Third person on tanks op or not?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ghosy01, May 15, 2013.

1. Sebastien

Can take 3rd person a way as soon as you take away Peterpan C4
  2. stalkish

Remember BETA anyone?? they didnt have third person in ground vehicles, only aircraft. It didnt work, tanks would get stuck every 2 mins. Funnily enough shortly before it was changed, i remember higby doing a gameplay video in which he got his tank stuck while trying to maneuver it, he was killed shortly after by the tank he was trying to fight. Infact to get your tank out of a tough spot required getting out of the vehicle to see the tiny rock thats trapping your tracks, hardly what you want to be doing in a firefight.

Changed for good reason, it was tried as first person only and didnt work.
    • Up x 2
  3. Ghosy01

maybe driving tanks should require some skill..............
    • Up x 2
  4. Patrician

I wonder if there is anything in PS2 that somebody hasn't cried for a nerf about?
  5. FABIIK

Very good visibility ? From inside a tank ? Really ? You dont know what you re talking about.
    Hell. Battlezone (circa 1980) is better than PS2 when it comes to tanks.
    [IMG]
  6. Ghosy01

am i saying it needs to be removed? no, stop making assumptions im just want to know if third person abuse is meant to be allowed
  7. Patrician

Of course "it's meant to be allowed", that's why it's been programed in by the development team.
  8. Ghosy01

by you logic adada macros are allowed , good thing to know
  9. KnightCole

3rd person on tanks OP? Tanks blow......they need any tiny advantage they can get....
  10. Chiss

Yeah, id like all 3rd person removed.

Except for Flash and Harasser and Galaxy. Basically the vehicles where the driver doesnt have a powerful gun.
  11. KnightCole

Lol, Tank? Gun? Powerful? Hmm...you must be on something real good. Tank guns are big, not powerful.
  12. Zotamedu

and I'm trying to explain that the vehicle physics in this game is too poor to be usable without third person view. The FOV is too limited, you have no rear view mirrors. Have you ever tried looking sideways in a Flash? It seems like everybody who's driving instantly loses the ability to turn their heads. Before you can even consider removing the third person view, all vehicle handling needs to be reworked. As been stated repeatedly, the driving engine in this game is rather poor and you want to make it even worse?
  13. stalkish

Day in the life of a tanker:
    Pull tank
    Watch back for HA
    Watch back for LA
    Watch back for engi turret
    Watch back/top for ESF (can only realy be done in first person anyway because of their height)
    Watch back/top for Libs (can only realy be done in first person anyway because of their height)
    All this whilst trying to fight the enemy tank, which is difficult because as soon as you drive over a walnut your tanks turret rocks like a crab ship in the bearing sea, meaning you have to concentrate hard on your aim, but not too hard as you have to watch out for the above. But lets take away third person to make life easier for LAs sneaking up on tanks.

Plus to repeat my earlier comment, it was tried and it didnt work, if you want to call it skilless then carry on but lets not waste time going over past mistakes again, they're doing enough of that already.
    Another point raised during beta was people who suffer vertigo from computer games, apparently the first person only view aggravated this condition, just a mute point realy but is something to consider.
  14. Sebastien

maybe piloting planes should require some skill..............
  15. Cougarbrit

Maybe if the damn tanks get stabilised then as well, driving along in first person generally involves a lot of dipping and derping.
  16. stalkish

No macros arnt allowed, and his logic didnt point that way at all. Plus higby has stated on many occasions that 1 keystroke = 1 action in game, so a macro is in breach of this and is therefore not allowed.
  17. Patrician

Not at all; ADADA macro's are not programed into the game by the developers, 3rd person view on vehicles is! Are you capable of spotting the difference between these two?
  18. Ghosy01

fair enough , i completely agree with you , i as well know that vehicle physics are weird sometimes so if this gets fixed there should be no need for third person
  19. MajiinBuu

3rd person for Magrider is ****, you can't even see the whole thing.
  20. Captain Kid

If only the 3th person view on my Lightning was a little bit further like on the Harasser.