The State Of The Sovereignty

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Myka, May 1, 2013.

1. Nogrim313

PM me with what ever drugs your on they sound amazing
    • Up x 2
  2. Urban_Scorp

I'm not particularly interested in more raw power. I just want to see weird and freaky mechanics.

But about the charge pistol:

Charge up Lancers are fine for the simple reason of the targets and ranges at which they are meant to engage, but perhaps a different route would be better for the pistol. Infantry combat is a bit to quick to be spending time charging a pistol, and balancing the risk with another one-shot-kill weapon would only lead to more anger.

Instead of a manual charge have the weapon automatically charge shots over time to a point. The faster you fire, the lower the damage you get out of the individual projectiles. However, if you slow your firing speed you can almost achieve the damage of an Underboss. Instantly more usable infantry charge weapon mechanic and balanced in that all it really gives the user is adaptability.
  3. Flag

First of all, you're factually wrong.
    The enforcer is equal or better than the saron on every level except bullet drop vs no drop, which frankly isn't such a big deal.
    And the magrider, while it's better than it was a month ago, is not that agile. It -can- strafe, but at a huge detriment to main gun accuracy, thanks to no turret and a gun so low that small rocks and inclines in terrain block your shot.
    And just to make it clear, the magrider is not fast enough to reliably dodge shells and fire back at the same time.
    This is even supported by some TR in this thread, for what that's worth.
    On top of that, the Vanguard has the highest main gun velocity of any tank, even better than a non-anchored prowler(don't know how it changes with anchoring).
    As for AV gun... which one? Lancer? Vortex? Names are good if you want to "discuss" anything.
    • Up x 1
  4. DeltaGun

You just making this stuff up as you go? Saron was nerfed not because of its damage vs. aircraft but because it was stronger than the Halbred and Enforcer. I have not talked to anyone who doesn't like the MAX Lancer. The ZOE sounds awesome too. The VS weapons were recently fixed to remove their range disadvantage. Hell, even our armor was buffed to be even more difficult to see.

This thread is BS.
  5. Flag

The saron was better yes, but it was evened out by the worse main gun. Especially after they buffed the Enforcer and Vulcan.
    The magrider main gun is still quite far behind the other two as is, so the saron nerf doesn't feel as warranted anymore.

As for the small arms change, it's an adjustment, not a buff. Up untill a certain range we'd get more damage drop-off, in trade for no extra penalty at long range.
    I don't mind this one though.
  6. BalogDerStout

It was under the section with the new weapons and their stats and abilities.
  7. felfox

I think a lot could be fixed (for all factions!) if SOE researched DOTs into their code.

As VS I want to see beam weapons and heated plasma burning people. Beam dots would allow for sustained damage based on skill to maintain accuracy and dots would let us have unique abilities like lesser burst damage on the Magrider cannons but leave behind melting plasma on contact. These two things alone would give some huge uniqueness to the faction and feel alien.

It would also open up ideas like proper flamethrowers and maybe allow the TR to have flame tanks or incendiary grenades. NC might be trickier or not really benefit from dot effects but they seem to be pretty unique already in their shotguns and laser guided weapons.
    • Up x 1
  8. Myka

Spent a little time with GU08 and it's safe to say I was right about the Vortex. Massively underpowered compared to the other two.

More disappointment.
  9. deveras

I fully agree to everything you've said.

VS faction design is inconsistent, uncreative and the only reason why VS loses and loses active players.

PS: Yes, VS also sees a lot new player registrations. But these don't matter. Analyzing the statistics makes clear that these new players do not stay for long, as the VS faction design leaves no incentive for staying.
  10. Yerk

Overpowered, easy mode Vanu still crying for more free buffs?

Vanu wins every alert by a wide margin when the population is continent capped at 33%/33%/33%.

Vanu just got their extra damage degradation removed that's supposed to mitigate no drop advantage. They also buffed Magrider strafe the last patch. Vanu weapons and equipment are already idiot-proof. Point and hit Lancer on all ranges, Hoover Scythe with no weakness and infantry weapons with no real downsides lol.

Now, SOE refuse to rotate the warpgate to give more advantage to Vanu. LOL.
  11. HazyW

This is a lot of complaining without a single piece of data.
  12. felfox

Vanu can win at 33% generally because (at least on connery) they've had to learn to fight better while being underpopulated and such.

