TR Fracture - the new scatmax?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Onyxinator, May 3, 2013.

1. Skeith

sooooo we should buff the vortex instead of whining about a perfectly balanced weapon?
  2. Kociboss

Nerf TR. Nerf TR. Nerf TR.
  3. Tungsten

EA. BF3 was just one step away from selling guns it can only go downhill.

-Not to be confused with the time they tried to sell real guns with the MOH release-
  4. SinerAthin

Wat? :confused:
  5. Itermerel

when I tried out the new anti vehicle weapons I was in shock at how good fracture was against infantry, it was basically the weapon I've always wanted for max. good against vehicles and good against infantry at close AND range.

too bad VS gets the lousy vortex which is worse than comet, especially against infantry.
  6. Dreadnaught Wrex

its okay against infantry unless they stand still. Half the people seems to think that a fracture MAX is weak close range. So they will stand still or run straight at us. But if they move side to side or anything like skilled players do, we have issues taking them out.
  7. Roarboar

go play battlefield then and gtf.o.
  8. Cryptek

And yes the Vortex is in dire need of buffing.
  9. nitram1000

Right, yes this thing needs a massive nerf against infantry.

Why should VS be useful against Vehicles only and the TR as usual get an overpowered weapon that can do damage to both? The population of TR is already 43% on Miller, with VS declining by the day. FFS SoE sort it out.

http://www.battlefield.com/uk/battlefield-4
  10. Souleater

The Fracture really isn't that deadly to infantry. Yes, it will kill them after several hits but it ain't no ScatMAX. The bigger issue is how irksome the Vortex is to using attacking vehicles. Not being able to hold the charge is particularly annoying. I much prefer the Comet.
  11. dylon

NCS isn't op and is probably the most balanced it can kill infil at long to mid range but at close range is almost impossible its actually good that NC got a long range max weapon. and you can easily run away from it if you are smart while fracture is to fast i only think its going to be op with lock down tho i was on indar today at a tower 3 TR maxes with lock down fractures made it almost impossible to go outside with out getting pubbled. but you can also say the same to busters in lock down.
  12. dylon

i must ask a random question how did you get that banner that shows your stats?
  13. Doctor?

14. CptFirelord

Not sure if troll... or just ignorant as hell.

I've posted multiple times about this weapon... 4 direct hits to kill an infantry vs. 1/2 for the VS/NC. Greater splash than the NC and VS, but still not noticeable and does less damage with the splash. The VS COMET and stock NC AV weapon does more damage, kills quicker, and has less drop than our ES weapon. Quit QQing, we've finally gotten something balanced and all you do is cry.
  15. Moneypants

Yeah, as someone who's a MAX enthusiast across all factions, I have to vote with the folks who say to leave the Fracture alone. The Fracture and Comet are solid AV weapons, but they're not inherently good against infantry... It requires a combination of skill on the part of the operator, and bad timing and/or foolishness on the part of the victim.

Even in VR against inanimate objects, you can see that direct hits are required against infantry... Now get into a combat situation. Now try to hit a strafing target at 25m, while you're also strafing. Now try to hit an LA buzzing over your head when there's 3 seconds left between victory and early retirement.

I primarily do VS at the moment because I have a good group of players on there (and Waterson NC is dumb as a box of rocks), but when I see a TR Frak MAX I don't panic but I don't scoff at it either. The good gunners will hit me strafing at 50m with a Zealot speed burst; the bad ones get their heads blown off and then blame it on game mechanics. I don't begrudge the TR MAXes for having a weapon that can actually kill me, and any time I've been killed by a Frak MAX I can tell you exactly what decisions I made that led to it. SOMETIMES IT'S EVEN MY FAULT.

And, as someone who's ridden in MAXes of all three colors, I could go on for days about all of the poor life choices that MAX targets make. Infiltrators blatantly trying to ping me on open ground at 50m, Engineers bull-rushing me with their shiny new Underbosses, Heavies standing dead still and doing the old spray-and-pray hoping that their LMG will win the day. Guys, stop and reflect for a minute. Ask yourselves about what you did between stepping out of the spawn tube and getting Ye Olde Skull And Crossbones. At the end of the day you can't nerf good aim, and you can't buff Stupid.

If there's anything that makes me weep, it's what they did to the Falcons. I LOVED them, and that's why I use Comets now because they're the closest thing to a successor. I was off of my NC character for so long that I didn't even know they'd changed them, but when I saw the changes I was devastated. With the old Falcons and good aim, you could stand at The Crown and knock infantry off the hill north of Crossroads... Now you can't hit anything with reflexes faster than a hunk of granite.
    • Up x 2
  16. Zcuron

Numbers drawn from {-here-}.

