Tanks, planes, cloakers, maxes, turrets, snipers, I hardly get killed by regular infantry.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Captain Kid, May 6, 2013.

1. Captain Kid

Except in Biolabs off course.
    Is this your experience as well?

I sometimes feel I'm an idiot for sneaking, flanking the enemy using crouch to stay hidden, getting in position to get that kill. It takes a long time and effort just to be killed by that sniper because I was stupid enough not to follow the zerg and use adadad even at range.
  2. MFP_TK_01

When did cloakers and snipers become 2 separate classes and not be classified as regular infantry? or max's for that matter.
    • Up x 1
  3. RomulusX

I get killed by HA's all the time it feels like
  4. Crashsplash

I hardly ever get killed by tanks and aircraft, except when I am in a tank myself.

Playstyle I guess.
  5. MarlboroMan-E

Completely playstyle related, I get killed by infantry 85% of the time. Of course, when I see a max, I run away to set the conditions rather than try to fight him head on. Same with tanks. Can't remember the last time I got rocketpodded. Don't bring a knife to a gunfight, don't bring an infantryman to a tank fight.
    • Up x 1
  6. BCKrogoth

Since when did cloakers and snipers cease to be infantry?

I get killed by infantry all the time, far more than everything else.
  7. Tamas

Why can't we dislike such plain whining?
    • Up x 1
  8. Captain Kid

Soo. what do you do if there is a fight in between bases?
    I don't use the Magrider I think the controls are absolute garbage and my Lightning get's blown up pretty quickly. (read: instant)
  9. DreamlessLiberty

It's boring that's for sure. My K/D went up driving around in a MBT big surprise. There are MBTs everywhere. And mine got one shotted by a rocketpod so this baloney about making tanks invulnerable to a rocket pod pass is just that, baloney. Makes it tougher to be HA. You can put an AA gun as your secondary on a MBT so wth. Now I'm seeing piles of MBTs with low flying ESFs dominating areas. They float around until point caps and I twiddle my thumbs, nothing to shoot at. Sunderers with the infantry lemming spawn was way more fun. Playing this game has turned into fishing. You cast your rod hoping to catch an epic infantry battle. In the meantime you wait for cap point timers to run down in your MBT surrounded by MBTs and ESFs.
  10. Ash87

So since this is deevolving into more Anti-MBT buff stuff...

Folks, a big thing on the test server now, is improving base design to limit MBT and regular tank contributions to base battles. Go check it out. Currently many indar bases are getting remade, so that if you are in an MBT, you can fight To the base, but once you get To the base, you wont be able to do a whole lot, except shoot at the walls, and occasionally get the lone moron who wandered out of the protection of buildings.
    • Up x 2
  11. CoffeeBreak

The majority of my deaths recently are from friendly tanks that continue to fire at objects that are completely covered by friendly players and by low BR teamkiller alts. Mainly, low BR teamkiller alts. Seems to be one my servers TR's new favorite strategies.

BTW I'd love to know what SOE's stand is on this. As long as it's becoming a fight to fight occurrance I want to know if it is allowed.
  12. smokemaker

Tanks, planes, cloakers, maxes, turrets, snipers, I hardly get killed by regular infantry.

Move more.
    Camp less.
    Every example you just listed off, requires its target to be slow or unmoving against infantry.
  13. Sam the sheepdog

I agree. Playstyle is mostly to blame. Infantry is powerful in numbers. If you leave the team, you're a target. If a dozen people move to flank, you have cover. If one person moves to flank, you're going solo into enemy territory.
  14. DreamlessLiberty

So outside the base will be tank wars and inside the base will be doom with jetpacks. And my rocket launcher will be nothing more than a 100lb totem I carry around which creates a spiritual gateway to the gods whenever I fire a rocket to attain sanctification in the hopes of a higher K/D. This is completely different for sure. Where do snipers fit in? I'm used to 500m sniping. How do I get a lock-on with air with all the buildings in the way? Is the base going to have a big AA bubble shield or will I get strafed down alleys?
  15. Captain Kid

That was actually my second point, this game penalizes you for taking cover, sneaking, taking position etc.

So you're saying I should follow the zerg mindlessly like lemmings to the slaughter all the while going adadad when shooting?

Edit.
    Perhaps I should get a suppressor, I forgot every time I shoot I show up on radar.. (stupid game design but whatever)
  16. PhiladelphiaCollins

Not sure if it's what you were going for but I'm just picturing some HA walking around with a rocket launcher of some variety looking for something to kill and this immediately came to mind...

[IMG]

just replace grenade with rocket launcher...

He's not talking about sneaking and taking cover...but camping, sitting in one location for an indeterminate amount of time. Then expecting not to get found and shelled to ****.

Also not sure how it's a "stupid game design"...when you're firing a weapon that makes noises, in a scenario involving high tech future soldiers...it stands to reason that it should give away your relative position.
  17. MarlboroMan-E

Spawn a mossie. I always preferred infantry fights in PS1, and came to PS2 beta planning on the same. The bases quickly disabused me of that notion, so I learned to fly...but I always fly to the next best infantry fight, knocking out libs on the way.
  18. Hosp

It is a play-style thing. And you're either zerging it, part of an organized outfit squad, or Lone Wolfing. And the game doesn't cater to lone wolves, though if you do go solo, it's also not impossible to b effective. So your options are Run with the zerglings, run with an outfit, or get better as an individual.
  19. Klondik3

And this is an improvement? Tanks are only thing left from strategic play because when they get destroyed they don't respawn in a few seconds like infantry does.

Welcome to Base TDM, may the larger infantry zerg win...
  20. DreamlessLiberty

You can jump out of the tank before it explodes and get a second life.