[Suggestion] The Vortex's

Discussion in 'MAX' started by crixusthegaul, May 8, 2013.

1. crixusthegaul

So i'm a religious VS player on Ceres (BR-45) and recently i'm one of the "idiots" that have bought the dual vortex's for my MAX and i have to say i do not regret the decision

My only gripe with them is that they are meant for long distance anti vehicle destruction and although 6 Charged up shots with each gun (which takes 30 seconds to do with reload) will kill a TR heavy tank, i feel that there should be a constant damage amount at any range as it makes them weak at distance but powerful at close range which is not when the Vortex is supposed to be used, that's the job of the Comet.

I'm also not complaining about the TR or NC rocket launchers as i have heard the TR's rockets create a lot of smoke and a lot of recoil so make it hard to keep constant fire and the NC launcher has horrible turning and is imprecise the longer the distance is.

I just hope that the damage can be knocked off at say 450m instead of 150m as it is now and that is my humble suggestion :)
  2. CoffeeBreak

I though that SOE's plan was to make sidegrades that were actually upgrades in disguise to make us spend money. All the Vortex did for me was make me appreciate my Comets.
    • Up x 1
  3. l3ob

I completely agree with you. As a fellow "idiot", if you will, I love my new vortexes. Though I'm pretty sure they have less dps than comets. I mostly use charged shots. I will say that they can actually hit moving vehicles with a consistency much higher than the comets. I think thats meant to be the balance between the two.

As much as it would be nice to get the long range damage buff, I'm thinking that the damage drop off was put in there for the specific reason that it wouldn't be too effective at long range. After all, even as a MAX you're just a tiny silhouette to a tank from 300 meters out.

To add something I would like is the ability to hold charged shots so I can use them a bit easier against infantry and more effectively in the duck-in-and-out-of-cover tactic against tanks. I've literally been gunned down from full health by a single heavy assault once.
  4. MasterTater

I see my Vanu friend - and if you REALLY DONT complain about the TR/NC overpowered good against everything on all ranges with highest DMG MAX unit weapon equivalents - then I have to agree with your statement that you Sir are actually
    which promote complete weapon power unbalance on the game. Period.
  5. asteldian

My only gripe with them is:
    They look crap
    They are charge weapons
    Their damage is terrible if not charged and still disappointing charged
    Fully charged I get 4 shots per reload compare that to the others

The good thing is they make me feel better about the comet. The bad thing is it then made me compare the stats of the other factions and realise that our comet is a naff version of their weapons (we get 2 shots per mag for 475, the others have like 300+ per shot and 10 or 12 shot mags!)

Not that I want their weapons nerfed, I am just tired of the **** they give Vanu thinking its a great idea - stop giving me charged weapons and stop making our weapons look like crap
  6. crixusthegaul

I agree with the held charge mode defiantly but I think that it could be a problem with MAX mobility

I also would also like to see a rapid fire mode seeing as the other 2 launchers are capable of being fully automatic. Maybe you can change the fire mode to only single shot the vortex's to help at a shorter range
  7. Ronin Oni

Comet has faster TTK than the new Vortex (TR and NC get faster TTK's with their new AV's)

Comet is slower TTK than the TR/NC original weapons.

Basically... VS has the SLOWEST TTK's of all AV's, no matter what they do. By a LARGE margin.

Sunderer takes over 20 seconds with VS

only 12 seconds with Ravens. 10 with Fractures. (Ravens have advantage of guidance... worth it IMO).

This is inexcusable. Why should the VS require twice the time to kill vehicles with their AV MAXes?
  8. bodmans

well, since SOE has almost 0 creativity considering Vanu(see thread in my sig), i dont need another lancer on a less mobile platform.
  9. TheHolyDuck