Most Powerful Sniper Rifle ?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by HellasVagabond, May 2, 2013.

1. HellasVagabond

Well the question is easy, which is currently the MOST powerful sniper rifle an NC infiltrator can use ? The default bolt driver is very good but shouldn't there be something even better ?
  2. TimeRabbit

Longshot is the rifle you are looking for. It has a higher bullet velocity as well as damage and can equip a 12x scope
  3. HellasVagabond

So the longshot is more powerful ? Anyone else ?
  4. Ztiller

If all you're looking for is Damage, the Longshot have the highest one. It's not a matter of opinion, but pure statistics.

As for usefulness, that's all about what playstyle you prefer. all snipers bring somethign good to the table over the others. Choose what perk you value most.
  5. HellasVagabond

What advantage does the bolt driver have over the longshot and vice versa ?
  6. Mefi

Bolt driver has better reload time and RoF.
    Longshot has better damage at 0-99m, higher bullet speed (= less drop).
  7. EViLMinD

You shld compare stats ingame. I use all SRs, but la80 is probably my fav. I use an 8x scope.
    Longshot is a must, though.
    • Up x 1
  8. SGTWOLF68

Longshot is all around best bolt ation.
  9. InfamousOrnio

Longshot si the best
  10. Mustarde

Best is a relative term. Ztiller said it best - statistically the longshot has the highest damage per round and bullet velocity. The tradeoff is longer reload and rate of fire.

In my hands, the SR-7/v10/la-80 is my preferred flavor, as it balances ROF and damage/velocity nicely. I hate using the RAMS.50. But that is just my preference, and I freely admit that many will disagree and/or do better with other rifles.

Unless you spend a lot of time sniping, truth be told, the differences between the bolt actions are quite miniscule. The bolt driver/M77B/XM98 are very acceptable rifles.
  11. Hoki

Bolt Driver.

Because it sounds ******* awesome and you feel ******* awesome when you shoot it.
  12. Sugarcubes

Depending on the range and bulletdrop, longshot is really easy to handle, judge the rough distance with a personal marker, I mostly shoot at 250-300 meters with a 12x scope, most of the time 1 dot below the aiming dot is enough at that distance. But is it true that a longshot is the only weapon which can insta-kill a fully outfitted heavy, due to the extra 50 dmg?
  13. Vaphell

no, all bolt actions can kill anybody (maybe except HA with his imbashield on), the difference is at what distance they stop doing that. Base damage goes from 750@10m to 550@75 for tier1 and tier2 rifles, from 800@10m to 550@100 for tier3 rifles. It translates to 100% sure OHK against fully decked out NW5 up to about 50m for tier1/tier2 and up to about 75 for tier3.
  14. Nocturn0l

at 100m range the longshot does the same damage as the other bolt Action snipers, so absolutly no Advantage there, only Advantage is the higher velocity but the difference in bullet drop to the la 80 is very Little, i prefer the la 80 for faster reload speed