Warning!!! Do not buy fury incoming nerf.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by SNAFUS, May 1, 2013.

1. ArcKnight

well this game is loosing more players and SOE tries get new players instead of trying to keep/bring back its current/former player base
  2. Flukeman62

of course they may just be testing it and all this feed back may convince them it was a bad idea. lol who am i kidding.
    • Up x 1
  3. Fafnir

There is the Renegade shotgun, but nobody used it, because it was outperformed by the Fury. It is capable of instagibing people, which the Fury will be not after the nerf. No you know the real reason of this nerf - SOE just wants us drivers to buy the Renegade.
  4. sosolidshoe

"it's out-performing other weapons in our metrics" is SOE-code for "Higby died to it a few times in a row and got mad".
    • Up x 2
  5. X3Killjaeden

guis, guis, relax. Se deals are just random. Because SOE said it.

/sarcasm
    wraith flashes are kinda OP with it, but thats about it.
  6. SilentWindOfDoom

I was content to give SOE the benefit of the doubt until a month or so ago, but i'm pretty much over that. I'm not saying the Fury is getting nerfed or that this sale is anything more than coincidence, but in general, i'm done. They're absolutely atrocious developers. What god damned developer releases a new weapon of a particular class when the existing weapons are borderline useless and are in serious need of a balance pass?

If this moneygrubbing ******** is what you need to do to keep the game on life support, please do us all a favor SOE and put it out of its misery.
  7. EViLMinD

Oh... F. Don't mess with the Fury. My fully upgraded Wraith is my favorite thing in this game.
    • Up x 1
  8. siiix

its very shady marketing method .. instead of releasing stronger and stronger weapons like what other shady companies do (KOOOOGH EA) SOE nerfts every single weapon after its been released with the excuse of balancing, yet releasing every new weapon the same way

with the fury this is the same tactic in a different approach .. not any less shady, if you read the roadmap new weapons are coming for the sundie in less then a month, so the tactic is to dumb down old weapons so the new powerful weapons can be sold for SC again

the obvious intention is to give people a TEMPORARY advantage when buying the weapons early.. sure you can buy the weapons with Cerst as well , but chances are by the time you save up the 1000 certs the weapon is already nerfted

this happening now over and over again so it cant be a coincident ... did someone mention pay2win ?

suggestion to SOE : how about releasing some decent cosmetic items to make money... the cosmetic selection BLOWS, and new weapons are way to frequent compared to cosmetic upgrades... lets make some money the honest way !

its pretty obvius that the mercy will get nerfted
  9. lag

higby's generally open and direct nature often makes me forgot that soe is essentially an evil corporation. i'm sure he could stop this crappy change from happening, but he won't bother.
  10. Kapernum

Why was this moved here?
  11. SiosDashcR

Discusses about an item on the Test Server which is only to the Test Server. Not everything in Test Server will make it to Live, so it's not a full confirmed until you see it.
  12. WookLordz

Yeah
    Seconded.
  13. Xebov

If the changes to the Fury come as they are on Test now it will have an heavy impact on Sunderer. Furys have less splash but higher rof compared to bulldogs, with the current change they do nearly the same direct hit dmg like bulldogs with less splash but the same magazine size, removing them as a viable option for a sunderer.
    • Up x 2
  14. Dragonblood

People finally use that damn flash.....that will change with a 60% damage nerf.
    • Up x 1
  15. UnDeaD_CyBorG

I think it'd be a better balancing to the cloaked flash to increase the recloak time with a weapon equipped, and reduce max ammo by half;
    I mean, you're driving a Flash, with a grenade launcher, that apparently carries a half ton of ammunition.
    Still, a nerf to the Flash Fury was needed. Not so for the Sunderer, which is not part of the discussion.
    Does it really make a difference if it's random shady behaviour or purposeful shady behaviour?
  16. Fafnir

I know, right?
  17. Dragonblood

yeah, perhaps I will go back to playing league of legends, when the patch hits the servers. :-/
    At least you can't nerf skins that you bought with real cash.
  18. UnDeaD_CyBorG

After thinking a bit more about it, I'm generally fine with the direction of the change, though the numbers could be improved.
    So far, it looks like the damage is nearly cut in half; I think it should not lose more than a third, barely enough to not make it one-hit infantry when connecting a grenade.

Though what would people prefer?
    Mostly nerf the AOE, so it's bad against Infantry but decent against tanks?
    Or mostly reduce direct hit damage, but don't touch the AOE too much?
    The Fury currently fills both roles, AT and Group suppression, and it'll have to lose one.

Additionally, I'd suggest adding the current weapons refire time to the de/recloak of the Wraith module, which hits fury's and renegades the hardest (or just fix it for each weapon, renegade is rather unused and will stay that way), and cutting down it's ammosupply.
    It's a small quad, after all.
    In total, many small changes could weaken the Fury, with Focus on the Flash, without gimping it on Sunderers, and leaving enough damage to perform at least one task reliably.
    Unless the Flash is about to get a TOW rocket or something.

... :rolleyes:
  19. Fafnir

Tell this to my digital camo. It looks like bright red latex now.
  20. Dragonblood

That camo just looks.....how should I put it......gay. XD