Three days with this armor buff and yeah, it was overdone...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by treeHamster, May 4, 2013.

1. KlyptoK

ESF's have entry-level requirements such as piloting ability and skill that keep them somewhat limited.

Tanks are much easier for the average joe to just get in, drive, and engage with.

But I don't agree with the OP.
  2. Jalek

For cost and crew requirements, lightnings are the equivalent of an ESF. The MBT's are more like liberators, so why is everything focused against MBT's?
  3. Ketobor

The only thing that annoys me is that I am basically required to be a HA now. I am facing massive walls of tanks with nothing to do but go HA. Also my team never seems to have the deathsquad, its just me and 5 men against a legion of 20 tanks and libs.

When ZOE comes out maybe I can go 2x Vortex+ZOE, but at my current income rate it will take me another two months to save up for that.
  4. DreamlessLiberty

A round of applause to the morons who complained about tank rear armor being to vulnerable to air. Tank rear armor is supposed to be vulnerable. If it's an AtG problem give tanks a special AtG shield. Now it takes 2/3 of my striker rockets to kill one vanguard and the vanguard can one shot me. On top of that he has 2.5 seconds to one shot me because that is how long it takes to get a lock on. I drove a MBT and blew the crap out of everybody effortlessly. If you don't have a rocket launcher or a rocket turret you are useless as infantry. It takes everyone and all their rockets to kill tanks. If you people played chess your rating would be negative because you can't see for looking. I guess that is cumulative stupidity. Nobody out of that stupid pile is going to suggest a shield against air. Now I can sit in my spawn surrounded by 20 tanks and snipe with the other now 20 snipers in the spawn and try and get an infantry kill because if I walk out of my spawn POW dead to an aoe tank round. If I come running down from the next base over POW dead from an aoe tank round. I go run up in the hills and try to get a vantage point POW dead from an aoe tank round. I go spawn a galaxy and try and kamikaze it into a tank, well there is probably 40 tank rounds through my hull and I might have made it halfway there. Now I'm forced to buy the air lock-on launcher because I'll never have 2.5 seconds to lock onto a tank and live and use gimped dumbfire rockets to try and kill tanks half a mile away. O wait the long range anti-tank max. *Thumps head against wall repeatedly*. I have to buy the long range anti-tank arms for my max. Another round of applause to the morons who complained about tank rear armor being to vulnerable to air. Let's all make a max + engineer repair train. *Pops a champagne cork*.

• Up x 1
  5. Zapon

Still waiting for counter-reasons to my posts on the prior page, but I'll add to the paperwork and ask you guys this-

ESF's are intented to counter other ESF's- if the enemy is massing air, why not push for massing tanks to fight tanks? Since air is intended to be balanced that way- why not for vehicles as well? Combined with further base redesign- i don't see the issue here, as tanks should always be able to one-shot infantry.

And Outfit leaders and non-outfit platoon leaders(like me) SHOULD BE ABLE to pull massive forces(bigger than the ones you currently see in-game, which pale to game launch-size forces)

Oh, and don't forget- you guys cite spam , but trust me when i say that armies of 100 tanks fighting 100 tanks* will draw more people into this game than tanks which get two shotted in the back.

*yes, more needs to be done, as the current state still is far from this
  6. Torok

proper answer:
    there is no plan to make the current MBT multimanned, i heard all the AGN episode yesterday and when the question came up Higby stated they could make any new vehicle ranging from 1 to 5 players crew but he didn't even bother to bring up this Multimanned MBTs madness, it's just pointless

personal answer:
    everyone who wants a multimanned MBTs is bad and should learn how to play the MBTs or just give up already on it
    sincerely as a 133hours 5k kills with my Vanguard i can say: tanks are fine, so go **** yourself or start certing into an AP lightning/Mbt
    Goodday sir

what a dumb post, a tank column means dozens of players, and you alone should be able to harrass them easily and without danger? your days of easy kills are over, now adapt or die.
    i still think AA bursters are too good, but the ESFs against tanks were even more overpowered, hell it was ten times better than a Dalton Liberator, instagibbing MBTs

harrasser is extremely fun indeed, and the MBTs are extremely fun aswell, why would you change that?
    oh probably because you're bad with them and need someone for you to take over the role of shooting since you can't do it yourself. aight.
  7. Sorro

Here are the numbers for killing Tanks after GU8 with a lancer. The numbers are up 1 additional shot for most vehicles 2 for the Vanguard.

