the answer, changing the Striker is. At the same time you can't blame TR for using it, it's the only alternative we have and if it was reversed and NC or VS had it, they would use it just as much as TR is currently.

I've got a thread about chaging the Striker to something fun that's just as "effective" vs air as the other ESRL, if you're intrested it's in my Sig. Though they probably won't change it.

I wonder how many times the developers have sighed and went "Damn it.. gotta' sort through these Striker neft posts..." knowing they probably can't change it, only nerf or buff it because then people would be all like "er mah gerd! I burt it becurs it wers lawk-awn! Joo laied to meh! Give meh moneh bakk! Give meh moneh bakk! Give meh moneh bakk!"

Must be frustrating as hell, then again, it's not like people from all factions looked at the striker and said "Aw hell naw!" even before it was out.
  12. Alarox

I took into account the time it takes for the Striker to fire all 5 missiles, for the DPS at least.

I know a lot of TR don't enjoy the Striker that much (Annihilator is pretty boring too) so changing it is probably the best option for everyone, as long as it doesn't become really niche or underpowered.
  13. SadButTrue

As much as I hate strikers, rendering lock-on rockets on the minimap would go a long way to balancing them. Half the time you're running from rockets and you have no idea where they fired from. If our vehicles are smart enough to know a rocket is locked on, why can't they render the damn thing?
  14. Ganelon

....What would be the point of the Striker if it was as strong as the Annihilator? VS and NC get to play with their new toys while TR get a piece of **** that was already in the game to begin with?
  15. Shellana

Actually, more TR carry and us strikers than NC and VS use Phoenixs and Lancers. Look at the usage stats, almost as many TR use the striker and NC and VS players use the phoenix/lancer COMBINED.
  16. Shellana

Exxagerate much? The lancer has a effective range of 500m. After 500m, the damage drops by 40-45%. Vehicle clip range is around 800m, so no one is hitting anything with a lancer at 1000m, and if you did somehow manage to score a hit at that range, all you are going to do is tickle them.
  17. Shellana

What is the point of nerfing the annihilator into the ground then introducing something that is better than the pre-nerf annihilator?

I don't think the annihilator should be as good as the striker, but it should be about 80% as effective. Currently, it is about 40% as effective.
  18. RedeemerJ

Hmm, if that is true then it should not be a 1000 cert weapon.