Pounders made obsolete by fractures

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Jurun, May 8, 2013.

1. Frosty The Pyro

pounders pull 425 dps, fractures do 315 dps. Assuming both are hitting constiantly the pounders win signfigantly. That said fractures FAR superior projectile speed and zero drop means in most cases I would likely prefer the fractures. Fractures are also much better to mix with AI guns.

With pounders of course their heavy trajectory means they will be hitting another target from the one you are shooting with the AI gun.

That said of course its almost imposible to put out the damage levels that duel pounders put out with any other single person configuration. Rank 4 anchor prowlers being the only thing on the ground that can do it. Vortex can with their resent buff as well assuming you hit reload at with 1 shot left and fire uncharged shots at max output.
  2. Pikachu

That's actually a good idea. Imagine people coming out of a sunderer and a dual pounder is spraying grenades on them. :D
  3. siiix

who was using the pounder EVER ? it was absolete before alrready
  4. Evil Monkey

Pounders were already obsolete...

Heck they were obsolete even without a alternative to be obsolete too.... if that makes sense o_O
    • Up x 1
  5. Takoita

If the Fracture will remain as a long(er) range option, then the Pounder should have much better burst damage potential. Because after all the trouble the operator has to go through to actually get within effective range of enemy armor without dying, long-exposure requiring weapon is the absolutely worst option to have equipped.
  6. exLupo

When I first tried Fracs on test it blew my mind how accurate they were. Now that I've used them for a while I'm less impressed. Per my stats I'm hitting with Pounders (and I do post-convergence range bombardment) at about 38%. Fractures? 41%. Not worth the 20% dps difference.

Fracs, for me, are only worth kitting when I am vehicle hunting alone and think I may run into infantry in a place I can't just charge away from. In every other case it's Mercies, Pounders or Bursters depending on whatever needs to be removed from the field. I don't regret the purchase as they aren't redundant but I find them too situational to recommend as a must-buy for anyone who isn't a hapless **** with arc firing weapons.

edit:
    Pounder DPS w/ reloads: 400
    Frac DPS w/ reloads: 340
  7. OldMaster

I've got both pounders and I must say that it's the worst of all ps2 weapons. You waste your first ammo clip only to realize WHERE you are shooting. It's absurd: to slow too hit flash or harassers (don't even think to infantry or LA), too weak to kill infantry, impossible to shoot something closer than 10 meters, impossible to shoot something over 50 meters.
    It can't be used for nothing!