Would you trade cloak for silent footsteps?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Hoki, May 9, 2013.

1. Hoki

Trade in your advanced predator cloak for...

Tabi boots

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. MNO

3. Ztiller

God no. :eek:

That's like asking me "Would you trade your Sirius for a Beamer?"
  4. Hoki

What about walk silent and a grappling hook?

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  5. Scan

Not a bad idea. I could see myself use this.

For instance for those very intense "cat/mouse" encounters in a low populated outpost, where you as an infiltrator are fighting about 3+ enemies.

I listen for footsteps quite intently when being assigned to capture satelite bases, and not having my footsteps make a noise, would give me a far greater advantage than my cloak (noisy) would.

So, yes I would, but not at the cost of not being able to use cloak at all. :)
    • Up x 2
  6. Rift23

I'd trade it for radar/spot immunity. There's plenty of ways to be sneaky without relying on a glitch-prone gimmick.
  7. Ztiller

Or i could just play Light Assault in that case.

Nope. The cloak is far too useful.
  8. DCWarHound

Nope,BF3's footsteps were louder and most people didn't even notice them.

Footsteps in this game is near none-existent.

I've tried sitting in a hiding spot trying to hear footsteps,a guy come up the stairs and starts looking around.I go invisible and watch him run around looking for me (must be blind not to see me) and while he was looking for me i couldn't help but notice that i could only hear footsteps if he was right next to me,right above me or right below me.The sound radius for footsteps are prob very low.

I practically relied entirely on listening for footsteps in BF3 while camping a building so i don't have to look around every now and again,had to adapt in PS2 since the game gives you little awareness on infantry level.
  9. Dr. Euthanasia

Footsteps? No. I'd trade my cloak for radar and spotting immunity, silent spotting, and perhaps a measurable increase in movement speed.
    • Up x 4
  10. Hoki

Nah man you can hear footsteps from far away. I was looking at the new crown this afternoon and I could hear a max from from the bridge. Its probably a lot further for maxes but still, turn off the music and pay attention when nobody is shooting, footsteps are easy to hear from a considerable distance. Especially jumps down a ledge are very loud, any kind of falling off a 3 inch ledge. RATTLE
    • Up x 1
  11. A 59 c

hmmm, I'd want more goodies Hoki, what else do you have to offer..?
    • Up x 1
  12. Sockpuppet

this
    • Up x 1
  13. Nyscha

You can already reduce the sounds of your footsteps.

Crouch and then switch to a pistol or to make it even silent you can go into ADS.

Works best as an infiltrator I use it all the time to get behind people and shoot them in the head.
  14. Manetheren

I would trade my footsteps for silent cloak.
  15. OldMaster80

Nope.
    Mainly because silent walking will probably come in the game as implants, availble to everyone.
    Then I think I've never heard Infilrators footsteps.
  16. Helwyr

This is much like asking Heavy Assault whether they would trade their extra shield for their second primary weapon. The Infiltrator should have access to both.

Nevertheless, I can answer the question, I would definitely choose radar immunity over a 12 second partial invisibility cloak that makes loud distinct noises. If PS2 had a decent amount of cover (crosses fingers for Hossin) the cloak would just be a bonus definitely not a necessity for stealth type gameplay. After all when I played Darkfall which had much more cover there was no cloaking/invisibility, but also no radar outside of cheaters/hacks, and the stealth gameplay was in much better shape than in PS2.
  17. Ravenorth

[IMG]

According to this, VS Infiltrators should have quieter footsteps, but obviously someone in the Material Lab screwed up our gear... too much nanites maybe...
    • Up x 1
  18. Booface

Absolutely would go for that switch.
  19. Stinneyt

I think we should move a lot faster than we currently do.
    As a bonus it would be nicer if we did so more quietly.
  20. CptFirelord

This ^