Here they are Given as X+y Where X= charged shots and y=single shots.
    Sunderer Front/sides 5
    Sunderer w/Blockade 6+1
    Lightning front 6
    Lighting Front W/armor 7+1
    Lighting side 5
    Lighting Side W/armor 6
    Vanguard Front 8+2
    Prowler Front 7+1
    Prowler Side 6+2
  8. DreamlessLiberty

If you knew anything about modern warfare you would understand that massive tank battles are quite boring. The whole point is either to out focus fire the enemy or flank them to hit their rear armor. But wait, rear armor isn`t vulnerable anymore. So it`s just focus fire; one big box shooting at another big box. It`s like sniping with an infiltrator except you can move three times as fast and your target is ten times as big. And the infiltrator and medic classes are now null. You might be able to re-create desert storm on Esamir with its rolling hills to see exactly how exciting it is.
  9. iProtocol

You're wrong, the rear armor buff excludes rounds fired by other tanks and turrets.

This change was needed, the OP is mad because he used to be able to off 10 tanks with a squad of HA and not anymore. HA doesn't cost any resources to pull and shouldn't be equivalent to a tank in stopping power, that's what the 100 resources AV MAX is for now.
  10. TintaBux

Okay so you want tanks to be useless all together again then? Sorry but this is not COD.
  11. DreamlessLiberty

If you shoot a rocket into the back of or into the turret joint of an M1 Abrahams tank it blows up. 1 rocket. Why is every tank in PS2 a Tiger tank prototype mark 1,000,000. Tanks are supposed to dominate wide open areas, not closed in areas with buildings. That`s why they have weak rear armor because out in the open they would not be shot in the back. The rear armor would slow them down and cost unnecessary resources. But now every tank is a battleship on land that dominates everything. They even nullify guerilla warfare. Tanks did not dominate in Vietnam.
    • Up x 1
  12. HazyW

Because nanites.
  13. DreamlessLiberty

In one patch nanites suddenly became overpowered only for tanks. And people who can't go play one of the many tank mmos out their and fight on even ground instead drive around in their craven land battleship sniping infantry nullifying a large portion of the game and pretty much removing context from the game. In one patch PS2 went from being the best mmo to a crappy version of battletanks because of lousy tank drivers who need a craven land battleship to kill someone. Well I don't like CoD. But I might go play battlefield instead.
    • Up x 1
  14. treeHamster

Apparently none of these noobs ever saw Saving Private Ryan. The tanks there got like 1 or two kills while the infantry took them out with ease.

The dedicated tank drivers are whining so that they can have their massive open field battles and yet don't at all even admit the buff makes them ridiculously OP at base fights which is like 80% of this game, maybe even more.

We all know those dev's won't change the tanks to multiman, so the ONLY other option IF you tank heads want your stupid armor buff, would be to make the MBT's cost 600 resources and raise the timer to a minimum of 10 minutes. Lighnings could be 300 with a minimum timer of 7 minutes. The idea being that you put some value on keeping your tank alive and not use your new buff to go be Rambo, driving through open bases blasting every infantry you see without any risk of dying.

P.S. The reason tanks don't have a ton of armor on their backsides is because that is generally where the engines are mounted and they require venting as well as exhaust or they would risk engine failures. But lets through common sense out of the window and say these tanks run on pixie dust and rainbows.
  15. treeHamster

More like they want a battleship on full tracks.
  16. TomoB

AT-mines, anyone? Oh, right, they are useless, my bad.
  17. Zapon

saving private ryan doesn't reflect how a modern tank would perform, with heavy armor packages, active-kill systems- tanks get a lot better than that.

Furthermore, you are talking about issues with base design, not tanks- yet you want to make tanks harder to get.

Why, when the point of the game is armies of forces? Why fight against what is the game's premise?

Oh, and last i checked, tank rounds fired into the back of an abhrams wasn't sufficent to fully destroy one.
  18. sdfasdfa

The only resource worth considering is launching this game over doing literally anything else. Senior Driving Simulator 2 is just not something I'm going to invest my time in.

This attitude that resources are in any way valuable is what hampered/wrecked the launch of this game. The resource cost of a Liberator or an MBT are completely irrelevant. The only thing that matters is that players have an interesting game to pick up and play - which cert/resource/patience warfare is not (that's literally EvE online without the consequences).

Odds are that if this redux of vehicular infantry slaughter takes as long to slowly be reverted as the first iteration did, the game will be finally dead for good.
  19. Hetman

So for now only AIR and other Tank can be counter for a tank out in open, and you see it as OP. Cry my a river.

If you think that this video of small Javelin making 60 tons of steel dissapear is real, then I want to ask you how US army is going to make their enemy pack their tanks full of explosives.
  20. XDDante

i don't see any problem at all, i just see more victims of my recently bought NC-15 Phoenix :D

but seriously everything in big numbers is OP,that just doesn't apply to vehicles,but you see if there's a platoon of tanks you should have an Anti-Vehicle platoon yourself,remember size MATTERS!!!