[Science] Claymores: They'll get you, and your little dog, too.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Tyzh, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Ztiller

I think they have a 90 degree angle.

The Claymore is very useful if used precisely as you described. The issue is with all the morons who can't figure it out, and place them in the middle of the doorway for all the world to see and then cry when it doesn't work.
  2. Bloodmyth

Excellent work, thanks :)
  3. Bloodmyth

This is true, yes there's no doubt it's easier to see, so why would you put it in an open space, I still get tons of cheap kills with them :)
  4. iller

I shot some yesterday that didn't have any green lights.
    Definitely an Animation VS player distance cache glitch....

But it doesn't change the fact that Mine models are DAMN EASY TO SPOT even without frigging Rave party lighting coming off them. The change to our Betties was totally uncalled for. No one misses these things now, and when they see them, they don't think "Mmmm Doughnuts"...
    • Up x 1
  5. Tyzh

There may be new glitches or fewer glitches by now. This test is almost 6 months old and SOE doesn't record these sorts of things in it's change logs very well.
  6. khai

My main problem with claymores is that you cannot place them directly against objects because you need to be facing the direction they will target. If the reverse was true we could trap cover and capture points instead of the middle of the floor. I know you can sometimes get on top of whatever and drop it but even then its not that close to the object.
  7. Jordonp

I agree that maybe they should face towards you when you place them, though one fun thing to do with claymores is to use them like a shotgun. Sneak up behind someone and drop one, since it is directional, it will explode and only kill them.

I like claymores better than other faction mines, they require you to think more where you place them, but I find they are a lot more successful because the enemy doesn't have to step directly on the mine.

If you place one on the inside of a room at the edge of a doorway(not in the doorway), you can get someone almost every time because they cannot see it until it's too late. If you put a NC/VS mine in the same spot, they probably won't step on it, and if you place the mine in the doorway they can easily see it with night vision.
  8. BobroWexNC

last night i was playing with my LA and i must of stepped on about 4 mines in a row (dont know if they where VS or TR) and i survived with only about 4 bars of sheild gone... every one shook me and screen flashed red but no damage. i was capping a point too and all alone so for that to happen i felt lucky! the first one i did jump over (through a doorway) but it still clearly got me, the other 3 in quick succession i ran over in the small room! it was like the cartoon where they stand on a rake and then turn and stand on another and another!!..
  9. Cymoril

Will tank mines "trigger" if a max walks by it ?
  10. m44v

No, MAXes trigger AP mines, not AT ones.
    • Up x 2
  11. Cymoril

Ok thank you. I thought I saw on a post elsewhere they triggered AV ones. I just wanted to make sure.
  12. Zcuron

Because it's a directed blast, you can place two claymores in a row without having them blow each other up.
    You can also be right behind it without killing yourself when an enemy shows up.

And yes, Xiphos's post is very old.
  13. Tyzh

They do indeed trigger AP mines, but AT mines will instagib a MAX if you detonate it while they are on it. Maybe put an AP mine down next to an AT mine. Bwahaha.
    • Up x 2
  14. m44v

you can also place two claymores right behind a MAX without getting caught in the explosion. With Betties I have to bait them into stepping them.
  15. DCWarHound

I love placing mine around corners,remember if you are placing it in a pathway then the claymore has to hit the back of the enemy.If the enemy comes from the front of the claymore then chances are that he's gonna survive without taking any damage.
  16. Cymoril

I usually put mine at the elevator "up" points. So they come up over the side then BOOM! If no flak protection. and rinse and repeat for resetting my mines.
  17. Get2dachoppa

Yeah, I've been on the receiving end of that setup a couple times. The worst is when you see the trap but its too late to do anything about it as you're coming down. Makes me glad I run flak armor.
  18. Cymoril

I'll keep an eye out for ya. I have all 3 factions on Matherson. The server merge gave me 2 and then i said - heck with it- and made up my VS last. I notice that the TR try the most for the crown so I usually defend it and biolabs. When the fun is gone I switch to my main server- then play NWN if it stinks.