"Tank armor has been increased for GU08. Each tank is capable of taking 1-2 more infantry rockets"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberBonisseur, May 1, 2013.

1. tjG3ftw436

Enjoy it while you can the fury is getting the nerf bat. On the test server the damage has been dropped from 750 to 350 and according to higby on reddit that is going into effect GU9.

I really hope this buff applies to lightnings too.
  2. WalrusJones

Basically, It will become an objectively worse marauder?
  3. WalrusJones

Lightnings have gotten an absurd buff to rear armor, and the largest buffs to armor in other places as well (Taking 2 extra rockets on all sides.)

Regardless: The Lightning is CALLED the papertank.

Edit: I honestly thought I had taken long enough to not doublepost.

Edit2: Also... I find lightnings absurdly survivable, You can just drive under a magrider to make it stalled and unable to mov.... Wait, Cheap trick. Sorry.
  4. InterSpectra

I'm not using the Fury to really damage the vehicle here. In fact, Blockade 4 Sunderers get blown up by four simultaneous C-4, which an Engineer with Utility Pouch 3 + Dual C-4s has access to.
    C-4 and Tank Mines only have 500 hitpoints before setting off, that's still plenty for this purpose.
  5. Roland2TowerCame

Indeed, while I love driving a tank, I unlocked my second C4 for my LA just for this alone.
    (and so far it's been totally worth it ;) )
  6. GSZenith

so i need to hit a tank one more time with av turret @ 900m? :(
  7. Zamanoy

I am an unhappy Heavy Assault, because even if you have the 'Munitions Pouch' slot maxed, you still need to sit on an ammo pack way too often. A suggested change I have is increased rockets since they do so little damage. Another one is having a sidegrade opposite of the Decimator, it would be a higher velocity dumbfire rocket that would do the same damage as the ML-7, but not 1 hit kill infantry.
  8. Draxo

Its a start.

However the problem is with more than raw damage/durability.
  9. Revel

Good. Now make Top armor reduce C4 damage.
    • Up x 2
  10. Revel

I agree. Should've made it so ESFs hit top armor, top armor reduces C4 enough to survive 2, reduce rear multiplier, and make AV turrets easier to find or reduce their range.
  11. Bankrotas

Now if only we got some HBT's
  12. Bill Hicks

Ok im trying to wrap my head around this. Against organized team? you mean your specialized vehicle/tool is not invincible

Even if they buffed your tank by 400% an "organized team " will be able to kill a vehicle with a maximum of 2 people. An organized team SHOULD be able to kill anything if they are good enough. Should a max be able to win against 10 snipers far away on a hill?

You should not send your vehicles where infantry are waiting for an ambush. You should be forced to send in your own " organized team" in and clear them out. Tanks are support for infantry.

• Up x 1
  13. Stormlight666

So now trying to take out those tanks pinning you in a spawn will be nigh impossible. Maybe they should lower lock-ons for ground vehicles by a second once they do this to balance things out.
  14. siiix

yes that is unchanged, all mines and C4 are stay the same, even the air to land rockets and wall turrets

so pretty much only the infantry rocket launchers and tank to tank changed

and this was very much needed
  15. NinjaTurtle

No you misunderstand me (though I probably wasn't very clear). I don't expect or want a tank to be invincible.

I do however think that a 20% increase in tank armour (or whatever the value is) won't stop people claiming tanks are under powered against infantry and it won't stop tanks being insta gibbed by esf rocket pods
  16. RobotNinja

Yeah...or it will just make 20 tanks (along with Libs, ESFs, infantry platoons) all camping every single exit of a single spawnroom more ridiculous than it already is.
    • Up x 1
  17. meucha

Cool, my Vanguard AP cannon will now be worth using (in some circumstances) over my HEAT.
    HEAT used to be jack-of-all-trades, now AP makes sense.
  18. Sharmanti

Unfair it it wouldn't to be honest. Noone would use C4 against tanks anymore, it's 200 resources and a great risk so.. not killing the tank would just be mean
  19. zukhov

Well, hopefully they will bring the bases from tests over soon and put an end to that sort of thing!
  20. HellasVagabond

Still when people bunny hop not even HE shells can kill them and that needs to get fixed.