Helios I just don't understand

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SNAFUS, May 4, 2013.

1. SNAFUS

OK so recently me and some of my Outfit mates have started having regular incursions into Helios. And oh my we have found the farm paradise. I really don't want to make unfair decisions based on my limited experience, so I will give it much more attention. But for some reason they almost refuse to pull AA as even our most in experienced pilots are able to empty multiple magazines into the infantry zerg mass with no losses. I really hope you guys can start a regular training ops within your outfits and push for AA usage. Because if you are merged into Connery as is the farm will be the stuff of legend.

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428064605488590689/killboard/?view=timeline
  2. rumblepit

3. ROCKFIISH

I I don't know what Helios your playing on. It has the same AA mess everywhere, I play on connery as well so I can copmpare. Maybe it is just certain factions on Helios ull more AA, NC and VS seem to have at least one AA max at every base when i'm flying around. In fact Connery has less AA but more experienced pilots to worry about.

EDIT: Posting your kil board, seems average.
  4. NC_Edacyn

Generalization for the win
    • Up x 1
  5. Hibiki54

Cool story bro.
    • Up x 3
  6. WillJenkx

Gonna jump in here and let you know that AA on Connery is insane. A few kills in an ESF or even getting spotted in an ESF and you'll have 2-3 bursters pulled from a spawn room or sunderer. We have people who pull skyguards on an extremely regular basis to troll aircraft, or set up flak parties deep inside enemy territory. Playing on Helios (the server I started this game on) after coming from Connery is easy mode. It feels like I have cheat codes on, it really does. Infantry do not react, the enemy ESF fly in straight lines, libs do not react until they're on fire, infantry will shoot you with their small arms while standing still. If I had to compare this to anything, it feels like Helios is Unreal Tournament on bot mode against level 1 bots, while Connery is actual multiplayer. I'm sorry, that's just how it seems.
    • Up x 2
  7. Llaf

Yea, my killboard looks alot like that lately too, except with ground stuff not air. NC is pretty easy to farm until the vets show up, before then, rank 1s everywhere.
    • Up x 1
  8. SNAFUS

Wrong sir AA on Connery is quite a different story. ESF have to constantly bounce from battle to battle almost always skirmishing anything near medium to large fights. While on Helios I was able to hover over enemy platoons and farm with impunity. This hasn't been seen on Connery since launch. Though Connery does sport better ESF pilots from what I have seen the infantry allowing themselves to be farmed to me is almost sickening. I just can't understand why so many of these outfits allowed air to reign supreme. Someone better start cracking a whip on Helios or it will be a glorious day for all pilots if that merge ever comes.
    • Up x 1
  9. ROCKFIISH

Keep telling yourself that buddy. It is also pretty funy that you post about AA being OP and out of control. But yet you have a decent couple hours on Helios as VS (Kings of pulling nothing but AA), then say everyone should start pulling AA because you feel bad for them. What a joke of a thread. Putting up your kill board is just lame, I have played on Connery for 100hrs, you have played on Helios for 7hrs, get real.
    • Up x 1
  10. SNAFUS

And exactly on Connery AA is OP due to competent player base that utilize it to its full extent. While I float around Helios just soaking in the certs with an ESF and have no return fire. I think there was only one outfit that even pulled which was 82nd while every other group I came across just allowed the farm. I just can't grasp why such a large population of Helios don't use AA as it is so unbalanced currently. My outfit plans on doing many more ops into Helios now due to the easy mode aspect. I hope we are proven wrong but I just don't feel my opinion will be swayed as all the rumors have been true so far.
  11. ROCKFIISH

Your arrogance comes as a big surprise to me.
    • Up x 1
  12. BlakeA

Hey now RockFish, Snafu did start by saying something like "I hope I'm proven wrong but here is what I see so far" so he is not trying to be insulting.

As a part time Mosquito pilot on Connery I can tell you that unless I'm utterly alone, I keep my attacks down to 3-6 seconds before breaking off. If one tracer round flies past me I will evade because from past experiences on connery I could be at 20% health in 5 seconds and then start getting followed by enemy air.

