GU08 Weapon and Attachment Changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by joshua, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Bill Hicks

OK so when I see a sunderer about to blow up can I repair it? no why DONT I GET THE CHANCE? how is it fair that I cannot fix a tank but the engineer needs more of a "chance" last time I checked an engineer can easily own a heavy in cqc. I get killed by solstices and trac 5 all day.
  2. Turiel =RL=

I don't know about you guys, but it is clear to me that this patch is supposed to provide people with an incentive to buy new weapons. Everything that was good will certainly be worse. Actually it is not surprising since this is the business-model after all. We don't pay $15 subscription each month, so they want to make us spend at least $15 for other reasons. This game will be all around constantly replacing useless stuff, so everything we buy now must end up being useless in one way or the other.
  3. Patrician

There is; the attachments effectiveness is being reduced and the 6x scope is going to have a "sway" component added. They're both nerfs.
  4. laziffer

Patchnotes: "All shotguns with a 20 meter max damage range had that max range reduced to 18 meters"

Should this be "All shotguns with a 20 meter min damage range had that min range reduced to 18 meters"?
    Because there are no shotguns with a 20 meter max damage range, but a lot of them got a 20 meters min damage range
  5. exeAlpha

"Right now the forward grip is the only non-optics attachment without a negative to offset its bonus. Post-patch the forward grip will be gaining a small weapon swap time penalty, which only applies when swapping to the weapon with the forward grip attached."

lol... god no. Its a goddamn shooter ffs.
  6. ZaebashySoSOE

TR LC3 Jaguar - slow-firing(compared to VS) medium range carabin have more max horizontal recoil than any LMG ? WTF Higby, its Bullsh!t ! Return it to normal value, I bought it with real money. The only good medium range carabin for TR and you nerfing it to sh !t. With Lynx being for close combat and now have LMG horiz. recoil(T9 carv) its still have less RPM than vanus sticks.
    ....and not a single imba vanus pew-pew sticks have been nerfed that day, sure. VS weapons still have best RPM in this damn game. What are you smoking I wonder.
    • Up x 1
  7. Fenrys

Without taking into account the recoil and attachment changes, it looks like all the 'best' (IMO) carbines got nerfed overall.
    I'm about to spend some time in VR to see what the recoil changes are like.

NC Gauss Compact S
    Short Reload: 2.05 to 2.365 seconds

VS Solstice SF
    Long Reload: 2.65 to 2.78 seconds
    Short Reload: 1.730 to 1.875 seconds

TR LC3 Jaguar
    Long Reload: 3.85 to 3.88 seconds
    ***BUFF***Short Reload: 2.8 to 2.755 seconds
    Max horizontal recoil: 0.25 to 0.275
  8. laziffer

confirmed
  9. AnotherNoob

Well, atm heavies are by far the most common infantry class played, at least judging by kills per class I have, so yes, in line.
  10. ZaebashySoSOE

Milliseconds is nothing. The only nerf here is LC3 Jaguar and Lynx and they are shooting now like worst TR LMG and Higby buffed VS Ursa :
    Aimed accuracy, stand moving: 0.4 to 0.35
    Hip accuracy, crouch moving: 3 to 2.5
    Hip accuracy, stand: 3 to 2.5
    Hip accuracy, stand moving: 4 to 3.25
    Equip Time: 1.0 to 0.9 seconds
    Lke vanus weapons isn't enough imba so lets buff them more.
    • Up x 2
  11. ROCKFIISH

Did they add more horizontal recoil to both sides of the jaguar and lynx or just one side?
  12. queue

This is will be a huge failure unless there is an option to never auto resupply when resources are less than X.

I am going to be pissed when I don't have 100 for a MAX. Managing your resources was part of the game. those that did, could stockpile their items. It was a benefit for those that took the time to do it.
  13. ZaebashySoSOE

Aye. Jaguar is rocking to both sides and is more like T9 Carv , Lynx going to right more. Whats the most surprising adding forward grip actually don't feel like improvement at all ! It feels the same in exception of Armstice maybe.
    Damn designers, they intentionally screwed our best carabines and buffed vanus imba pew-pew sticks. Screw them, Iam going to pellet up heads with my Barrage on LA.
    • Up x 1
  14. ROCKFIISH

Well after some shooting it feels like the Lynx is still controlable but the Jaguar is pretty much useless, you cannot compensate for horizontal recoil on both sides of the gun. So pretty much they nerfed the best medium long range carbine into the ground and made the Trac-5 the best on accident. Well seems like they weren't thinking about this before hand, very dissapointing.
    • Up x 2
  15. Jezs

So you're making laser sights lose their bonus when they're turned off? (as it should be)
    • Up x 2
  16. CertFarmerExtremeMLG

The TMG-50 is fine... That is the LMG they use... The Carv has been abandoned for many months now...
  17. Bill Hicks

balancing around popularity and your ability to get kills on class that can only kill is a genius idea.
  18. WalrusJones

We have two other classes that do nothing other then killing...

They are the least played, and lowest score classes in the game.
  19. Xind

Well post patch, the TMG-50 is still performing, but the MSW-R suffered a vertical recoil nerf as I use the Foregrip and now has a slow equip time that I moved away from the Carv to avoid. The hipfire capabilities of teh weapon are greatly exaggerated...compare it to any other hipfire weapon with advanced laser sight and you'll see the CoF is just too large to accommodate that role. Now I've entirely replaced it with the Hailstorm which performs better as a hipfire weapon at what seems to be no real downside.

What did the MSW-R do to you SoE?
  20. Doublefrost

If I read the notes correctly, I saw a BUFF for the overpowered Gauss SAW and a NERF for a bunch of underperforming TR weapons. Gee, I wonder why the devs are pulling out incentives with an extreme tone of desperation in the announcement. It's almost as if people are less willing to play.
    • Up x 1