Is NC underpowered or harder to learn?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ErCaiman, May 19, 2013.

1. MNO

I can drive 1000 miles in a mini cooper, it'll get me there.

I'd still rather do it in a Bugatti. ;)

Not that my Orion is a mini cooper. It's a beast, it shoots lasers. FU NC.
  2. CupBoy

Then shoot lasers instead of posting baseless claims on the internet.
  3. ErCaiman

I cannot begin to say how wrong is this....
    people don't adapt to weapons, people adapt weapons to them AND they themselves learn to use them, some are good with the sniper rifle at close range, and using shrikes against infantry.
    Now that you found that you could get an idea of how much that weapon is not the "best", noticing how it is the 2nd top used weapon and has the least accuracy of them all, though I wonder why the Gauss Burst has so few shots? o_O
    if I have a claim I just post it, ok? Funny now that you use my stats for ad hominem, argument to authority and to poison the well. Doesn't directly relate to one's knowledge, all you've ever done could be summarized to "the game is played like this because it works for me and if you disagree you suck", while I'm stating what I noticed in game and why I disagree with your opinion.
    Edit: And just for the record, that character was restarted and that's why it says it's made in january and has only 13h, restarted it after the empire showdown thing.
    Change the NC 6 for a NC 4 and we could agree.
    No seriously, it's not good for me, it's hipfire CoF takes over half the screen, and everyone just mentioned how it is for medium-to-long ranges.

Otherwise, what do the EM1, EM6 and GD-22s have as strength? how easy would it be to get those?
  4. Syphers

Although TR carbines are pretty much all similar i'd take them any day over the NC ones, the TR repeater over the Magshot, I'd take the Carv over the EM6/Anchor/EM1 too for the short/medium range fights, Mosquito over the Reaver, Fractures over the slow Ravens, Onslaught/Mercy over the Scattcannons post-nerf.

All in all TR got the coolest weapons imo, got a 44 TR and 52 NC and the only real + of my NC is the badass look of my infiltrator and the SAW strength at long range
  5. Scorponok

naah i like the NC6 best..so i cant agree with that...EM1? really...one of the most crap weapons you find lol
  6. Anonynonymous

Aside from the fact Vanguard is an absolute piss poor anti-infantry tank, and is only marginally better at tank to tank (close range) battles than the others. I'll say everything else NC has are more or less on par with other faction's gears.
  7. Syphers

Yeah crappy gun but made to be our high RoF lmg
  8. Scorponok

its all down to who drives the tank..i would rather go for anchor then EM1.
  9. ErCaiman

Carv CARVES through armies, when aimed down too. It's high rate of fire lets someone jump around while shooting, plus I'm not sure if each weapon has a "hit blowback" difference, but wouldn't the Carv's high rate of fire screw someone's else ADS?

Wait, EM1 has high RoF? just been looking at the starts in a wiki, no idea how exactly accurate it is, but isn't the anchor kind of like an upgraded GD-22S? I mean, don't both have same RoF but anchor costs 1000 certs and has more attachments while GD costs 100?
    Aren't those 2 better at Close range?
  10. MNO

Why are you obsessed with "ad xxxxx".

Funny you accuse me of that, after you've come out with beautiful gems like "those VS weapons look REALLY ACCURATE".

Hilarious. Can't argue with ignorance. 13h lord.
  11. IamSalvation

If you can´t play as NC you can´t play at all....
    • Up x 1
  12. Syphers

The Anchor is better in CQC if you stick the imp.laser sight, the GD is cheaper the EM1 deal less damage and only has +50 RoF
  13. ErCaiman

Never heard of a rule that calling someone out on fallacies had a limit on the "ad" denominators.
    At least that's just a single sentence, instead of anchoring to a single sentence like that and trying to use logical and informal fallacies like pro hominem, I'm pointing out the entire argument's flaw.
    Guess I'm not allowed to restart characters after the Empire Showdown event, or do memories mandatorily restart after a character restart and whatever gameplay I may have had in december is erased from space-time? Truly, you must be a Truthbearer, your gameplay style and views are the only valid and all who disagree can only be ignorants.

Wait.... What am I playing when I'm playing TR then?

What about GD with a laser pointer? could it work more or less like it for a new player when used with a laser pointer?
  14. Scorponok

A skilled player?and as VS a pro...
  15. Syphers

Yes the difference is small really
  16. ErCaiman

Oh! ok, thanks!
    Though just to ask, not sure how accurate is this, but would that means that GD is actually more newb friendly in terms of stats? I mean, for all-around practice?, because it would solve problem one, and that would be great :D

Played VS for like.... 5, 10 or 15 minutes? don't remember, didn't like it much.
  17. MNO

That's fine, so you restarted your character. That makes it even funnier that the best you can muster is a 0.22 KD and a 14% accuracy. Wow.

The constant use of ad denominators just make you seem a little pretentious is all, like you're trying to prove something other than your point about the NC.

Not at all, everyone has different gameplay styles, but when you bring YOUR style of gameplay into a balance discussion (and by the way, you also told me that using ADS in CQC is bad because theyll just 'jump to my side' and such - so don't act like I'm the only one) especially when YOUR style of gameplay obviously isn't very successful, at all.

I wouldn't try and lecture someone with a PhD in Engineering while I'm still doing my Undergrad, then when they disagree, turn around and say "well you're only saying my way is worse because only your opinion can be valid waaaaah" - straight up, go and talk to some top outfits and get a general consensus of whether their HA's use ADS in CQC often, it'll be a resounding "YES". But that's completely wrong, and we should trust the word of a 0.22KDer with 14% accuracy - why should we trust him? Oh that's right, because as utterly illogical as it is, it helps cater for his argument about the NC6 and NC weapons.

Your whole argument revolves around twisting everything, you're even as delusional to try to mirror your own faults onto others. I tried to be nice and 'reason' with you to an extent, to which you basically insulted me and carried on your charade. Either you've gotten to a point where you're so annoyed you'll continue to argue your point to the death even though you now understand it's built on straw, or you're in utter denial. But feel free to go ahead and make false claims again, and mirror those faults, it's worked wonders for you so far :rolleyes:
  18. Chubzdoomer

Alright girls, let's keep this on track.
  19. ErCaiman

Whatever

So, what about the reavers too? is there a way to make them newb friendly? How does the vertical thrust help with it's..... Box hitbox? what would a newb mostly need to learn to practice with it properly? nan repair? hover frame? dogfight frame? or they're all situational? o_O
  20. ShureShot

Well I hate to break it to you, but the NC also does worse with NS weapons, which are identical for all empires.

It's the same for dalton, zepher, fury, bulldog, ... : NC somehow has the lowest score/hour with those weapons, while VS has the highest score/hour.

And since not only the weapons, but also the vehicles they are mounted on are identical (liberator, harasser, sunderer, ...), I think the problem with NC scoring lower isn't only due to their weapons or vehicles being inferior. The same trend occurs when they use identical vehicles & weapons as the other factions.

Now I'm not calling them noobs (at least not right now :d), I guess it can also be partially explained by the fact that NC has the highest population. Meaning that there are less enemies to shoot, so less xp to go around.

Source