Vortex;
    105 * 12 = 1260
    200 * 6 = 1200
    295 * 4 = 1180

Fracture;
    340 * 10 = 3400 (total, direct)
    315 * 10 = 3150 (direct)
    25 * 10 = 250 (splash)

Feel free to point out the error~~
  17. ColdCheezePizza

my poor Falcons :( they could have just released Falcon V.2, instead of killing them off completely. They were one of the most skilled Max weapons, but once you mastered the arc, man did they reward you with a stealth weapon that was lethal against infantry and did decent damage against armor.
  18. Purg

Being a user of all three, I completely agree with your assessment. I also miss my Falcons. At this point I have very little bias at all to any faction, especially since I've bought ~15 weapons each on all three with SC.

Of all three new MAX AV, I like the Fractures the least and the Vortex the most by a massive margin. I like ZOE, don't mind Lockdown (but haven't really been in a position to take maximum advantage of it - partly my fault, partly the abilities fault) and slowly starting to warm to the shield - it actually got me out of a situation in a Tech Plant where Charge probably wouldn't have. How I didn't die there was a PS2 miracle.

Vortex AV against actual vehicles at range just can't be beat. Their standoff range is just insane. Ravens are hampered by having a 300m range as well as being difficult to hit multiple rounds on mobile targets. Simply putting the pipper on the target isn't good enough when it's moving at a slow speed - good luck doing any noticeable damage when it's at full speed. Fractures, maybe it's just not clicked with me yet. Against infantry up close, I die. Against infantry at range, if they stand still, they die but that's been rare at this point. Against mobile vehicles, a little better than the Ravens, a lot worse than the Vortex. Statistically, it's by far my worst AV weapon but I haven't used it anywhere near as much as the other two.

As for Infiltrators. You just got to laugh when they paint a nice fat target on their head by dropping my MAX health by 2 points. I almost always run nanite so it's back to full health in a little over 10 seconds. Used to love dropping Falcons on their head - been told off a few times doing that, too. :D
  19. Purg

Being a user of all three, I completely agree with your assessment. I also miss my Falcons. At this point I have very little bias at all to any faction, especially since I've bought ~15 weapons each on all three with SC.

Of all three new MAX AV, I like the Fractures the least and the Vortex the most by a massive margin. I like ZOE, don't mind Lockdown (but haven't really been in a position to take maximum advantage of it - partly my fault, partly the abilities fault) and slowly starting to warm to the shield - it actually got me out of a situation in a Tech Plant where Charge probably wouldn't have. How I didn't die there was a PS2 miracle.

Vortex AV against actual vehicles at range just can't be beat. Their standoff range is just insane. Ravens are hampered by having a 300m range as well as being difficult to hit multiple rounds on mobile targets. Simply putting the pipper on the target isn't good enough when it's moving at a slow speed - good luck doing any noticeable damage when it's at full speed. Fractures, maybe it's just not clicked with me yet. Against infantry up close, I die. Against infantry at range, if they stand still, they die but that's been rare at this point. Against mobile vehicles, a little better than the Ravens, a lot worse than the Vortex. Statistically, it's by far my worst AV weapon but I haven't used it anywhere near as much as the other two.

As for Infiltrators. You just got to laugh when they paint a nice fat target on their head by dropping my MAX health by 2 points. I almost always run nanite so it's back to full health in a little over 10 seconds. Used to love dropping Falcons on their head - been told off a few times doing that, too. :D
  20. Blackonyx

Fracture is a very balanced weapon right now. It is hard to hit ESFs and you really can't stop a good ESF from killing your fracture max but you can at least defend yourself some what.

Fractures can hurt infantry, from long range but you need 3 direct hits to actually kill infantry. Splash damage is minimal to infantry. The fracture is not a spray and pray type gun, nor does it kill as fast as a shot gun. The key to beating a fracture max, or anything else is this game, is to not stand still. I'll mow down any infantry that stand still and shoot at my fracture max, but I do the same in everything else I use in this game against people who stand still. Anyone else who jumps and moves around, I'll miss and getting those 3 hits takes time, though usually not enough time for them to take down a max at full health, as it should be. If I am already damage or they have C4, they can actually beat my max. This is a LTP issue, not a nerf issue.

Against armor the fracture is perfect. SOE got the balance right here. The fracture max and take down armor, but must use hit and run tactics to beat a MBT (note lockdown is only useable it getting the MBT an easy Kill). A MBT needs two hits on the max, the max generally needs a clip and a half but is harder to hit. It isn't that different than a heavy assault taking on a Max with a rocket launcher.

There is no nerf needed. People do need to try this thing out, in actual combat, not the worthless VR, to see how hard it is to really use the fracture max and that it is indeed inline with other guns in this game.

This is simply a Learn To Play issue.