Should Harassers survive/stay green from a direct hit from an AP tank shell?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheRealMetalstorm, May 21, 2013.

1. DeadLamb

I think if it did not look like a buggy people would not have such a problem with it being a very fast mini tank..

The amount of hits it can take right now is fine to me being the bulk of that health ends up being used as you're running away anyways. Sure you can try to stay and slug it out but that tends not to work out all that well vs a battle tank

Lets not act like it's just wiping out tanks left and right here. It's annoying to tanks and bad 1/2 solo sort of tank drivers ARE getting owned when out alone some where, but they should be. The rest of the tank drivers are just getting annoyed by Harassers and how they seem to be all over the place. Those same tank driver, if they have any support at all by way of a gunner or more gear around them will crush and swat Harasser dead left and right, even at current health levels.

The health of the Harasser + the speed makes for more interesting game play IMO. Tanks can no longer just solo 1/2 drive around and just sort of park in the middle of no where thinking they are fine. I don't see how taking away from a battle and making for a very fast near OSK Flash like TTK on a Harasser would make the game better. If that's the case then drop the buggy cost down to 100-125 resources and lower the cool down.
    • Up x 1
  2. PyroPaul

So your saying that because it is a 3 man vehicle it should have the same HP and armor rating as a Liberator?

you're not looking at any of this from a balanced perspective, instead you're just trying to justify through the seat numbers and price point while ignoring every other aspect the vehicle maintains.

It is the highest mobility and fastest speed of any ground vehicle in the game.
    it has the highest traction of any ground vehicle in the game.
    it can Push Combat Chassis 3 VANGUARDS.
    It can FLIP MagRiders.
    It can FLIP Sunderers if it broadsides them.
    It can take in excess of 3 Anti-Vehicle shots to kill.
    It can be repaired while moving through the Rumble Seat.
    It can heal MAXes in the Rumble Seat through Triage.

It is a Transport/Fast Attack Vehicle intended to Skirmish enemy positions with quick hit and disengage tactics...
    If this where any Battlefield game, it would be the FAV...
    And would you consider it balanced if the FAV in That game took 3 tank shells to kill?
  3. Fenrisk

All you solo tank drivers need to quit your whine and learn to team play. If you had a second gunner you would wipe the floor with any harasser that crossed your path so fast that the buggy would only be able to get 1 shot off on you.

It takes 2 people + 200 resources to solo a tank in a harasser.
    Your tank might cost 60 resources more but unless your running with a second gunner you have no room to complain in this thread.
    Team play ----> everything else
    • Up x 2
  4. Headcapper

I don't think it should be killed with 2 AP shots, since the Prowler (yes, I drive one very often) has 2 barrels and could destroy a harasser within moments. I think it should be taken down to 10% health with 2 shots to the rear (so 3 shot kill) or killed with 4 shots to the front/sides. This way the harasser does maintain his harrassing ability, instead of being juicy squishies for AP Prowlers
  5. Fenrisk

I have to call bs on this. Have you tried a harasser outside your own warp gate as it sure as hell does not look like it. You might be able to flip other vehicals while inside your warp gate as your harasser is invincible there. Try it anywhere else and your asking to be instantly blown up and giving the enemy a ram kill.

1. The harasser implodes if it try's to ram a enemy sunderer or a tank even with full composite armor you instantly explode on impact with anything other then a ESF or flash. Tank's can instantly blow you up just by touching you and composite armor has no effect on that.
    2. Repairing from the rumble seat is highly situational as you can only do it when travelling at a certain terrain angle and it leaving the engineer completely exposed. You also lose access to having a max on the back.
    3.Triage only works on damage you take BEFORE entering the vehical. You don't get repaired from damage you take while in the rumble seat. Who uses a medic in a 2 man buggy?
    4. Maxes are mostly useless on the back of the harasser as the bouncing throws off any chance of hitting anything. Driving backwards makes the max hit the harasser. You have to stop your harasser for the max to be able to do anything defeating the point of having a max on the back.
    5. 1 mine dead harasser (armor no effect)
    6. 1 C4 dead harraser (armor no effect)
    7. 2 dev rockets dead harasser or 3 with composite armor
    8. 3 or 4 dumb fires = dead harasser
    9. 1 AP round + 1 Halberd round = dead harasser even with composite arnor (L2P get a second gunner)
    10. Same armor as a lib? LOL right... whatever you say.
    • Up x 1
  6. Zenanii

Come now, it requires 2 people to man it and a 2/2 MBT will mob the floor with any 3/3 harasser. Heck, a 1/2 tank driver will stand more then a fair fighting chance against a 2/3 harasser.

Look at it this way: the harasser is a tank that gives up its main gun (more then 50% of its damage output and the ability to operate solo) and some of its armor for added mobility. There is nothing imbalanced about this.
  7. Hauser

I think the harasser armor is well balanced at this point, including against MBT AP shells.
  8. Cougarbrit

Tbh, I've rammed enemy Harassers in my Sunderer and come off worse than them, I'll come off with more damage taken, and getting pushed 90deg to the right or left.

Not sure what could cause that, but no matter the reason, it happened.
  9. Sowahka

MBTs cost 250 and are insanely powerful with one driver. Harassers cost 200 and have barely any firepower when seated with two occupants. They're already a rare sight and are hardly noticeable on the battlefield unless they have equipped the Halberd. Why do they need to be turned as fragile as an ESF? It's not as if there aren't already hundreds of anti-vehicle options, anywhere a harasser goes will guarantee at least two rockets/tank rounds being shot at it. I don't understand why it needs it's health lowered, it's a secondary turret on wheels that costs t 200, all it can do is harass.
  10. ent|ty

Of course not. They also shouldn't take 4 dumbfire rockets to the side and live. It's supposed to just be a fast buggy with armor plating on it.

