[Suggestion] PRONE POSITION!!!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by kisven, Apr 29, 2013.

1. kisven

This is large warfare style game why can't these solders go prone? Are they scared to get dirt on their suits? Prone should greatly affect accuracy and decrease scope sway. But there is one major problem, there is NO ABILITY TO GO PRONE! Please for the love of all things holy add the prone position.
    • Up x 2
  2. HellasVagabond

Already rendering issues + prone position = invisibility for infantry.
    Would like that too but probably not gonna happen.
  3. kisven

It honestly shouldve been there from the start.
    • Up x 1
  4. thePankakeManne

If we're calling for a nerf to strafing, what horrors will bringing about prone position yield? I mean, I agree that there should be prone position...but I don't think the benefit of adding it outweighs the inevitable cost.
  5. haldolium

I think the games dynamics aren't really made for prone...
  6. kisven

Dynamics not made for prone? I don't understand how you came to that conclusion please explain?
    • Up x 1
  7. kisven

It's not just a need to strafing per say, and as funny as it would be to see a max doing the low crawl that would be ridiculous. Prone benefits all classes the same way. Just limits mobility greatly.
    • Up x 1
  8. thePankakeManne

I understand that it would be greatly beneficial, and I'm all for having a way to go prone.

I'm just saying that be prepared for the inevitable calls for nerfing it in some way so people will quit exploiting it. How they would do it, I'm unsure, but I know that some people will find a way, some more people will cry OP, and a firestorm will strike us all, just like strafing.

But yeah, I'd love to see a crawling MAX suit. :D
    • Up x 1
  9. Mythicrose12

OP wants to see female VS infiltrators crawling... ;)
    • Up x 1
  10. Revel

He's not the only one.
    • Up x 1
  11. Compass

They can't go prone because then Magriders would complain about NC and TR going prone under their tanks.
    • Up x 2
  12. Arkos

It would be fun to use while infiltrating too, especially if you've got the right sort of camo for whatever terrain you're in. Recon dart tells you someone's coming around a corner soon, can't make it to cover? go prone in that little patch of grass. And you're already harder to see while cloaked and crouched. Prone and crouched...again, potentially very fun and useful.

Reducing scope sway while prone...I can see pros and cons. Many people would whine for it to be nerfed for sure though. OHK bolt actions are OP, remember? even though they require more skill to use than a pump action and there's that issue with nanoweave now...anyway. Increased accuracy though would be awesome. Reduce recoil and both CoF and CoF bloom maybe?
    • Up x 1
  13. SGTWOLF68

Agreed, no thank you.
  14. Ronin Oni

Prone is not needed
  15. Celliosh

Prone would be great! Won't ever happen. If it was even an option I believe we would've seen it on day 1.
  16. Wayfar

Nah, to retro.
  17. yama

If you want to be harder to spot, I recommend the F key.

As if crouching was not already enough to evade a magrider ;)
  18. BloodyPuma

Imagine that all loosers that are abusing macro will introduce new tool to their shed, allmighty macro:

1. Strafe left
    2. Strafe right
    3. Strafe left
    4. Strafe right
    5. Sprint
    6. Strafe left
    7. Stafe right
    8. Go prone
    9. Jump
    10. Strafe left
    11. Start norecoil shoot macro

Its not that engine is not ready for a prone [visibility etc.]. Its the devs response to actuall real abuses and no ban pollicy to macros. Thats the problem.

And as a sniper myself - thank you, its not needed.
  19. Bennybones

Prone would be the single most OP thing in the game. The sheer amount of rage that would wash over SoE if infils would be able to lay down at 400m, in a tuft of grass, taking people out. It just wouldn't work.
  20. Sam the sheepdog

There's no need to go prone. Magriders already can't run over anyone but friendlies. The only way I've gotten a road kill on anyone in my magrider was when they jump, and I'm a dedicated tanker. Actually, now that I think about it there was one guy crouched down in a bush that I didn't know was there, and I backed over him. The only way I knew how I killed him was because he sent me a tell.