Which US servers to choose?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CHDT65, May 15, 2013.

1. CHDT65

Hi all,

I would like to create two characters, one Terran, one NC, on two different US servers, but I don't know which ones to choose.
    Any advices welcome :)
  2. VSDerp

Mattherson most balanced i think you will like it.
    • Up x 3
  3. EliteEskimo

I'd choose Mattherson for your TR at least, Mattherson needs more TR. Also the fights on Mattherson during Prime Time are as epic as they come.:cool:
    • Up x 2
  4. MFP_TK_01

TR Waterson and NC Helios :D
    • Up x 2
  5. Total_Overkill

Not Waterson. You will smash your head against a desk repeatedly, mumbling "W.T.F is wrong with these people" over and over...

Unless you roll VS, then you will start to think you're a superior being...
    • Up x 1
  6. Dramma Lamma

Eh, I would reccomend you just pick the one that has the lowest ping on average for you.

Populations shift but how well the server runs for you will likely not shift.

USA (US West)
    Connery: 64.37.174.140, California
    Genudine: 64.37.174.143, California
    Helios: 64.37.174.140, California

USA (US EAST)
    Jaeger: 199.108.194.38, Virginia
    Mattherson: 199.108.194.38, Virginia
    SolTech: 199.108.194.39, Virginia
    Waterson: 199.108.194.41, Virginia

Use windows ping to get a rough idea of how well the server will run for you, test it a few times especially during peak hours and dead hours.
    In the start bar type in cmd to the search function. Command prompt should be one of the top options it finds, start the program.
    In that program type in: ping (server IP)
    So if I was going to ping hellios it would look like: ping 64.37.174.140

Try and pick the 2 servers that on average give you the lowest latency.

I hope this helps.
    • Up x 2
  7. ScrapyardBob

Good list, except that SolTech and Jaeger no longer exist as US EAST servers. It's must Mattherson & Waterson now.
    • Up x 1
  8. RedKestrel

I would advise against Waterson for both TR and NC. Right now we need more VS. I know many of you are probably thinking: "oh no, not this again." but its getting very crazy. I've killed more BR 1-10 players in the past week than when the game first came out.

Maybe exaggerating, but you get the point.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ghosy01

waterson tr help us make the server a 1 faction server:cool:
    • Up x 3
  10. joe smo

yes come! we have almost eliminated the VS and NC are looking like they are going the same way!
    help us to be the first server to win the war once and for all!
    Loyalty til Death! For The Republic!
    ;)
    • Up x 2
  11. Bill Hicks

dont come to helios if you are going to main NC.
    • Up x 1
  12. Oreo202

Just make sure you don't get sucked into the TE... mess, on your TR. Join an outfit like BWC.
    • Up x 1
  13. EliteEskimo

or 903/HNYB/WOLV/even small outfits like mine. Mattherson actually has a lot of decent-very skilled outfits. TE just hogs the spotlight because of BCP.
    • Up x 2
  14. CHDT65

Thanks all for your advices :)
  15. Sen7ryGun84

Briggs in Australia. All our women swoon over american accents, we need the numbers more than your local servers do, this game benefits slightly higher ping players, you wont notice any lag at all.
  16. Dramma Lamma

Genudine no longer exists either.

It's an old list and I just copy & pasted it from text file I have.

Wasn't sure with of the east ones were still around TY for info tho.