Degradation drop on our weapons is actually a nerf between 0-80m if I recall and is a buff afterwards and no bullet drop is only consistent on our regular infantry guns.

Lancer's take a while to charge up and you need to either hide or hope that you lose track of the target during charge up. The amount of times Ive seen a hover podder come into range, I charge up my lancer and as soon as I go to fire they fly off. The beam is also not instant so I still have to lead if they move.

Magrider was OP back in beta when there was no counter to it and the buffed speed still doesn't really offset the slow/weak cannon and tied weakest armour. Scythe I have no answer to (ramming needs to be fixed >.< ) but every dogfight video seems to always be a mossie or a reaver so something is going on.

Warpgates need to be swapped every month, no questions asked. I'll grant that this is sort of a VS advantage but even as a VS player I recognize that this shouldn't stay.

Overall it's not that we're/I'm asking to be buffed and made OP or anything, it's that (I for one) was expecting some actual thought put into our abilities and weapons to make them different from the other two.

TR are classic military weapons with gattling guns and chain guns and swarmer rockets and (flamethrowers/incendiary maybe?) weapons.

NC is rail and gauss weapons, electromagnetic and gas chamber rounds. They use shotguns and the more 'punchier' weapons.

VS is lasers and plasma and beam weapons. I for one expected sustain beams and charged beams (the lancer was good! vortex is pretty worthless though since MAXs are medium/close combat suits) or plasma that burnt over time but we don't really have any of this and the few that we do are being placed in the wrong places such as charge mechanic on a close range mech suit or in our faction pistol.

Making sure something is balanced is SOE's job as well as coming up with great ideas but we as players are here to help them with great ideas as well and the reason VS players are getting so distraught is we've given hundreds of ideas but feel like they don't listen or care about it. Some are very simple and others are complicated of course but even something like DOTs should have been in this game but were 'not in the code.'

When you look at the pistols on our zoidbergs (vortex on MAX) they are very out of place because none of our MAX weapons are anywhere like this. There's no consistency in our faction and it's highly frustrating that the players can think of all these ideas that would fit and yet the dev team seems to have absolutely no idea or vision for us and can't or won't use our ideas to flesh us out better.
    • Up x 5
  13. Caladin

@yerk

Vanu consistently fights with less population than the NC; as such, we have learnt both to play better as an individual and as a team.
    On briggs, for the TR, whose population is possibly even less than the VS, this effect is even more noticable.

If you are wondering why the NC starts losing when the populations are equal, this is why. The VS and the TR live in the fire, while the NC do not.
    • Up x 1
  14. Myka

Thanks for the posts all. Save our Sovereignty! :D
  15. Dis

This thread...wow. I'm ashamed to call myself Vanu.

So the vortex sucks compared to the raven and fracture, boo freaking hoo. If you truly think VS weapons/gear are UP, trust me the problem is not with said weapons and or gear.

Oh and those coming in here and claiming VS is lol easy mode, you're equally pathetic, just for different reasons.
  16. Abize

Our gear isn't underpowered it is just either cripplingly over-specialized or so general they have nothing special about them, our lancers (and the pissy new max AT) are only better than the other r.l's at extreme ranges where the vehicle is a (normally) a non-threat. Our small arms aren't the worst at any areas, but they sure aren't great in any either and I have yet to see a plague of "This VS weapon is sooooo OP" (not since the mag at launch). Our one truly unique weapon the lasher is currently only good for doorway spam and getting yourself weapon locked. Our magrider has the worst main guns and worst empire specific secondaries and this is apparently balanced out by being able to strafe, which id (and I can bet a few other tank pilots) would gladly trade for weapons that were actually threatening. The only saving grace to the VS is the scythe and that is only because it is the easiest to pickup and play but doesn't have as high a skill ceiling as the reaver or mossie.
  17. LT_Latency

One down, One army to go

Victory to the TR
  18. Zaik

i'm drowning in this river of tears
  19. Abize

Go rank a VS char on your home server upto BR50 and then come back and tell us it's all good, otherwise all I hear is a spoilt NC pretending he doesn't have all the advantages.
    • Up x 3
  20. Roarboar

In its current state SOE might as well remove the VS faction entirely, they just arent competitive in any way compared to the other factions.

I began leveling up an NC character a while ago, but I just dont really feel like playing it, because Ive already invested so much time in my VS character, and I also find the NC music extremely irritating. I might just take a break from the game with the hopes that one day the VS will not be massively underpowered.