Determining factors in 1v1s

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MrHenderson, May 17, 2013.

1. MrHenderson

Let's weight the percentages accordingly:

who sees who first: 20%
    who is better equipped for the encounter, i.e. shotty at close range or carbine at medium: 25%
    who the client side gods favor in that moment: 25%
    aim: 15%
    situational awareness: 15%
    MLG logo: 100000000000000%
  2. Chiss

situational awareness 60%
    area control 30%
    aim 10%

This is pretty standard for all FPS.

If you have good situational awareness, you will nearly never be seen first, or be caught off guard, or have bad equipment for the encounter. Most people don't know a thing about FPS or situational awareness though...
  3. Jrv

You can't possibly factor in specific percentages when there are so many different situations. Instead, I'll go with a more generalized approach:

Aim>Positioning>Frames per second>movement after the first shot(strafing, jumping, etc.)>Equipment>Connection
    • Up x 1
  4. Glorin

30% game sense/positioning
    25% headshots
    20% movement / knowledge on how to react when you're losing
    15% reaction time + aim speed
    10% weapon choice
  5. JokeForgrim

Fixed it :D
  6. Ghosy01

who is the HA ?
    if player 1 he wins
    else player 2 wins
    no one is HA or both are?
    read posts above
  7. Copyrights

Who got the jump on who
    Number of headshots.

That's about it really.
    • Up x 1
  8. }{ellKnight

Positioning & weapon choice: 60%
    Aiming skill: 40%
    • Up x 2
  9. Charlie

Weapon Choice: 10%
    Who saw who first: 10%
    Which player is playing NC: 80%

Results favour 80% against NC. I call hacks.
  10. FleshIcon

I thought it was the person who configured their aimbot the best. :(
  11. Verenz

This with about 5% somewhere for weapon choice in some situations, generally even a shotgun at close range won't help much in a CQC 1v1, a shotgun just lets you get 5 people back to back if they are bad.

If your opponent is bad then a shotgun is amazing, if he is not an idiot and recognises that you have one then its a pretty even fight.
  12. Kastrenzo

Who, What, Where and When. All Crucial.

Can mean the difference from running through a room nearly unnoticed, blasting a dozen people with a shotgun, and getting capped the second you walk in a door.

so essentially that's situational awareness, a big factor.

Weapon choice means nothing to me, Damage means f-all, they all kill in 3 shots if you hit them in the head.
    The rest comes down to Aiming skill, and Reaction times.
  13. Nocturnal7x

In this game I would say the server is a larger factor than anyone is alluding to. Id say how the server is feeling is 30-40% of the equation. This isn't cod or BF, this game is laggy.
  14. IamSalvation

AD Spamming = 90%
    • Up x 1
  15. JokeForgrim

???? please explain...

HA with a max resist sheild vs any other (no max) infantry will win if he/she remembers to press "F" or any HA sheild vs any non f.a.g sheild class = a win unless they have severe lag/luck on their side.
  16. Kuriby

who sees who first: 50%
    who is better equipped for the encounter, i.e. shotty at close range or carbine at medium: 20%
    who the client side gods favor in that moment: 5%
    aim: 25%
    situational awareness (same as who sees who first): 50%

That is much more accurate
  17. Kuriby

LA>HA

HA have a easier learning curve, but once you are better with the LA, our mobility can easily take down most HA's with shields.

Learnt he LA and don't fear shields anymore. I sure and hell don't.
  18. JokeForgrim

lmao after killing 1 maybe 2 maxes or a pack of infantry with your C4, try putting your slower firing (post GU08 carbine rounds) 25 rounds + maybe grenade launcher (or the other way around) into a heavy with max resist shield while they spam 150+ bullets directly into your head at a faster ROF.

Please explain (minus C4 multi kills (heavies included) how this plays out in your favour in 1v1 situations (minus TR vs everyone else)
  19. Kuriby

From your post I'm going to assume you don't know the strengths of LA's yet.

Go into the LA thread and watch some of the skill montage videos.

Remember playing FAST>HA 1v1. Sure they have a 100 round magazine. But we LA's have roof tops, jump jet strafing, and WAY better environment control.

Big TIP, aim for the head, hip fire, win ;)
  20. TintaBux

Not in a client side hit detection game.