NC > VS > TR

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Paperlamp, May 2, 2013.

1. Van Dax

well yeah basically :p (fixed)
  2. Van Dax

and consider on top of that a higher percentage of magriders have a gunner and still struggle vs vanguards in stats.
  3. Tekuila

As much as I agree with ya, TR and VS lack anything that screams "cool" to use and watch.
    • Up x 4
  4. Fenrisk

Every faction needs weapons that players say "Omg! i want it, i need it". NC is just prime example of how to correctly update a faction giving it them kind of omg want weapons.

The Scat max, the phoenix and now the Ravens are all fun to use and have tactical advantages no other faction has access to. The problem is the devs are only giving fun weapons to the NC. Both TR and VS don't have any weapons that players drool over. This needs to change or there will always be a shift towards NS population and a lack of fun factor for the other factions.

Next update both TR and VS need something fun to use that is effective and makes the other factions jealous.
    • Up x 4
  5. Bankrotas

NC isn't least populated, VS is.
  6. Paperlamp

And learned the "fun" way today the raven can apparently instant gib infantry. Not sure why they think it's okay to make AV weapons AI sniper rifles still..........................
  7. Sharmanti

o_O

I think you missed something. Like. That NC is just getting access to these steamroll weapons, TRs only area of expertise is being nerfed at range, but not buffed in CQC at all. The Prowler is worthless. The mossie is ok, but it's not fast, neither is it as agile as the reaver. I always get chased down if I try and escape.

The striker can deny tanks, the pheonix and to some degree the lancer can just instagibb them. The pheonix is not even able to hide from.

Raven can easily just hit any moving target at almost any range.

If I could, id' just jump to NC instantly. There is no advantage for being TR at the moment. That's the issue....
    • Up x 1
  8. Paperlamp

The prowler isn't worthless, it's quite good vs. infantry and anchored mode is great for shelling bases. I prefer the Magrider just because it's more enjoyable to drive though.

Also I thought mossie was the fastest ESF?

I agree that TR has absolutely nothing special going for it now though.
  9. huller

I think what the OP means with his post is that not only do they get to excel in their faction domain (high damage per shot) they have weapons available to them that are on par or surpass with VS/TR weapons in their domain. High damage per shot is the NC's faction trait, they are the only ones with a 200 damage per shot gun (saw, mercenary). Rate of fire is the TR's thing, but the highest RoF on a carbine for TR is 800, for the lynx. The NC on the other hand get the GD-7F with a RoF of 845

in other words: how would you feel as a zerg player if Terran marines not only got access to the battleship but if their marines spawned faster and cheaper than your zerglings?

Edit: some of the biggest ******** I've ever heard has been spewn on this thread by some NC players. The exact mentality of "I don't wanna hand over my OP toys" seems to be rather dominant in these players.
    • Up x 2
  10. soeguud

Dual mercies are awesome.
  11. Cryless

tbh, I really got tired that they nerf us with every patch. it seems to me that the devs hate tr...
  12. anaverageguy

While I agree for the most part, it's also true that the majority of TR weapons possess higher RoF; TR still do have overall higher fire rate.

In a way, marines ARE more cost efficient. They're ranged and can be stimmed for increased mobility and attack speed, and when coupled with medivacs can wipe out even their "counter"s, groups of banelings that would normally wipe them out included.

Anyway, it's not that NC should hand over toys. TR should be given something better than what they're given. As should the VS. Voidrays and Thors please.
  13. bNy_

So you gonna compare planetside 2 to starcraft now?
    Blizzard knew how to release patches & hotfixs without any server downtime back in 1998/1999...
  14. Sharmanti

To be honest, the recoil of the prowler makes it horrible... Anchored is just "get instagibbed" with all AV there is out there...

Yeah, so did I. I've never escaped from an enemy by speed tho, even with thrusters. If there is any difference, it's so insignificant we don't even have to mention it. E.g the enemy can tail you from their warp to your warp without getting far behind..

Against scythes it's tottaly ok/good. If you tail them you'll usually win. I never engage a reaver unless he's a sitting duck.

Well the fracture is kinda op. But it's boring as ******* hell.. like a burster for tanks
  15. Flukeman62

i love how peouple harp on about asymmetrical balance yet they thought the Vulcan on the buggy was op
  16. Laraso

Wrong, it takes two rockets to kill.
  17. JudgeDeath

because of MLG !!!!!!
  18. Paperlamp

...you can shoot two rockets at once.

Kind of a given that I meant dual ravens I thought.
  19. Laraso

I've been using them all day, and it's pretty hard to get both hits if you shoot them both at once, unless you're at point blank range in which case a single raven + MAX punch would have the same effect.

They're pretty good if you alternate fire though.
  20. ChaosRender

I always love threads like this because things never play out like this in game.

While the NC gear may be more fun looking I have found most of it unoriginal, and not very useful. Mind you a few are good in very limited areas, to which I hope they are nerfed in favor of more useful versions.