Fixing the Shooting out from Spawns problem

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RomulusX, May 1, 2013.

1. Phazaar

If there's 8 Liberators outside your spawn, you've lost. You as a single AA MAX shouldn't be able to chase them away using an I-win button (see: invulnerability); you have no right to. The spam is occurring because you're being suppressed; it's not for the game to break that suppression for you, it's for you to go to a neighbouring base, get an ESF or a group together and get over there to challenge the attackers, or get enough AA MAXs to run out of that spawn as a unit that you can actually challenge the aircraft on skill+numbers, not I-win buttons...
  2. RomulusX

I see what you're saying, and I agree. But only for the smaller more outdoor posts. I think for the bigger bases, more emphasis needs to be placed in redesigning them so that the spawns aren't susceptible to the vehicle spawn as many people, it seems, agree that it kills the fight.

There is another thread that talks about redesigning every smaller outpost with more walls/etc to limit the spam that I agree with as well.
  3. Aegie

If you think having an invincibility room is the best solution and are correct then it is time for me to move on.

If you think gameplay that revolves so heavily around the use of invincibility areas is good that is fine for you- I think granting invincibility is stupid, boring, and hardly helps the defenders in any way other than giving them a place to shoot for free (and incentive to do so thereby losing the actual objective).

Problem is, they started with spawn rooms and so a lot of people lined up at the buffet with spam. Response: make bigger better invicibility rooms. Result: you can still camp outside the spawn room but now you can camp inside as well. Anyone actually interested in decent FPS action can go to hell most of the time.

Give defenders a way to defend? Please, unless enough defenders show up to make it worth while to run out of the spawn room then there is still no incentive to leave the comfort of invincibility because they enemy already has the invincibility room surrounded- surrounding the invincibility room is the strategy and camping it the tactic. Of course, this only works if there are not enough to push out but you do realize that if there were enough people defending to make a successful push from most spawn rooms then they would be MORE effective if they ALL did not appear in the SAME completely predictable place everytime over and over again.

This is to say nothing of all the AA that camp inside invincibility rooms even when the base is yet being camped.

These rooms remind me more and more of when kids play games and one child starts pitching a fit because they said "timeout" just before they were tagged and cannot understand why that is not okay, not a game, and not fun. That or when they declare on the spur of the moment that the exact place they happen to be standing at the moment of getting tagged is suddenly "safety" or "home base". Sad really and not interesting at all- these invicibility rooms contribute to boredom, waiting and meh gameplay.

Perhaps my idea is not a great solution but there has to be something better than invincibility rooms in terms of gameplay because as it is so much of the gameplay revolves around camping and waiting it often hardly resembles a FPS.
    • Up x 1
  4. MFP_TK_01

Bye
    • Up x 1
  5. Aegie

Wow- clever.
  6. UberBonisseur

I cannot express how stupid this statement is.

Actually, I will:
    If you're an attacker, you have everything to gain by standing out in the open.
    The defenders stay inside the spawn trying to get quick kills = no defense.

So, let's see, what was the problem again ?
    Defenders staying inside instead of moving out ?
    It's easy, just kindly ask the other side to clear out the line of sight it will solve the problem.

Silly players
    • Up x 2
  7. Teegeeack

Bye bye then.
  8. Teegeeack

Go away instead of just threatening to do it as if anyone here gives a ****.
  9. HellasVagabond

If the spawn room gets accessible from enemy forces what good is the remaining cap ? If the spawn room gets emptied and campled by enemies the base is taken over. So no it's not happening.
  10. Zotamedu

The only reason people stand inside the spawn room. camping, is that you can get a lot of free kills that way. Remove the free kills and you remove the people camping. Only the attackers can remove the free kills by spending half a second actually using their brain.
  11. Zotamedu

If it's a bio lab, then DON'T STAND NEAR THE SPAWN ROOM. There is no reason to stand there once the SCU is down. If the lone guy tries to get out, you'll notice once he tries to repair the SCU or when he tries to retake a cap point. Then you hunt him down and shoot him. It's not that complicated.
  12. Bearcat

The spawn room shields are working as designed. The problem is that the attackers rush to the spawn room so they can be the first one to shoot defenders as the leave the building. If the attackers would stay back and defend the capture points, they wouldn't get shot from people in the spawn room.
  13. HazyW

Judging by all these threads, it is a very difficult concept. What, they should change the way they play the game? NEVAH
  14. Zotamedu

You sir, are not using your brain. Why on earth would you stand out in the open? What will that gain you? There is no tactical or logical to ever stand in the direct line of fire of the spawn room.

Yes, asking people to not be totally ******** is apparently too much to ask. Anyone with half a brain would soon learn that standing in the line of fire is bad because it gets you shot. Yet people keeps doing it. If you are sick of getting shot thorugh the spawn room shied. DON'T STAND IN FRON OF THE FREAKING SPAWN!

Learn from your mistakes.
  15. Badname0192

There, your post seems better now.
  16. UberBonisseur

Okay since you don't clearly seem to grasp your mistake:

Defenders staying inside the room plays against the Defenders
    Defenders shoot Attackers if Attackers stay in front of the doors

Therefore...
    Attackers should always stay in front of the doors to keep Defenders inside

If Attackers clear the doors, Defenders will get out.

Which means Attackers have everything to gain by standing in front of the doors, because it keeps Defenders inside as they hope getting a kill or two in complete safety.
    • Up x 2
  17. RomulusX

Reading comprehension must not be your thing :)

The current system rewards defenders to not defend, but to camp safely and farm kills. Even if attackers don't stay in the open, the inherent safety of the spawn room will keep defenders in them if attackers are running about.

(not sure if the highlighted sentence is grammatically correct, but hopefully you'll figure it out)
  18. Beartornado

Why don't you just make it so you don't gain exp for kills earned by shooting out of spawn room?

So basically, shooting out of spawn now has the only purpose of clearing an area to try and push out.

Failing to push out means there's no reason to stick around, and nothing to be gained. So either you try really hard at pushing until it caps or you move on to the next base and set up for defense.
    • Up x 2
  19. Rivenshield

Three words:

MULTIPLE

DESTRUCTIBLE

SPAWNS
    • Up x 1
  20. RomulusX

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Worked in the first one. I don't see why not. The only thing is they would claim it destroys large fights before they even have a chance to begin. But still...that's left to the players.