Auto Repair bad now?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Flaeb, May 2, 2013.

1. Mr. Troffleops

Playstyle really. Why would I bother with Flak when I can just charge away from C4 soldiers. Its pretty obvious when they pull it out. I've never been C4ed when I'm actually paying attention and have charge equipped. Auto-Repair ROCKS. I don't know how many times outfit engies can't get to me, or pubbie engies won't heal you at all. Whats worse, if you shoot them, 99% of them take it personally and start shooting back. Auto-repair keeps me sane, as I play MAX 90% of the time nowadays, and solo-MAXing really depends on nano-repair.
    • Up x 1
  2. GSZenith

pump pump pump.
    /&/(/&(/%%&&/ NERF pumpshotguns!!1!!
    or i just 7shot you with it :D no need to waste c4 on max
  3. Pikachu

Do MAXes survive c4 when having maxed out flak armor? :eek:
  4. Souleater

They did pre-Gu08 on a sliver of heatlh. I don't know how much health they have after a hit now. I lot more I would guess
  5. Quiiliitiila

Pre-buff they did, now with the buff they survive with a goodly amount of health left. If I am to believe all that I read, some people said that it leaves you with ~50% health. I have not tested it myself though, so yeah...
  6. Torok

all three utilies are a must have now to be honest, i got all of them and you're gonna need them for each and every loadout

KINETIC for NC more importantly since we're often being harrassed from mid/long range on AI loadouts
    AUTOREPAIR for AI loadouts when soloing or if you don't have a dedicated engi
    FLAK ARMOR for AA loadouts especially or for AV if vehicles are going to fight back at you, if not you can probably pick autorepair

i don't know what i'll use mostly once the Aegis shield is in my hands :)
  7. AwakenRiceball

I personally like Kinetic Armor 5 because I have Maxed Out Passive System; literally, I can grab another Max if I die.

Survivability is off the chart as I can kill off a group of infantry (group of 6) losing no more than 50% hp. Double Nebula + extended Mags makes my Max a close range killing machine. I think Kinetic Armor 5 is useful for me since I play my Max like I do with my LA.
    Ambush/Surprise hard and most HA won't have their rockets out in time. I also like group surprise/ambush because of the following:

- Literally shoot each other making kills a lot easier
    - Slow them down from firing because they do not want to hit their team mate

I also pay attention to where engineers are located before going out; therefore, when I get low on HP, I run back knowing they will most likely be in that area or nearby. Matherson's Vanu are excellent repairers and supportive and could not ask for a better server!

Kinetic Armor 5 fits my style well compared to flak/nano. Flak, I am exceptionally aware of ambushing LA and somewhat aware of claymores/bouncing betties.

If this is your play style, KA5 is the way to go in my opinion.
    • Up x 1
  8. Ronin Oni

You can survive TWO C4 with maxed Flak armor.

the first rank lets you survive 1 (with a little bit of health)
  9. Blackinvictus

Agree 100 percent, charge and nanites ftw!

Seems to repair faster, though I only have 3 atm.