GU08 Today, 02/05/2013 R.I.P. ESFs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mazdam, May 2, 2013.

1. Skippytjc

Wait, so the original poster is upset that he needs to reload ONCE to kill a MAIN BATTLE tank? And they are upset that people on the ground have one tangible method to counter them?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    • Up x 3
  2. soeguud

greater unit render distance in general would be very much appreciate. I have to retweak my settings but having an ammo tower pop up suddenly 10m in front of your face is hardly a satisfying experience. As an NC player on Briggs, the bane of all players are the sheer weight of high level, fully certed ESFs that TR and VS seem capable of infinitely fielding. And they're not idiots. They also know full well that they can tank a fair bit of AA fire whilst dropping rockets on infantry hiding hopefully in between crags, before popping over the next ridge to rinse + repeat. A single AA max will deter a player who's not confident with flying. But not the ones on offer in Briggs.
    • Up x 1
  3. SlingBlade

Good, as someone who has put hundreds of hours in a scythe I think it was way too powerful before. It was far too easy to kill a tank, you could even fly at the rear of a skyguard and be very confident you could kill it before it killed you. This will hopefully bring it to a reasonable level.
    • Up x 3
  4. PurpleOtter

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  5. Slandebande

If you are hitting the tanks Top armor, then yes, you might not kill it in 1-2 seconds, but most ESF's would line themselves up to hit the tanks Rear armor, and don't even get my started on how stupid that mechanic is implemented in PS2 making it waaay to easy to accomplish than what could've possibly be intended (e.g. coming from behind in an ESF while the tank has its *** covered by a rock, but wait, you don't care because you just unload your pods in the side/top and deal full rear-armor damage
    • Up x 1
  6. Taiji

Oh, so it's only the VS that stood a chance. I wondered why Vans always popped so easy to my lolpods. Thanks for the info :) But still, they one shot ESFs. And a decent ESF pilot can deal with the Prowler's only advantage; speed. Plus needing to deploy to make shooting an ESF as easy as it is all of the time for a Van, and then obviously deploying while defending against an ESF just means dying faster 99% of the time.

So my point still stands and I am wiser thanks to you.
    • Up x 2
  7. ZaebashySoSOE

This thread is BS.
    G40-F Ranger is now a bogey scarecrow. AA rockets 33% fail at hitting targets....and ESF don't fly where AA maxes holding except for kamikaze.
  8. buff as hell irl

Actually I think all that's needed is a nerf to Bursters and some sort of buff to Libs (Maybe increased survivability? Maybe rof increase to the Dalton? Maybe less damage falloff on the Shredder?) and balance will be basically perfect right now. If Libs were just a little bit more common to see out on the field there'd be more of a reason to play air-to-air ESF, but with Bursters as they are you might as well still just run pods.

Personally, as a pilot, unless I start seeing a hell of a lot more libs in the air, I'm still going to be running pods instead of EAFTs or A2As, and I'm still going to log a lot of tank kills, they just won't be instagibs any more.
  9. Skippytjc

No.
  10. buff as hell irl

Yes.

If you don't think a quarter-squad's worth of infantry-based anti air denying an entire battlefield to the aircraft designed to kill ground (liberator) is imbalanced, I don't know what to tell you. FWIW I think they're basically fine against fighters.
    • Up x 1
  11. FoxD3v1lsW1ld

Agreed. But dont think
    Agreed.
    But i do not think that will come. Most people are not flying, so any threads to buffing air will get downvoted immidiately. As you see already.
  12. Skippytjc

There are ZERO tangible AA options for infantry or bases without turrets other than a burster MAX. Its a simple fact. It boggles my mind that anybody at all thinks nurfing bursters is a solution. Aircraft are so amazingly OP against ground targets and its a joke that they want to nurf the only real defense they have. If you bring up airguards ill laugh.

So...NO! Stop your crying that somebody can actually shoot you down once and awhile.
  13. Tomoki Sakurai

waiting upadting:eek:
  14. HazyW

:D this thread.
  15. buff as hell irl

I think you're still under the impression that I'm butt mad over the God Pod nerf. I'm not. In fact I almost never die to Bursters in my Scythe, I know how to use cover against Flak and I know how to keep out of line of sight of spots where there's most likely to be Bursters, like spawn rooms. As I said, I think Bursters are fine against fighters.

The simple fact is, the Liberator right now is binary. Either you have ideal conditions (such as lots of high cover along an approach, like the area around the SE Warpgate on Indar) and you ruin everything and everyone, or you get forced away instantly by a handful of Burster MAXes that, especially after this patch with buffed Flak Armor, you simply cannot kill fast enough. They're small targets that are difficult to hit directly, and even if you do kill them, they can (and almost certainly will) be revived. Because Liberators are so fat and slow, it's simple to hit them at render distance with Bursters. They just are not threatening in a large battle. That needs to change, and the Burster is the root of the problem.

I don't think Libs should be able to loiter over a battlefield forever and be basically invincible, but the situation right now is not good.
  16. Flaeb

ESF need a rework. They should be terrors of the sky snd fragile. Buff air to ground main gun. If a ESF hits an infantry e
    With rotary. They should die instantly. Thats how air should fight ground. But keep aircraft fragile. Nerf AA maxes, and givr infantry small arms to be able to shoot the pilot in the cockpit. Great counterplay. Strip rocketpods, and keep A2A missiles and make them lock on to tanks. Lower resistance to top armor on tanks so this will be viable when missiles slam down on tank. But this its lockon, the driver has a chance to defend itself with smoke and isnt surprised insta gibbed. Do this, and youre giving ESF roles without them being op. -typed on phone, sorry for typos-