Is NC underpowered or harder to learn?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ErCaiman, May 19, 2013.

1. Riku

Some NC weapon have strong vertical recoil on first shot, so just aim a little lower to compensate for it jumping upwards, and then compensate normally. The recoil isn't so bad, really.

The reaver has the strongest weapons - the strongest rotary and an anti-infantry gun that has a one-size-fits-all use (extremely strong against vehicles and infantry alike, not super good for dogfighting of the "chase" kind, but nice for hover battles and super good for ambushes. Hits liberators and galaxies hard too.) Also the highest afterburner speed. Is hard to learn to play well, tho, start with another esf.

I played both too and I find NC recoil easy to control reliably and TR recoil impossible to control properly. Go see it for yourself in the VR - the TR have less vertical recoil but a strong horizontal recoil so the gun jumps left and right randomly. I usually aim for the heart or belly so I can compensate for jumps left and right easier, if I aim for the head half of the bullets fly past the ear of the enemy. With NC you aim for the belly, the recoil makes it jump up to neck/head and from there on you simply compensate vertical recoil with a steady gently pulling downwards.
    TR shoot a lot of bullets but they don't hit as hard as NC, and also as I said you also miss more due to the random horizontal recoil and, at least for me personally, headshots are harder with TR LMG and Carbine.
  2. P4NJ

As I said, play TR a bit longer and you'll notice it too. Horizontal recoil, and overall higher COF bloom due to higher ROF.
    • Up x 1
  3. Scorponok

NC is more OP then the rest...but it also takes slightly more training to work the weapons then the others..
  4. llPendragon

The SAW has the best first shot accuracy of any LMG in the game. 2 shot bursts from the SAW are much more accurate than the Carv or Orion. This switches somewhere around the 8th shot though, and the SAW becomes much less accurate. This dramatic swing is one of the reasons that the SAW feels so inaccurate during full-auto. The Carv won't thread a needle at 100 yards, but it's bullets don't start taking 90 degree turns either.
  5. xGreedFuSioN

The reavers advantage is that its turning speed is very quick, quicker than the scythe, and the air hammer. banshee/light ppa suck and are vs. infantry only, whereas the AH is friggin boss all around. I'd trade my mossy for a reaver with as many certs in it in a heartbeat
  6. Scorponok

well the problem is that NC has the best of everything but...people will never be happy anyway lol...
  7. MNO

I couldn't help myself here.

I have 2000 kills with the Orion alone, ADSing in close range is WHY I win the majority of the time, if you hipfire with an LMG you're just bad, it's that simple, because you're allowing luck to become a bigger factor than it needs to be, if you're not ADSing and aiming for the head then you're letting every 1on1 come down to a diceroll. Don't act like I know nothing about playing with LMG's, because that's clearly you.

You're under the illusion you only need to ADS for range, that's ridiculous. Attachments do not make CQC noticeably worse at all, come on man...

I can't do it anymore, it's like trying to figure out a way to describe the colour blue to a blind man (or trying to argue with ignorance, as they say), this is my last post to you I pinky swear.
    • Up x 2
  8. Nobalification

NC arent underpowered. What u need to learn in NC side is fast push max shotguns, reaver and unboxing tank :I
  9. Eclipson

Maybe so, different people are better with different weapons. I personally hate the Carv, Ns-15m is far better for me, I try using the other TR LMGs, and I just hate em. Maybe you should join the TR, if you think our weapons are so good. But please don't, we don't want you.
    • Up x 2
  10. ErCaiman

I should say spread rather than recoil, it's the spread, whenever I use the NC LMG on close range, it misses a lot at a distance of 3-5 meters indoors, sometimes even getting out of the reticle when using ADS (which I find a terrible idea for CQB, slow speed).

Oh, so it hits hard, has vertical thrust and Afterburner? seems strange, like a helicopter with jet engines.
    Hover battles? I've mostly attempted to use high-speed turning and such, not a big fan of hovering around =/

I found NC spread.... :confused: Can't even hit at 3 meters away.
    TR recoil? mostly noticed it as the gun slightly tilting back, didn't notice the left and right recoil but seemed cool enough for keeping the gun right on top of whoever one wants to keep shooting at, great for Close range, I don't think I notice if I even miss, I found them pretty accurate enough to be fine at Close range and I've been playing TR for a while.
  11. ManualReplica

COUGH COUGH NC RATE OF FIRE VS VANU RATE OF FIRE COUGH COUGH
    COUGH COUGH 750 RPM 140 DPH COUGH COUGH
  12. Czuuk

All a matter of play style.
  13. ErCaiman

I've tested it and it does have that accuracy, problem is one does not simply semi-auto at close range.
    Sure it's accurate.... For burst fire, I mean using the LMG at close range, where Full-auto's needed, if I remember correctly, that's when full auto goes outside the iron sighs' circle, and with hip-fire it takes almost half the screen. Carv.... Is a wonder, when using ADS it feels like only shaking, and one can hipfire and dodge around.

I must look like a mirror then.
    Not doubting the kills, but using ADS at close range makes you slow, you're incredibly easier to hit, the other guy could jump beside you and shoot out of the reticle, slow in close range= terrible, Did you get all the kills at indoor ranges and in head-to-head Close range? reaction speed? enemy accuracy? ADS is a diceroll of "not dying first" imho
    Plus it does, NC LMG attachments are Foward Grip and Compensator, guess which CoF does the compensator make 25% larger.

Too bad, I already did :p
    But seriously, I don't really see any BAD spread or recoil with the Carv though, mostly it shaking a bit around, but the spread seems to keep into the reticle, it's RoF helps hamper the other guy's accuracy and when using ADS it seems to stay inside the reticle, don't know why some say it's so bad, the CoF seems great to me o_O
    • Up x 1
  14. CupBoy

Ah, so the weapons are just different and people adapt to whatever weapon they use. Got it.
  15. ErCaiman

It's an aerial shotgun, what would you expect? :D

What NC LMG is better for close to medium range then?
  16. Nobalification

NC6 Gauss SAW maybe?
    • Up x 1
  17. MNO

You finally got it! You might finally be able to process the fact that people still find NC Gauss superior because of what it can do.

Hooray for mankind, ignoring the hint of sarcasm and hoping for the best.
  18. MNO

I couldn't help this, I promise I really couldn't, because I found this:

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428034441447040017/stats

I don't think you're in any position to tell me what's bad or how best to kill people. Seriously. Also, 13h and from that you've gained SO much knowledge about NC. LOL. This isn't trolling, I'm just trying to show you that you need more time than that to come to even come close to the kind of conclusions you've already come to, and it's hard to take you seriously at all when you tell me what's bad in head ons, when you have a 0.22 KD. If you go and put in another 100 or so hours on NC, maybe 50 or so on TR and VS, then come back, we might be able to have a CONSTRUCTIVE discussion that isn't full of "well they LOOK really accurate" and other rubbish, this forums already got too much of that man, come on. After 13h you still literally know NOTHING about the game, 90% of the people posting here probably have 30x that. I posted this link because it gives perspective, and it DIRECTLY relates to your level of knowledge.
  19. CupBoy

Oh, I have no doubts that some people find the Gauss Saw superior. That doesn't mean that it, overall, actually is any better than the Carv or the Orion. For that, you do need to look at some actual data, like it or not.
  20. Scorponok

yup the saw is great :) unless you run into a shotgun at closer ranges...then your screwd no matter what you use lol.