Third person on tanks op or not?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ghosy01, May 15, 2013.

1. Xale

Yes, and as I said its because of the extremely poor and unrealistic first person FOV. Designing a game around arbitrarily poor visibility is idiotic, especially in vehicles which normally have very good visibility and FOV.
    • Up x 2
  2. FateJH

On the other hand, I like the third person view when on a Flash. First person tends to be much more controllable, but third seems much more exciting.
  3. NinjaTurtle

There nothing wrong with the FOV, at least not from what I find acceptable and it's the same for everyone anyway so not really a disadvantage to anyone.

Maybe I'm just approaching the idea of a FPS the wrong way or something
  4. joe smo

im sorry but 3rd person in vehicles is limited enough that it is not an issue, why people like you are complaining about it makes no sense.
    • Up x 4
  5. Cougarbrit

It should stay until we get a reliable way of looking around with a larger FoV. Like popping your head out and having a freelook function like in ARMA, as otherwise vehicles will be absolutely awful to use.

Even then I'm not bothered by it being included, doesn't harm the game as far as I'm concerned, if you sneak up on a tank it still won't see you even in 3rd person.
    • Up x 2
  6. Phazaar

Because to see around a corner, a tank would have to have half of its body already exposed around said corner given where the camera offset it. Use your brain. The FOV doesn't change, just the camera positioning. The FOV is already miniscule and fixed for no good reason...

Third person needs to stay; what's more, it needs a buff. This isn't a hardcore game, and some people prefer driving/flying in third person. Those people should not miss out on vital information like lock on warnings and shield charges.
    • Up x 1
  7. Cougarbrit

Also driving a Sundy in first person is a goddamn pain, I've done it every now and then just for a change but damn, you have such a tiny area that's useful in the FoV.
    • Up x 1
  8. NinjaTurtle

I don't like it, was just giving my 2 cents and I doubt very highly it would even be considered for removal. It's more likely it will get buffed such as those suggestions you mentioned. I won't like it but I'm probably in the minority

Again like I said before I guess my idea of what FPS means is wrong
  9. Alarox

In third person you have almost no accuracy whatsoever, and the cockpits of aircraft are absolutely limiting. Do you fly a lot? Just curious.
    • Up x 1
  10. Ashnal

Because a tank cannot use third person to look around a corner without exposing itself. Tanks have enough bulk on either side of the viewpoint that anything you can see in third person can see you. For this reason it is perfectly acceptable. It's also fairly hard to aim your weapon while in third person balancing the awareness by gimping your offensive view.

Third person for tanks and aircraft is an incredibly useful tool for navigating harsh terrain as well as learning to fly. The slightly increased infantry awareness from the sides is rarely useful or life saving in any capacity anyways.
  11. JudgeDeath

3rd person on magrider is useless as you only see the *** of the tank and nothing else.
  12. AwakenRiceball

I like 3rd Person view to see my cosmetic attachment to my Magrider :p
  13. loleator

lol is this even on debate now?
  14. Steppenwulf

Vehicles just have too much of an advantage being able to go into 3rd person. It should be removed. While we are at it why don't we remove automatic transmissions too? Vehicles should have to be manually shifted into reverse and you should have to shift up gears when going forward. Oh also if you don't shift right you should stall out because I hate when I'm a light assault and about to drop c4 then the target drives away. /sarcasm
  15. Xankesh

Strongly against having the third person camera removed from any vehicle.
  16. NinjaTurtle

I fly a reasonable amount though I wouldn't say I'm that great at it, I'm reasonable. I always fly 1st person though
  17. phreec

This. 3rd person should make you open a hatch or something and make you vulnerable to the likes of snipers and other small arms fire. Now it's basically a nobrainer to use 3rd person view at all time except when you're aiming.
    • Up x 2
  18. Bill Hicks

Being able to go third person in a first person game is a tad overpowered. It allows you to see around corners metal gear style. 3rd person mode should only be allowed for Aircraft, simply because they need it.
  19. Zotamedu

I would maybe consider it if they gave us rear view mirrors. Driving in first person is a real pain because of the wonky physics system. I actually get motion sickness from that if I drive in first person for too long. BTW, has anyone actually noticed that you have a pretty limited movement while in third person so you can't really look around corners anyway? Plus, you cannot use your weapon properly since you have no freaking idea where you're aiming.

There should be a rule against stupid and pointless suggestions like these.
  20. Ghosy01

i dont think you understand how third person abuse works , a friend told me how to do it rebind the t key to one of your extra mouse buttons and then just click it for a quick look around you are not meant to try to kill people in thirdperson , i created the thread because of the huge advantage this gave me especially when fighting in the cannyon are of indar , pls try what i just said and then repost because by calling my thread stupid youa re calling me stupid also which im not , learn respect this is called gameplay discussion and im trying to discuss gameplay