Frame Rate/Optimization

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Gary, May 4, 2013.

1. Hatamoto

Ao 5 is Ao 0 i think
  2. Gary

yea, AO on 5 leaves the box un ticked. I will do as you asked and turn it on etc, find some big fights and get involved :) I would never expect to be able to play on these settings, PC is 15 months old. I highly doubt il get 60FP in a zerg fight :)
  3. Gary

After playing a bit with the adjusted settings, the game looks great, running with a around 100 Frame rates, any big encounter how ever renders my efforts pointless as i drop to less then 30 fps. TO be fair i was expecting that running on the following

I5 2500k @ 4.3ghz
    RadeonHD6950
    8Gb Ram

However i did get these screenshots :O

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Going to keep the settings saved for random screenshot taking when bored :) Will be going back to the settings i posted earlier because the game still looks great and the FPS i get is definitely sufficient :)
  4. Hatamoto

nice looking scenery there :) 30 fps on that rig seems too low though, my several years old i7 950 wont drop to that level ... this game sure is weird. Try this just for fun; when you drop to lower fps, 30-40, try disabling the HUD for a bit and see if it affects fps and/or smoothness of gameplay. The HUD used to drop my fps by 10-15 fps depending on situation, but now i cant see it take off as many fps .. however, disabling the HUD makes gameplay feel alot smoother.

That reminds me, i need to make another "SOE fix the HUD" thread :p
  5. Aircrafter991

6. UnrealGaz

120fps with both GTX 580 cards in sli mode at 100% load in warpgate something seems clearly amiss here
  7. Hatamoto