VS MAX

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Shinjii, May 5, 2013.

1. Predatorv2

I now have a VS MAX with maxed out "kinetic armor 5" and double nebulas with mag size upgrades. I also possess double bursters and dual cosmos. Kinetic Armor 5 and Nebulas really own the **** out of everything in CQB. No exceptions. Even double Hacksaw Maxes run out of their increased mag due to my kinectic armor and i can easily own them with double nebulas into their heads. If you try to play the MAX as a long range weapon, you are doing something wrong. Nebula Maxes in Close Quarter all the way!

OR you can use the double cosmos. They are pinpoint accurate (have been fixed, the projectiles won't cross after around 100-200m and then deviate even further, but gonna fly next to each others until eternity) and deal massive Anti Tank damage. Their only disadvantage is their slow projectile speed, but you can easily compensate for that with experience and good aiming. You can even have a lot of fun, "sniping" enemy infantry with the cosmos.
  2. Kail

Granted I haven't had time to really play in the last two weeks, but I have personally experienced times where I've been missing every bullet on a guy who was standing still until I took a few steps backwards or forwards.

That said, its a very rare thing to happen. But I brought it up as a tip just incase anyone does have it happen to them to just try moving forwards/backwards (as the most instinctual movement when fighting is lateral)
    • Up x 1
  3. Quiiliitiila

Could you explain your reasoning behind saying there is "no deadzone"? Almost every MAX player on all three factions have experienced the phenomena, so if it's not some sort of deadzone, what is it?
  4. Quiiliitiila

I think you meant to say dual COMETS not dual Cosmos'. The Cosmos' are pretty trashy even after their "fix", the Comets are pretty sweet, always have been :D
  5. CoffeeBreak

This is my setup. And thankfully you and I are the only two players in the game using it so it won't be nerfed lol.

For me I just play it like a big, more durable HA. Just have to acknowledge that people will try to C-4 you and fire rockets at you. Keep your eyes open, don't stand still like those Hackmaxes that like to hangout in doorways and run around like your an big infantry guy. Laugh as they unload their rifles and shotguns into you as they drop in 1-2 seconds while your healthbar dropped maybe 1-2 bars.
  6. KorJax

The comets that the vanu get are the best default AV max weapon in the game. The vortex's (the new weapons) are actually the worst AV weapons in the game for any class.

I really love comets though. They are pretty damn lethal against infantry, are super fast, and downright deadly against vehicles if you land every shot and hit the sides/rear. Because of their fast speed and lack of bullet drop they are excellent at killing stationary vehicles at any range, and moving vehicles (especially big sundys) at 150m or so out.

Max out explosion-resist armor, and tanks will hate how they will never be able to beat you one on one with dual comets.

the VS max does do noticeably worse than the other max's though at anti-infantry, and the new anti-vehicle max weapons that the other factions have are some of the best AV in the game.
  7. Tungsten

Well what i have been told is that it is the hitbox breaking. Everything i have experienced supports that over the convergence theory. To make my point if you experience the issue after sometime you will be able to hit the person again even if both of you are in the same place as when it started. If the bug was convergence i would be able to draw a triangle in front of me where i will never hit someone.

And i have moved forwards, backwards, sideways, paused, reloaded, jumped, crouched, and dashed into people with the bug and it does nothing.

Food for thought: people say there is a range in which a deadzone will happen but how does a person tell if they have a deadzone or are simply missing at long range?
  8. Quiiliitiila

Thanks for the clarification; now that I know what you're talking about it does make more sense than a deadzone and would also explain why the devs haven't really done anything about it.