VS should stop Whining already the Commets is exactly what our New NC weapons is !

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stew360, May 2, 2013.

1. Stew360

For those who dont like the design of the new vs charge weapons ... and cant understand how to make it worth ...

Ill say Use the Commets instead it as faster projectile and kill a TR MBT in 16 ot 17 sec exactly like our new NC weapons here a video comparaison ;)

Your new VS Maxs AV weapons as been deisgn with specifics purpose in mind if you simply want to achive the same as the NC weapons in the same situation USE YOUR COMETS and youll achive the same result Proof here

2. NietCheese

Shhhh don't bring reality into it, they are having a tantrum.
  3. Van Dax

well except the laser guide and the ability to converge on closer targets and the larger magazine yeah its about the same:rolleyes:
    • Up x 6
  4. NietCheese

If you want to kill infantry use something else then. You'll notice that the comet shoots faster and travels faster so you don't need to "guide" it, just aim. If a tank is closer than that it's also bigger on your screen and convergence is not a problem.

Vanu really enjoy feeling sorry for themselves.
  5. Stew360

LOL its not a lazer its a wire guided and the projjectile speed is much slower than the commets ;)

It as the same pupose for the same ranges

Your new charge weapons as a different pupose , trying to compare your New maxs weapons to the new NC ones is comparing apples and oranges

If you want to compare the TTK range and efficiency agains infantry etc.. Compare the new nc maxs weapons to the Commets and youll notice that both weapons are more than kinda similar ;)
  6. Van Dax

have you even seen what has happened to the game with these new anti vehicle weapons? Sure I agree I shouldn't use the comet anti infantry but why should the raven and the fracture be so effective at it? Honestly if I were NC I'd use the raven for all ranges one double rocket kills an infantry at any range.
  7. Castile

Yeah, that Raven sure is trash, who needs guided missiles when you can just aim the falcon! I don't even know what those devs were thinking, they might as well just stop trying to design new mechanics.

/sarcasm
  8. Van Dax

well seeing as they come out in the same patch as weapon analogues it is typically standard to compare as such (ie 1st gen SMGs or 2nd gen Pump action)
    and I could be wrong but isn't comets speed 90 m/s?
  9. Stew360

No matter what the commets is still really effective agains the infantry UNLIKE the other 2 empire AV rigth ? and now when our AV is effective agains infantry you talk about this topic ?

Ho many time ive call the shot about the commet been to efective agains Infantry ? and all vs was like deal with it lol

So whats is this all about ? the designer seams to want it to be this way , in my opinion all Av should be way less effective agains infantry at least the Maxs AV inclusing the commets ;)

but since VS ad the commets and was doing rampage on infantry with it i thin you guys migth need to face it yourself as well

10. Van Dax

Hey I've said none of those things, If you want to argue with a person argue against what they said. TBH I don't think the max even needed an AV role in this game; bursters take away from skyguard and AA esfs, and AV weapons just give an easy to abuse weapon to spam.
  11. Sebyos

Oh ok last time I checked you couldn't guide the Comets...
  12. freeze

give him a ******* timeout already

holy....
  13. Fumblewatt

Does this mean that you wont complain when they release ZoE + FT bug and you'll see crabmen everywhere and i'll make a topic comparing it to scatmax
  14. Ganelon

Comets weren't AV MANA turrets on steroids last time I checked.
    • Up x 1
  15. Zeke342

Sorry. OP has marked this argument as invalid. You just have to "aim" the Comet.

In all seriousness.
    It's frikin wire-guided lol. Projectile speed doesn't mean ANYTHING when you can guide the rockets to the target. This thread is a joke and should just be locked... I'm at least 70% sure the OP is trolling.
    • Up x 1
  16. FnkyTwn

So NC got some awesome new toy, and a few of them realize that it's crazy
    insane OP, but they bought it anyway, and now they're preemptively making
    threads attacking the other Factions for thinking the same thing they did?

The AV Turret hasn't been nerfed because it's available to all factions.
  17. JudgeDeath

Trollpost ... not even going to bother with anything sensible here.
  18. Liberty

LOL I don't think I've ever seen a Comet do this, but I only play TR. What do I know.

(And because I'm sure this thread isn't serious, yes I know these were on test.)
  19. NeverWas

marvelous job on killing the stationary dummy prowler, now try that with a moving target 100 meters out :D
  20. KorJax

While comets are actually pretty damn good now, it's just sad how useless our new max weapons are considering their mechanics

I mean seriously. The biggest advantage vortexes have is that they can basically snipe things from long range. But past 200-250m or so they do FOUR TIMES less damage per second than comets do, completely negating the advantage of having a super-fast projectile. It will literally take your entire ammo reserve to kill an MBT at long range using vortexes, and a lot of time.

Yeah, they shouldn't be super high damage considering how high response they are. But they really, REALLY need to lose that "damage degredation" effect they have and they REALLY need to have the charge time to get to full power shortened by 30-40% or so (effectively making their max DPS 30-40% higher). Right now duel vortexes are worse than just using default rotary cannons from ESF's to try and kill tanks with past 250m, and only marginally better than that within 250m. But within 250m the advantage of having a super fast projectile speed isn't nearly as good when comets can actually start hitting things at those ranges, and they do over double your DPS?

Never mind the fact that simply having to charge a weapon before firing it is a pretty damn big disadvantage on its own. The fact that a weapon that must charge before reaching max damage actually is close to being the worst damage of any AT-damage capable weapon in the game is hilarious to me.