Carbines need to be rethought

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Paperlamp, May 3, 2013.

1. Paperlamp

They seem to be the best of both right now. :s
  2. DashRendar

Touche, but I'd like to see TR exceed the GD7 in RoF. TR should have a carbine with 950rpm at 107 damage per shot with slightly higher than GD7 hipfire CoF but lower bloom per shot and access to adv laser/suppressor/softpoint. Make AR and LMG versions with same damage but 900rpm with more controllable recoil and you've got a new line of TR unique weapons that I think everyone can be proud of.
  3. Xind

I'm willing to try out some super low damage/super high RoF weapons, but those will definitely be the bullet hoses people claim the current TR weapons to be...the reward for headshots the lower the damage goes becomes less and less worth the potential bullets missed.

I'd be hesitant about dropping the damage below 125 at optimal range because the drop off is going to really punish those guns if they try to fire past medium even. (even with soft point, which would be mandatory.) Not to mention how horrendous it would be fight to Resist Shield heavies with 107 damage per shot reduce by 40-50% (Not sure what the value is)...*shudder* Still, I'd give 'em a shot.
  4. DashRendar

With the shoddy hit registration and server lag the game suffers from, I think it could be considered a tactical benefit having more bullets being pumped out over time, more chances that one is going to reg correctly. That plus the trait of having more shots per mag may cause the TR to actually make sense for the first time in a while.
    • Up x 1
  5. ChaosRender

I think the serpent and GD-7f should get knocked down to 800 at least as well as giving the TR at least one 167 carbine. The reason for that is each faction should have at least one gun that is vest at there factions trait, and they should be the only ones with it. Like the 200 dmg guns for the NC, how ever each faction should have a gun plays like the other factions. (IE. the Ursa, Flare and TGM-50 all being copies of the Guass Saw S/EM6)

Oh and I was just surprised that the TR had the only .75 ADS carbine, I thought that was the VS thing, that is all.
  6. WalrusJones

My exact issue with them.
  7. Xind

I'm not sure teh ADS thing is a faction trait it's kinda thrown in all over. Excluding SMGs, Pistol, and Shotguns which universally seem to be .75

NC: 2 Assault Rifles
    TR: 2 Carbines, 1 Assault Rifle
    VS: 2 LMGs, 1 Assault Rifle

I think NC is just missing an LMG or Carbine that has .75 ads movement.

I want TR to be on par with the others as far as RoF carbine, but I really don't want to see the Serpent/GD-7F nerfed, that'll just suck for players that already enjoy those weapons. A brand new 1000 Cert/700 SC purchase for all TR players is a better course of action *gags on his own capitalist bile*
  8. Sharpe

No, people downvoted it because there was (and most would say, still is) far more important things to add to the game other than new weapons, in whatever form. - Yes, most people don't know it's actually separate folks that work on those. But there you have it - it's why it didn't get the upvotes. What you wrote is just assumption on your part based on your bias towards shotguns and prejudice (deserved or undeserved) towards SOE.
    • Up x 1
  9. ChaosRender

Well they could make a new 900 or 1000 ROF guns, I am just saying that ROF is the TR, Hard hitting is the NC, stealing other faction perks is the VS.(kidding)

You should have one gun in each category that iconic to that factions trait taken to the peak. (IE NC 200 dmg guns) But you should also have have one gun that is in essence like a average gun of the other two factions. The reason for this is balance and to be more user friendly to people who don't like that factions guns but say want to play with friends. It would also allow people to better under stand their factions traits strengths and weaknesses.

If you look at the NC 200 damage guns you see all that represents the NC play style over all , in both it strengths and it weakness. The TR and VS should have something like that, and currently that is not the Case for the TR, that is why I thing the serpent and GD-7F can take a tiny hit in ROF to let that happen.
    • Up x 1