A buddy of mine said "Enemy clown car spotted". Then I saw 6 AA maxes pop out and bring 3 liberators to black smoke in under 15 seconds. These "clown cars" are often very mobile, changing position every minute and can be found camping warpgates. Very unfortunate if your in the game for 30 seconds and the first time you load the flak effect is when your exploding :)

Is this the kind of stuff you see on Helios RockFish? Just out of curiosity how many anti air Liberators you see on Helios?
  13. ROCKFIISH

I see your point. Yes I have seen those things on Helios and Matherson (where I play VS). In fact I spent the last couple months in SE warpgate fighting to keep the NC off our cliffs on a regular basis. My point in general is no matter which server I play on AA is always a constant, go to a tower fight and you will find 2 to 3 AA maxes up top no matter which server your on. Sometimes you get lucky and have good days, some days you run into "Clown cars". AA is not server dependant, players know that by puling a max you can effectively take care of air, from Europe to the US, it's no secret. The only difference in AA between connery, Helios, and Matherson is on my alts I have to worry about non stop striker spam, where as when I play TR I don't have to worry about it.

EDIT: Missed the part of libs, definetly more skilled Liberator crews on Connery and Matherson from my perspective. Everytime I see a VS Liberator on connery I look for a good place to run to before engaging. I think on Helios you will only find one NC crew doing those things.
  14. Paperlamp

Which is somewhat odd because VS/NC can use annihilator squads to the same effect. Less damage to libs but 10-20 annihilators can deny/kill almost as much air as 10-20 strikers. Or the G2A launchers I suppose. I guess HAs just have a tendency to use whatever their ESL is regardless of the situation?

Personally I have an annihilator but I pull dual bursters over it most of the time, but I haven't joined any lock-on squads.
  15. Nogrim313

oh you'll learn, its died down recently as people fled the sky's due to the over abundance of AA, its all still here were just used to having nothing to shoot at because the pilots gave up long ago, if Air makes a big resurgence AA will the same night
  16. ROCKFIISH

I think it is mainly this. Don't get me wrong though I always run fully certed flares because I do get locked onto on a regular basis playing TR. The fact that a striker can come so close to putting me in the red with one clip makes you think twice before ignoring a lock. Where as if i'm TR it is usually only one guy and I might choose to risk getting hit to finish off the ESF or tank. I have been surprised more than once though when it wasn't one guy.
  17. vaxx

So you roll VS on a server that is need of TR....ok.
    You Rocketpod to your 300 kills...ok
    You act like you know how the server is from your short time on Helio....ok

Makes sense :rolleyes:

I don't even fly much, and have had runs like that. Some nights I find it easy, some nights, cant get 100m without dodging AA. Its like that on Waterson as well.

Love the trash talk coming from Connery folks already. Your so badass. Is that why your server is on "Low" most of the time? As much as I would like to see a TR pop increase, I would rather be stuck with a low pop faction that take the dolts from Connery. The reason I left that server was the obnoxious mouth breathers that infest it. I thought that all had changed, until I see more and more posts like these...
    • Up x 1
  18. Llaf

Do you ever attack the TR? Due to NCs overpopulated suicidal reaver/lib spam, we usually have a ton of AA, most TR on Helios are longtime vets that have been here since release, and so most people have some kind of AA unlocked, and most heavies have strikers. We don't have very many pilots and I don't see much air support very often, but most platoons I've been in in the past few months bust out a redonkulous amount of AA when the NC reaver spam starts.
    • Up x 1
  19. SNAFUS

Here is the biggest issue to me with the current Helios situation. The large amount of new players that are all over your server are allowing themselves to be farmed. Now this is great for the farmer but on a different server like Connery with fewer newer players this behavior isn't seen unless you chase low pop continents. The problem comes in when the Devs have to make decisions on balance based off of metrics. Now with so many players allowing aspects of the game to farm with little risk "air" they are hurting the metrics. I should never be able to safely farm over enemy platoons as the game gives infantry so many OP factors to counter vehicles.

So I wanted to really start this thread to bring attention to a problem on Helios. And that problem is players are not using counters to threats that are devastating them. I feel this can be fixed with any and all experienced outfits on each faction to start helping the masses by teaching them proper ways to counter threats. From my perspective of what I have seen on Helios I feel sorry for any dev who has to balance the game based on the numbers. As game play was so different on the two servers I just don't know how they can fix it for both. The easiest way to help them in my opinion is bring Helios up to standard and help stop throwing vehicle numbers out of whack due to so many people allowing themselves to be farmed.
  20. vaxx

This isn't a balance thread no matter how you try and mask it. Your trying feed an ego, and saying Helios has so much to learn from a Connery person.

Saying both servers play so differently is funny since your time is Helios is small. I play on two servers mainly and can say they are different, not one better or more ignorant than the other. At least I have the time played to make an informed opinion.

Too many variables to take into account. Like I said, I lost respect when you roll Vanu on a server that needs TR not VS. Should have tried Waterson. Second, you really act like you are "pro" with a few runs lolpodding. And lastly, as someone mentioned, were you not crying for AA nerfs?