NC Scattercannon not hitting from very close

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Odan.be, May 12, 2013.

1. Odan.be

The scattercannon seems to have a problem when firing from close, sometimes it is like i am firing blanks ?
    is this known?
  2. Hiba

It's problem or bug with pretty much every MAX wespon.
    • Up x 1
  3. Pikachu

I had it yesterday with my slugmax. It rarely happens to MAX AI weapons though, which is what makes it so strange. It's unpredictable. With certain AV weapons it's the same always.
  4. Vadimir

Pretty much what Hiba & Pikachu said.

There is currently a known bug that affects all weapons which will intermittently cause your shots to fail to register. The other day I fired all 10 rounds of my Pandora into the back of an infiltrator without even breaking his shield. The bug seems to affect certain weapons more than others.

There is also a bug with MAX's convergence. As I'm sure you know MAX's have a convergence mechanic that auto aligns their shots with the closest target in their sights. However sometimes this bugs and you end up firing around the target rather than into them.

Plus there is a design flaw in the convergence mechanic in that it has a minimum convergence distance of ~5m. Below that is a dead zone whereby your guns simply will not converge. Good players know about this and will try and hug you to exploit it but a swift MAX punch will see to that ;).
  5. Odan.be

So if what you are saying is true:
    an nc scatmax with pellets has a range of ,lets say ,10 meters. but due to the bug/convergence I only have actually 5 meters to work with ? ... that's a verry narrow field of operation....
  6. Purg

Doesn't work quite like that. Should still be able to kill targets at 5m and less easily enough *most of the time*.

There appears to be isolated incidents where an infantry player can move close to you and from that point on, no matter how much distance you can put on them, your hits won't register. Punch still works but I typically sprint away since it takes two punches and you're probably already lost a bunch of health at that point. I've never been able to consistently recreate it. Similarly was getting the AA no damage bug for a good couple of hours on and off yesterday - first time in a long time.
  7. martane665

have same issue at close distance hits registering with dual mercies/onslaughts between 7-15 meters, just tested in live bio lab fight. Hoping it's a correctable glitch.
  8. OldMaster

The same for dual pounder. It's not occasional: it always works that way.