But now like a poster said, its a fast moving 3 man tank.
  11. Badname82

Pathetic. Simply pathetic.

It is already weaker than a lightning and costs more resources. Just because you play with a terrible PC and get 7 fps doesn't mean the Harrasser needs to be nerfed into uselessness. I guarantee you this is the bulk of the complainers..its too fast for them to hit.

3 shots from any tank gun kills it...prowler takes like 4 or 5 hits. Even lightning HE blows it up in 3 shots. What more do you want?

If you scrape a tank or sundy in it you take 75% damage. It cannot ram anything outside of a flash to death. Those whining about it pushing them should note a LIGHTNING does the same exact thing without crippling itself in the process.

If you are in a lightning or MBT and cant kill an harasser you are either really bad at leading or have a rig incapable of playing the game properly.

And I mainly run sunderers and vanguards. Harassers are free kills already. Make it eaiser? Lol. Minecraft called they want their fanbase back.
  12. Ranik

Simply put. For it's speed, the Harasser is probably a bit too survivable vs heavy weapons. That much I can agree with. By how much? No idea really.
  13. WUNDER8AR

From my experience AP Prowler needs 4 hits to the side to kill a Harasser, which is slightly ridicolous if you ask me.
  14. LahLahSr

In large battles, I see Harassers being destroyed rather quickly on both sides. Faster than all types of tanks to be sure - in part because they take damage from small-arms fire as well, unlike the tanks.

Furthermore - the Harassers have not asserted themselves as dominant forces on the battlefield by any means. They, rather well I might add, manage to in fact, harass the enemy more than anything.

Since they require speed and mobility to be effective and since they flip over well enough, they aren't exactly easy to be effective, overall.

No, the harasser is fine as it is. But I would like to see that all the other homing rocket launchers be adjusted so that they can hit the Harassers with the same certainty - after lock-on - as the Striker, which doesn't seem to be capable of missing a Harasser, whereas all the other homing launchers known to man, nearly always do.
  15. Dregan

The Anti-Vehicle argument:
    AP rounds are not actually anti-vehicle but rather anti-armour. It just worked out that way as most vehicles in the game are armoured. The Harasser is not an armoured vehicle. It is a fast attack or transport vehicle. As such the armour it has is just meant to keep stray bullets from killing the driver and gunner. Beyond that most of the vehicle is just support struts and frames. Essentially most of the vehicle does not actually have to exist for the vehicle to function. So if you fire what amounts to a large bullet at it the most that will happen is that you will weaking the chassis but unless you hit the engine or the wheels it will be perfectly happy to go on. Hit is with something highly explosive however would make for a very different story. So should High explosive ammo work better against it? That is another debate.

The Harasser is a transport argument:
    Well this is wrong. People might call it a transport but in reality it is a multi-purpose fast attack and transport vehicle. What it does and how it plays changes either profoundly or subtly depending on how you outfit it. At stock it doesn't really work as much other than a transport.
    Put some composite armour on it and a Halberd and it is a tank harasser/hunter. With vehicle stealth and a fury and it is an infantry ambusher. Shield defuser and a fury makes it a base assault vehicle (this one might want mineguard).
    So you arguing that the Harasser is just a transport and as a result should be easy to destroy doesn't work. However even then why should a transport be easy to kill? Even a light transport? It is a 3 man vehicle that comes at great resource cost. It is not a disposable vehicle like the flash.

How much punishment can a harasser actually take?
    Lets also be fair here. A Harasser can take 1 AP shell (3 from a prowler though the third sets it on fire) and be fine but the next one kills it. Composite armour vastly increases this putting it up to 4 AP shots to kill it (six from a prowler) when at max.
    This does not seem high for a vehicle that cost almost as much as an MBT and more than a lightning.
    Also let us not forget that it is in fact not immune from small arms fire.

Harassers should not "tank" but relie on speed argument
    Agreed but lets not kid ourselves. Being able to take one shot is not tanking. While composite armour makes it tankish lets not forget that even with composite armour it can only survive up to 3 reload timers. That is hardly tanking.

Personally I think they did a bangup job with the harasser. I love the highly customisable role system and the it is damn fun to drive. I feel it is not too tough but nor is it too weak. It feels just right.
    • Up x 2
  16. P4NJ

I seriously don't know why you don't want the harassers to stay green. With Auraxis getting polluted by all kinds of stuff (mostly discarded spandex from my dead enemies), we need more vehicles to go green, not less. Biodegradable ammo and natural gas for fuel are the future!
  17. Hoki

Well I really think giving them access to the halberd was a bad idea.
    Halberds are a REALLY good secondary weapon, too good to put on something so fast imo.

Its as much a mistake as putting a fury on a flash.

Halberd isn't OP, its just OP on a harasser.

Also being able to repair itself from the 3rd seat is pretty OP. You don't even need to stop moving in order to repair.

The halberd + repair from back seat + its really good composite armor plate upgrade (whatever its called) makes it too competent vs armor imo. If you face the vehicle toward even an AP lightning, have the driver switch to the back seat and repair, you can literally take on a tank head on.
  18. LibertyRevolution

Harasser armor is too much for a buggy, I don't care how many people it carries, it is a buggy.
    It has external wheels and a tube frame.. 1 tank shell should stop it in its tracks.
    As in if you shoot it in the front I want to see the wheel blow off and watch it drive in a circle until it is repaired.
    An AP round from a a tank should destroy it or at least put it on fire.
  19. Ash87

The Harassers should not be nerfed, no.
  20. Dis

Great vehicle that requires a dedicated driver, people want it nerfed.

I hate these forums.